Anyone not moisterize daily?

dicapr

I have been moisterizing daily for the past few months. My hair feels soft right after I add conditioner and/or hair lotion but feels coated and dry later on in the day. I am thinking of only moisturizing twice a week when I wash. My hair normally feels moisturized after I massage my scalp and I think I will do this daily instead of adding leave ins and hair lotions. Any one else had success with this method?

goldensensation

How do you wear your hair?

I moisturize twice a day (normally). A water based leave-in at night (Profective Breakfree) and non-water based one (Profective Long and Healthy)***. They seem to balance each other out- for my hair- and it never feels coated. Or better yet, when it does, it is time to wash again. :)

***ETA: the non-water based one is for the mornings.

Last edited:

dicapr

goldensensation said:
How do you wear your hair?

I moisturize twice a day (normally). A water based leave-in at night (Profective Breakfree) and non-water based one (Profective Long and Healthy). They seem to balance each other out- for my hair- and it never feels coated. Or better yet, when it does, it is time to wash again. :)

I normally wear my hair up in some type of claw clip. I do not have a problem with dryness when I CW daily, but I am tired of running around with a wet head.

MizaniMami

dicapr said:
I have been moisterizing daily for the past few months. My hair feels soft right after I add conditioner and/or hair lotion but feels coated and dry later on in the day. I am thinking of only moisturizing twice a week when I wash. My hair normally feels moisturized after I massage my scalp and I think I will do this daily instead of adding leave ins and hair lotions. Any one else had success with this method?

What kind of moisturizer are you using? Do you think it is too heavy?? I had this problem until I made my own spray moisturizer using 2 of my fav moisturizing condishes and some oil. Works out properly!

dicapr

I don't know. I just spray on some store bought products that say for daily moisture. The leave ins I am currently using are Aphogee daily leave in and Dove daily moisturizer. The lotion I use daily is Silk Elements Restore and Revive oil moisturizer. I don't use all of them daily. Usually I just spray the conditioners on my hair when I style it in the morning and at night before I go to bed. I've tried oils, but all I end up with is oil hair that is still dry as a bone.:confused:

Mizani_Mrs

i have that problem when i moisturize with a product that contains heavy mineral oil. try using EQP rcovery oil moisturizer. u can add a dab of oil to it depending on how much oil u need. i also like the UBH moisturizing products...

Catina72

Mizani_Mrs said:
i have that problem when i moisturize with a product that contains heavy mineral oil. try using EQP rcovery oil moisturizer. u can add a dab of oil to it depending on how much oil u need. i also like the UBH moisturizing products...

I so agree with you:grin: on the UBH moisturizer. I was using a pink oil type lotion with castor oil, no mineral oil or petralatum( i checked!) that seemed to be so moisturized. However as the day went on it became hard and dry :mad: . Tried the UBH moisturizer which has oil in it and water too and it not only works but my hair stays soft. Perfect!;)

Candy_C

dicapr said:

i only moisturize after i wash and thats it, i add grease the next day when my hair is nearly dry..

to much moisturizer causes breakage 4 me

jaded_faerie

Candy_C said:
i only moisturize after i wash and thats it, i add grease the next day when my hair is nearly dry..

i only moisturize when i feel the need to

Candiss

I now moisturze twice daily. In the morning with something light like the Fantasia leave in and the at night I moisturize with that and add some vaseline to the ends.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

It depends on how I'm wearing my hair. If I've done the wet set and am wearing my hair in tight kink curls I will moisturize everyday. If I'm wearing my hair straight/ceramiced I will moisturize every 2-3 days.

SweetCaramel1

dicapr said:

i don't moisturize daily but i do add two leavein's into my hair until the next wash. they are emough to do the job. i don't use direct heat though. i either air dry or use the bonnet dryer and dry in a wrap style. i'll wear in a pin up, ponytail or just down. either way, no or minimal heat is applied. if so i think it would require more moisture to be added.

Last edited:

KiSseS03

I just started moisturizing daily, because in the past I could get by with only moisturizing after a wash. Now that I'm transitioning, and washing less frequently, as well as wearing more "textured" styles I need to moisturize more, or at least use some oil.

joyous

I never moisturize. I just wash and condition my hair once weekly and its fine until the next wash.

Blackbird77

I usually moisturize daily if my hair has not been flat-ironed. Right now, it's straight so I moisturize with olive oil (just the ends, though). I find that since I've Maxiglided it straight and use no oil, I don't have a problem with hair coming out when I run my fingers through my hair. I'm not one to wear my hair straight, though so I don't know about this being a long-term thing.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Candy_C said:

same here... but my moisturizer is just water and i sometimes apply grease before i airdry as well and maybe apply grease to my hair some days during the week...

Iluvsmuhgrass

I haven't always... primarily due to laziness. :p But now I try to moisturize atleast once a day. I've noticed alot less shedding. Right now I use NTM moisturizing mousse and leave in, then stay-sof-fro (that ain't no joke!) on my ends, then a light oil, then I put it up. When I take it down, there's alot less shedding (a few hairs) as opposed to the handful here and there (ok maybe a quarters worth) when I was lax about my haircare.

fyi, drinking lots of water helped me too.

Angelicus

I really don't moisturize. Don't look at me funny like that.

Since I co-wash daily, i feel like that is when I am moisturizing. When I wear my hair down though, I honestly don't put anything on it everyday. If I see some dullness, i just wash it again (i loveeee washing my hair with delicious smelling conditioners)!

Candy_C

it seems that moisturizing isn't really nessessary... i had to be forced not to moisturize daily...after 2 days my hair looks after itself.