Anyone ever bleached their hair to be blonde

Maxitonia

I have light brown reddish hair color I want to lighten the color to medium blonde, is the only way to do it is by bleaching it, that's what my hair stylist told me. I never used it before and I'm very scared to do it, my hair is not damaged but is fragile. I want to find out if any of you ladies ever bleached their hair before? What was your experience?

Barbie83

Are you currently relaxed? If you are DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!

I lightened my base (i'm naturally very dark brown) to a medium honey brown and had fine streaks of platinum highlights (using bleach). It was a professional job, and of course the results were gorgeous. But after about 6 weeks (and touching up the perm three weeks after the color), I began to experience major breakage. I eventually lost all my edges. I was forced to put in micro braids to grow my edges back in. IT WAS TRAUMATIC!

Patricia

I have light brown reddish hair color I want to lighten the color to medium blonde, is the only way to do it is by bleaching it, that's what my hair stylist told me. I never used it before and I'm very scared to do it, my hair is not damaged but is fragile. I want to find out if any of you ladies ever bleached their hair before? What was your experience?
Honey that why I ended up on the boards searching tring to save my hair from a bad dye job. I ended up cutting all my colored hair off anyway:wallbash:.

Maxitonia

No I'm not relaxed, I'm natural. I can see that there is great damage if I go that route with bleaching so I don't think I will do that, my hair is not in it's best shape although it has improved a little but it can be damaged easily. I'm not afraid of coloring my hair but bleaching it is a no no scaryyy. I knew someone who bleached her hair to go blonde and while washing her hair it started to break and fell off on the spot

sonce

There are some things that I cannot permit myself to even think about very long, talk less of do:

1. Take sides with anyone against my mom.
2. Murder anyone.
3. Bleach my hair.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Don't do it :nono:

Rei

don't do it! thats what led me here! I'd be mbl by now if I hadn't bleached (twice):rolleyes:
When I bleached my hair I noticed that it would "grow out" after a short time. Then I realized its not "growing out" it was BREAKING OFF and FALLING OUT! Bleach is permanent!:lachen: . It might be different if you were natural but you would need STRONG hair. if your hair is fragile, girl get a colored lf, or add some tracks, its not worth it if you consider the health of your hair over style.

sheba1

Get you some good quality human hair. Bleach the mess out of it. Sew it in :yep:

Just my 2 cents.

Lucia

No I'm not relaxed, I'm natural. I can see that there is great damage if I go that route with bleaching so I don't think I will do that, my hair is not in it's best shape although it has improved a little but it can be damaged easily. I'm not afraid of coloring my hair but bleaching it is a no no scaryyy. I knew someone who bleached her hair to go blonde and while washing her hair it started to break and fell off on the spot
Dont do it, your hair has to be healthy in top condition before you bleach or lighten and even then it could get damaged if you or they pick a shade of blond that's too light and if they overporcess it, my hairs still uneven b/c of platinum blonde highlights, I had medium-dark blond and golden highlights before without much damage, but she fried it, I don't think she knew how to do platinum blond HL, it was dry, crispy and dead straight wet or dry (I'm natural) I had to cut the front highlights down to 1 inch, dye them brown with bigen and KIM. hth

STLCoverGirl

I had bleached blonde hilites and I loved them. I used to get compliments all the time...however, they wreaked havoc on my hair. I also didn't know how to really care for my hair at the time, but I am REALLY thinking about doing it by next month. If I do I will probably only straigten once per year. I want this look soo bad!:grin:

Attachments

• kenhilites.jpg
    kenhilites.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 57

Lucia

I had bleached blonde hilites and I loved them. I used to get compliments all the time...however, they wreaked havoc on my hair. I also didn't know how to really care for my hair at the time, but I am REALLY thinking about doing it by next month. If I do I will probably only straigten once per year. I want this look soo bad!:grin:
it's a hott look, esp. she's natural, you're tempting me to get some highlights now too.

Lucia

Like Patricia said...I did it, and now I am a proud member of LHCF.

:rofl: that was funny
even Pam Anderson and Britney Spears ahve severe damage due to going blond and they wear extensions all the time. Let's not even get Started on Christina Aguilera, we haven't seen her real hair since Dirrty, she's rocking the lace fronts worse than Beyonce.

pisceschica

I would say if you bleach your hair do highlights/chunks/ pieces in the front so that it will frame your face and you will see it. But I definetely would not do the whole head. Whether your hair is in good condition or not it will be very very try and damaged if you lift it to a blonde from a darker haircolor.

PRBLKGIRL

Yes, I've bleached my hair several times, the first time it was done I did like a light, light blonde (mary j. blige, keisha cole blonde) and my hair was sheading like CRAZY and after that my hair was ok but it was very rough, that's why I stopped doing it. Plus you have to mach sure you condition it all the time and take extra care of it when dealing with bleach.

ART11

I have done this but it doesn't fare well if you have any length to it. If you are afraid of cutting your hair off (which you will most likely end up doing anyway), I wouldn't bother with it. I had mine all the way down to the scalp.

hillytmj

I had bleached blonde hair. It was pretty at first but:
*My natural shine and softness immediately went away. My hair felt rougher than my normal hair.
*I'm also relaxed so the hair started shedding like crazy until it was literally see-through. It was very traumatic for me because my hair was healthy and beautiful before I started coloring it.

The only good that came out of the experience is that I started my journey for healthy hair care and now have hair that is the longest that I've ever had as an adult.

hillytmj

Get you some good quality human hair. Bleach the mess out of it. Sew it in :yep:

Just my 2 cents.

ITA...get a sew in or a nice wig. It's healthier, less expensive (than those repetitive touch-ups) and when you get sick of it, your own hair will be protected.