BaByliss Thermal Ionic Hard Hat Dryer-Does anyone have this dryer

janeemat

I'm planning on ordering this dryer from Folica today. I was wondering if any of you have purchased it. I did have my eyes on the Pibbs dryer, but it states that you must use a net when drying. This is not a problem because when I rollerset, I use a net. But I need to be able to use my aphogee treatment without a net. That's my only draw back from purchasing a Pibbs. I borrowed my girlfriends Conair on the stand on Saturday, and this was like heaven being able to sit so comfortable without trying to stack pillows in a chair as I have done for years with my table top dryer. I really can't say if the drying time was shorter than my normal 1hr +, but it was so comfortable, sitting there with my laptop, until I looked up and I had been under it for 1 hr 30 min. I check the reviews on Folica and there were only 55, but mainly good reviews. After using my friends dryer on Sat, I can't go back to the pillow stacking.

i don't have this one, but i ordered the hot tools tourmaline 1875 watt ionic dryer from e-bay for $99 + $19 s & h. i think they are pretty similar. i haven't used it yet because they wouldn't ship it to me in Japan. I'm going to use it in May when I go the states.

I got one. I got about a month ago. I like it. It has a big dome. I can fit up under it good. Plus it's adjustable so you can move it to suit your height. It also dry fast. It has the Ionic feature of course, which can be turned on and off. It has three settings. Low - Cool, Medium - Warm, and High - Warmer. I say warmer because to me it don't get hot, but my mom and my sister say it does to them. But all in all, I like it and I am glad I purchased it.

Thanks! That was a good review. I've been having my eye on the babyliss for over a year, but now I'm debating bwtween it and the Pibbs.

I just got this dryer today! I'm super excited to try it!

FYI: Sally's has it on sale for $129. I actually went to 3 sallys before finding it. Some Sally's have the Conair Pro instead for the same price but I wanted the ion feature that babyliss has.

I bought this dryer from Folica when they had a sale in December (2009). After taxes and free shipping, I paid $108.00. :grin:

I LOVE this dryer! I can adjust the height, it's sturdy, and heats my whole head in 45 minutes (on high)! I store the hood in my closet. And the pole under the couch. And the wheels by the stairs. Doesn't take up space. I wish I hadn't been cheap and just invested in it a long time ago.

Oh, and with the large (grey) rollers, my head does fit in the dryer, especially the sides. But if I rollerset too low, the last row of rollers won't fit. But it doesn't even matter, because it dries evenly with the rest of the hair!

The only thing: I wish the med setting was a little hotter, cause I think the hot temp can be a little too hot. But other than that, it's the greatest investment I've made in a long time. It's my baby, and I won't go back to any table top dryer. :nono:

Back