Are co washes mandatory for relaxed hair?

HoneyDew

I can't get down with co-washing. I need my hair to be cleaned with every wash and conditioners alon just don't do it.

krissyprissy

Co wash dont work for me either and I lose too much hair during all washes. Less is better.

Sometimes I put my hair in a ponytail and only co wash the ends if my ends feel dry.

KhandiB

I co-washed yesterday..and I really like the way my hair turned out. I used Shea Butter Cholesterol.. cowashing IMPS is only good for like what I did this week, I washed Sunday and didn’t get a chance to curl my hair so I had to wet it again before I went to bed, and it was really soft and my hair looks so soft n sexy right now :lol:

But I use too many cones on Non Bun Weeks to co wash..
So it would totally defeat the purpose :lol:

FAMUDva

nadine1977canada said:
Are co washes mandatory for relaxed hair? Must we co wash more regularly as lets say 3 to 4 times a week?

I don't think so. I tried doing the Co Wash when I first joined LHCF, but quickly realized that I cannot jump on all the bandwagons that work for some. For me, wetting my hair and manipulating wet hair is bad news for me. So I ONLY wash once a week and DC then. Sometimes I may need a wash before the week is up and I do so then, but other than that, no constant wetting and co wash, etc for my head.

I hope you find what works for you.

sareca

For me they are mandatory. My hair is not crazy about shampoo but loves conditioner and water.

KhandiB said:
I co-washed yesterday..and I really like the way my hair turned out. I used Shea Butter Cholesterol.. cowashing IMPS is only good for like what I did this week, I washed Sunday and didn’t get a chance to curl my hair so I had to wet it again before I went to bed, and it was really soft and my hair looks so soft n sexy right now :lol:

But I use too many cones on Non Bun Weeks to co wash..
So it would totally defeat the purpose :lol:

KhandiB:
Do cones affect the way co-washes come out? I'm thinking maybe that's why I don't seem to have luck with them.

KhandiB

yeah they coat your hair so you gotta get them outta there, I clarify every wash because of my use of them :)

Maybe you should clarify, condition and then start co washing from there. If you use cones *I believe* that will defeat the purpose of co-washing..

Im no expert though :lol:

chocolatesis said:
KhandiB:
Do cones affect the way co-washes come out? I'm thinking maybe that's why I don't seem to have luck with them.

MzOptimistic

Once I reach 6week post relax, I start cowashing to keep the newgrowth and my hair from becoming dry. It works for me and allow me to stretch my relaxers. I'm going for 12 weeks now never done it before. I am currently 9 weeks post and doing GREAT:)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I don't think there mandatory for most relaxed heads, but my hair doesn't feel right without them, so I do it.

wadadligyal

Yeah it's definitely not mandatory. i've come to realize that also. I only wash once a week and that suits me just fine. Less manipulation works for me.

LABETT

It's mandatory for my hair when my newgrowth gets rough.
Co washes helps me stretch my relaxer.
Co washes may not be for everyone.

LaShanne

co-washing definitely helped me stretch my relaxer to 12 weeks, but honestly, it took too much time out of my already crazy days. i dont think i'll do it as often this go 'round but i'll definitely do it.

gradygirl

I got alot more growth when I used to cowash but it was way to much manipulation for my fine hair strands so I had to quit.

KhandiB said:
yeah they coat your hair so you gotta get them outta there, I clarify every wash because of my use of them :)

Maybe you should clarify, condition and then start co washing from there. If you use cones *I believe* that will defeat the purpose of co-washing..

Im no expert though :lol:

Thanks for responding. Maybe I'll do that. I'm going to try the Keracare line. So maybe I'll try using the 1st lather shampoo whenever I shampoo, or every other time I shampoo.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
My hair does not like co-washing..it will take nicely to a mid-week regular ole shampoo wash..but nooooooo co-washing

sunnieb

Cowashing isn't mandatory, but for my hair it really helps! I like being able to do a quick cowash and airdry after working out instead of a time consuming shampoo and deep conditioner.

I also believe that cowashing helps keep my newgrowth moisturized so I'm trying to stretch my next relaxer to 14 weeks.

Toy

Cowashing is not mandatory but for my hair it is my hair loves co washing i would be a dry tangled mess out in this dry arizona desert its a must for me.