Anyone else having scalp issues?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

My scalp has been extremely dry. I think it may be because of the weather, but I don't remember this happening last year. I've done 2 ACV rinses, but to they only temporarily soothed my scalp. I drink water daily, too. I tried going back to my tea tree oil conditionings and so far, it has helped, but my scalp is still itchy. My hubby pulled a section of my hair apart and was like YIKES!!! It's that bad. I thought that maybe putting some WGO on my scalp would help, but this made it itch even more.

gymfreak336

Have you tried head and shoulders dry and itchy scalp conditioner? It is really soothing and doesn't dry your hair out. Use it to "oil" your scalp when you wash and then put your regular conditioner on your hair like you normally do. When you rinse, the itchies will be gone.

P

patient1

I don't have scalp issues but I have one hair client that does and I saw flakes on my oldest daughter's scalp. I think it comes with long thick hair.

Anyway, on my daughter I "scrubbed" her dry areas with baking soda and then rinsed. I spritzed her and followed with a natural oil blend and that seemed to help.

On my client, on dry hair/scalp I oiled her scalp with Himani Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil and then layered on a deep treatment mix that I warmed beforehand. I put on cap and sat her under the dryer for a bit. I rinsed and then washed and detangled and it was all good. Not to dap myself up but her scalp looked BETTER than the first time she came to me.

The key ingredients on the Indian oil are sesame oil, menthol, amla, camphor, thyme, rosemary oil. Everyone who I use it on say they can feel it on their scalp and it helps with dryness and flakes. Be careful of what types of oils you use on your scalps. I've come to the conclusion that some oils help lube and clear the follicles and others plug em up which leads to over production of oil and what not and thus, itchies and flakes. I love wgo, but maybe it's too heavy. Try mixing in stimulating essential oils into a light carrier (grapeseed, peanut, safflower), pop on a baggy for a bit and see if that doesn't help speed up the soothing/healing process.

p1

Victorian

old head
I would try a very light oil, as patient1 mentioned. Maybe jojoba or grapeseed. Also I bet Ecco Bella Intensive Therapy oil blend would work well--it is light but also includes essential oils that might help.
If nothing applied topically seems to have lasting results you might consider an efa supplement like flaxseed oil to help you get through the winter. I know taking oils internally helps a lot of people with dry skin/scalp problems.

theksmom

Jane Carter has a product called Scalp Serum and it has worked wonders on mine and my DD scalp. You can get it at the local Whole Foods store. It is light oil that won't weigh your har down and has a lovely citrus sent.

HoneyDew

theksmom said:
Jane Carter has a product called Scalp Serum and it has worked wonders on mine and my DD scalp. You can get it at the local Whole Foods store. It is light oil that won't weigh your har down and has a lovely citrus sent.

I saw this at Beauty First this past weekend. I thnk it was this one, unless she has other oils. I like the little applicator bottle it was in.