Anyone wanna share your nape successes ?

jamaicalovely

I had MAJOR nape issues for years. Then I realized the problem; it was a combination of overprocessing, overlapping, sleeping with the scarf tied in a ball in that area, dryness, etc. So I started babying that nape like crazy and now it's strong and healthy.

My basic regimen was to:
*stretch relaxers (and then I eventually went natural)
*apply relaxer to that area last
*massage the area
*apply extra DC to that area
*moisturize it 2x a day
*switch to bonnets
* etc. - in a nutshell, EXTRA TLC

Here are some pics:

FEBRUARY 2007:

FEBRUARY 2008 (post big chop):

FEBRUARY 2009:

GREAT PROGRESS!!!!!!!

qns1980

Thanks for the inspiration ladies, I have the same issue with my nape. It never grows with the rest of my hair. so this gives me courage, I am going to moisturize it right now! lol

SelfStyled

Loolalooh- Thank you so much for sharing. Wow. Wow. Wow. The crazy thing is I remember the nape challenge on BHM that you started, and look at you now. Your hard work has really, really paid off. Congrats- this really is Nape Success.

HisBestFriend

OMG, this comes at just the right time!! After a year of having no hair in my nape I finally have some hair there!!!

I mean my nape hadn't grown a bit since it all fell out in Apr 08 and I ended up having to cut my hair to just under my ears. I am in braids now with the intent of not relaxing for the next year.

I am going to start updating my fotki again, now that I actually have something to show.

But it's like another poster said

No relaxers
Constant DC
Sealing with oil

MRJ1972

Here's the thread I made about my nape progress. You might have seen it before.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312231&highlight=

That was December 4 months later I jacked it up again:nono: :cry: But at least i know how to grow it back again:ohwell:

Your hair looks just like my daughter's:scratchch

I had ALWAYS suspected that the stylist left relaxer in her hair, now I am convinced...It has been over 2 years and that section of her hair is still patchy, maybe only 1 inch long...I am going to stop relaxing that section and take your advice so that I can grow her hair back!!! I am still mad about this :sad:

FluffyRed

My nape has been troublesome for my entire LIFE!!!

But clarifying with baking soda and water is the TRUTH!!!

I never had trouble with tangles again after using a handful of baking soda and water in a water bottle while co washing.

HTH

locabouthair

Your hair looks just like my daughter's:scratchch

I had ALWAYS suspected that the stylist left relaxer in her hair, now I am convinced...It has been over 2 years and that section of her hair is still patchy, maybe only 1 inch long...I am going to stop relaxing that section and take your advice so that I can grow her hair back!!! I am still mad about this :sad:

yeah a lot of times its not rinsed out well because the nape is resting on the shampoo bowl..

*Michelle*

I had MAJOR nape issues for years. Then I realized the problem; it was a combination of overprocessing, overlapping, sleeping with the scarf tied in a ball in that area, dryness, etc. So I started babying that nape like crazy and now it's strong and healthy.

My basic regimen was to:
*stretch relaxers (and then I eventually went natural)
*apply relaxer to that area last
*massage the area
*apply extra DC to that area
*moisturize it 2x a day
*switch to bonnets
* etc. - in a nutshell, EXTRA TLC

Here are some pics:

FEBRUARY 2007:

FEBRUARY 2008 (post big chop):

FEBRUARY 2009:

WOW! Congratulations!

My nape use to always be a few inches long. I stopped relaxing my nape about a year and a half ago. Now my nape is almost the same length as the rest of my hair.