avocado oil

Armyqt

Avocado oil is very, very good for the hair. I use it, but not all the time. I would say go for it.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Elysian Isle is the only avocado oil I've ever used, but I really like it. I always add 1 TBS to my moisturizing conditioners to give them a little more "oomph". It works better than evoo for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Elysian Isle avocado oil too, and I keep meaning to add a little to my conditioners, but I always forget!!
Thanks for the reminder, Sassygirl!!

godzooki

I use avocado oil in my water/rosemary spritz. I love it. it gives just enough slip. I tried using castor oil but it was too thick and kept clogging the spritz nozzle so I went back to avocado oil and was like "ahhhhh...."

aikaa71

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Elysian Isle is the only avocado oil I've ever used, but I really like it. I always add 1 TBS to my moisturizing conditioners to give them a little more "oomph". It works better than evoo for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Elysian Isle avocado oil too, and I keep meaning to add a little to my conditioners, but I always forget!!
Thanks for the reminder, Sassygirl!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I also add to my conditioners.

buffalosoldier

I just bought the spectrum refined kind for about $8 and It is worth the money. I like the consistency and it is very moisturising. I'm adding to my conditioners. My hair responded well to sweet almond oil but this is richer.

hair 3c

T

Tee

I love Avocado Oil! It is my favorite oil. I use Elysian Isle's unrefined Avocado Oil and it is a lot better than the kind typically found in health food stores (which are usually refined). I use it as a hot oil treatment and mix it into conditioners for extra nourishment. It leaves my hair sooooo soft and moisturized!

Karezone, I find Avocado Oil to be lighter yet more moisturizing than Olive Oil. Avocado oil is a natural source of pantothenic acid (panthenol) which is why I think it does such a good job at moisturizing the hair. It rinses cleaner that Olive Oil, which tends to leave a lot of residue behind, IMO.

T

Tee

I've never tried using fresh avocado, but I've read in a couple of beauty mags that it works well on hair!

karezone

I want something that I can store easily and the oil will be just that avocados have to be used before they turn into mush, the oil will not become mush.

buffalosoldier

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
buffalosolidier, where did you buy your spectrum avocado oil from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it from a health food shop..rainbow acres in La. whole foods sell it as well. I wanted the unrefined type but they didnt have it. So I asked the woman for advice (she knows her stuff )and she said that refined products in health food shops arent as refined as those found in the supermarket and that is why they cost more. She said that it still had a lot of good things in it.
I really like it evoo does nothing for me when added to conditoner.

hair 3c

Leshia

I was thinking about getting this oil, but got some emu oil instead. I think I may get this one after my emu oil is all gone if I haven't experienced anything good with it. I should hope so though, for the price...