ATTENTION:CHICAGO LADIES-SOUTHSIDE

missnurselady

I need to find a new stylist for my grandmother who lives in Chicago. She has been with her current stylist forever and her work has just gotten worst over the years. My grandmother hasn't been satisfied in a long time but continued to go back because she is doesnt know where else to go. Im in saint louis so I have no idea where to recommend, but she said that when she went last week she burned her on the neck with her Marcel irons and that her hair is breaking and thinning and that her stylist said its her blood pressure medication(mind you she has been taking this same medication since she was 19). She also says that in some spots her ends turned golden brown and when she combed through her hair it just crumbled:wallbash:. So with that said, its time for a change! I really need your help on this one, do you ladies know of anyone on the the southside(76th and Hermitage) or anywhere for that matter because she will travel:yep:!

adw425

I'll ask my mom and sister. They live on 79th and 80th, respectively, (a little further east than Hermitage) but go to different salons. Oh, my best friend who live on 86th near Western has a great one somewhere on Western. I'll PM you after I talk to her.

Katt73

I am a DIY'er, but I treated myself to the salon last summer and found Daneen at Sedwick's Salon (63rd near Stony Island). She is EXCELLENT:grin:. She truly cares for hair and works with a lot of LHCFers. Her info is on the Salon board (I don't have it handy). I highly recommend her.

ajoyfuljoy

Whenever this board talks about the best stylist in Chicago, I saw them mention Daneen at Sedwicks. I think one thread even posted her number. You might want to search for it.

I also know another stylists in the far south suburbs (off of Vollmer Rd, way south past Lincoln Mall/Lincoln HWY). Pls. PM me if you are interested.

arby

Whenever this board talks about the best stylist in Chicago, I saw them mention Daneen at Sedwicks. I think one thread even posted her number. You might want to search for it.

I also know another stylists in the far south suburbs (off of Vollmer Rd, way south past Lincoln Mall/Lincoln HWY). Pls. PM me if you are interested.

:grin:Happy Easter Ajoyfuljoy!!!

I'm in the South Suburbs and I'm always looking for someone who does healthy haircare. You mentioned that you know of someone out this way?

Please share. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And also, would you mind sharing your experience with the SouthSide stylist(s) you'd recommend?

Your hair is beautiful, and you're making incredible progress. Thanks for sharing. I'll also post this on the forum for all to share. btw- the pics on your myspace page, and your regimen is inspiring!!!! Thanks for your haircare wisdoms!!!!

Last edited: