Anyone Overcome Heat Trained Natural Hair?

Nola Darling

How did you do it and what did you do to keep it healthy?

I've been flat ironing once per week on 350 degrees. I use Chi Ion guard and Chi Silk infusion. I also use coconut oil in my conditioner and a little before flat ironing also.

I'm SO close to APL....or I THINK I AM APL. But anyway...I think I need to do a good trim to get rid of some loose ends.:nono:

Ive been thinking, if products can repair hair back to health by "filling in holes" or bonding to the hair fiber, couldnt you make ANY hair back healthy? Even if it gives the APPEARANCE of healthy hair, isnt that what we want anyways? Maybe my thinking is far fetched. :look:

ACK. I read everything wrong. My bad. Just woke up from a rough night. :lachen:

Last edited:
It sounds like it is time for a trim. When I was pressing regularly-this was years ago- I would alternate hard and soft presses. I would press it out relaxer straight one time, and the next time just run through the hair once using low heat basically giving it a blown out look. I would wear it up during the soft press. Maybe alternating the intensity of the heat would help you out after you get rid of those bad ends. This is my plan for going back to being a straight hair natural. Hard presses once a month (after the intital one month training) and the rest of the time low heat detangling so I can comb through it and put it in a bun.

Hmm :scratchch this sounds like a good idea

It sounds like it is time for a trim. When I was pressing regularly-this was years ago- I would alternate hard and soft presses. I would press it out relaxer straight one time, and the next time just run through the hair once using low heat basically giving it a blown out look. I would wear it up during the soft press. Maybe alternating the intensity of the heat would help you out after you get rid of those bad ends. This is my plan for going back to being a straight hair natural. Hard presses once a month (after the intital one month training) and the rest of the time low heat detangling so I can comb through it and put it in a bun.

Back