Anyone ever own a hot air/blowdryer BRUSH? Does it actually work?

BillsBackerz67 :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting! That's the one I have my eye on!
I think the none bristled type would be better for my hair type.

I had one. It got tangled in my hair and was ripping out too much hair. It wasn't strong enough. It's sitting in my drawer now, I haven't used it in years.

I love 'em! I've used a Revlon ionic ceramic one and am now using the Remington T Studio one here. I got it at Target. It's awesome! I use the paddle brush. My old Revlon one was really good too. It just had the ceramic round brushes but it worked well.

I use the hot air brush as the first step when straightening my natural hair, but I'm sure it would be fine on it's own if you're just blowdrying relaxed hair. I used a hatchet style dryer w/a brush attachment during my transition, and I bet the hot air brush would be even better. :yep:

Because of another post by BlackCardinal I just ordered the remington from overstock.com. I'm about 11 weeks post and I wanted to try it out on my newgrowth. I'll let you guys know how I like it when it arrives.

I hope it works out for you, Amcd. I highly recommend using the wide side of the straightening brush (it's basically just a vent brush) for most of your drying. Again, if you need more work at the roots, try the small round brush. There's also a round brush included that has retractable bristles, but I haven't used it (I think this attachment would be most useful if you're trying to curl your hair or give it volume).

If you detangle beforehand, using a brush when you are blowdrying shouldn't be pulling out a bunch of hair. In the past when I noticed more hair in the comb/brush, it was related to the products I used to prep my hair. Once you've detangled with a detangling comb, your hair should be able to glide through the hot air brush without "catching," so you should have something in your hair that lightly coats the hair and provides slip. Avoid anything with alcohol in it or anything designed to make your hair "dry faster."

5172-A8624.jpg

I have this one by Babyliss. I am a natural 4a and it straightens my hair SO much better than a regular blowdryer with a comb attachment. I get the best silky flat iron results when I use this before flat ironing. I love the results, I just can't cant use this every single time I straighten because I feel like its a lot of manipulation and you have to use small-ish sections so it takes a while.

I think the Babyliss one has been discontinued but I remember seeing the exact same hot air brush with the "Rusk" brand name on it in Ulta one time.

Ladies, I bought the Helen of Troy one today. I'm sitting under the dryer as we speak (can't believe I actually rollerset my hair tonite!)...so I'll report back with my results tomorrow :yep:

Back