Any ladies that have iron deficient anemia...

Neala21

That has long hair perhaps even fine hair as well?

What's your regiment? Did you notice the health of your hair improve after taking iron supplements/vitamins.

The reason I am asking is b/c I had a child almost 9 months ago, I am have an iron deficiancy and had to take iron pills but stopped taking them after 3 months I had my child and my hair is 4a/b fine. I know it can take up to a year :yep: for a persons hair to get back to normal due to hormones. So, I am wondering how did you restore your hair back to normal or improve health to grow it long. Did you continue taking your vitamins and iron pills?:help:

A lil info..
My new hair challenge/reminent from May to July 2008 is to take iron pills, multi-vitamins, drink water only, dc 3x a week (using protein & moisturizer), moisturize daily, only co-wash. Is there anything I should change? How long did take you see results if you are iron deficient and took iron pills to improve your health?

:feedback:

PS. I am Neala's twin sister just using her loggin SO the signature pic is not of my hair but of NEALA's

Jadore_tay

i have very low iron. i discovered it 4 years ago at a normal doctor visit and i have been taking iron pills form that day on and i do not miss a beat with them, i take it everyday along with b-complex and women one a day multi-vitamin. i have noticed that my hair is improiving but i have no clue if it is the vitamins :look: or changes ive made to my regimen

ynggftd&mxd

i am iron deficient and have long hair as well.
i just started taking iron supplements a week ago, and i think that it is too short a time to tell if that has contributed to any growth.
i'll let you know!

topsyturvy86

Hi there, I get anaemic sometimes - usually during 'woman's time' and have to take iron pills, but thats because I am slightly underweight, never had a baby so it might be a slightly different case but I haven't noticed it affect my hair or hair growth at all.

I'd say, stay off the iron pills if you don't feel you need it, and let your body sort it out by eating lots of iron rich foods - red meat and the lot, take vitamins, excersise as frequently as you can manage (really good for hair growth in my experience). Your regime seems fine, although I think some other ladies on here would be better at that than myself. I would also add a shampoo at least once a week though, and a scalp massage:yep:.

NuMe2004

I was diagnosed with Anemia last fall and was prescribed iron pills that I don't take because they make me nauseous :sick:. I think I'll start taking a Women's 1 a day vitamin because the other nutrients will hopefully offset the iron so that I don't feel queasy.

I didn't think iron had an effect on hair, so I'll have to check and see if/how my hair improves once I get on a more strict iron regimen.

Nanyanika

I am also iron and vitamin deficent. i didn't realise at the time but i was always giddy and weak, and my hair was thinning out. Since taking GPs tablets I notice that i have less shedding.

jasmin

Oh man...I think I need to start taking my pills. I was a little low on iron my last visit. I'm suppose to take it twice but I sometimes only take it once. My hair has thin and I think that's why.

The Sweetest B

An Iron Deficiency is the underlying cause for many things you don't even think about. That is what my doctor told me. I am very anemic and is working dilligently to bring my iron levels up. My level is a mere 7, 12 is normal range.

Tired
Dizzyness
Pale skin
Not enough oxygen flowing through your body. My doctor discussed oxygen therapy or blood tranfusion with me
Eating ice like a crack addit or craving other none food items.
Hair Loss, thinning hair
The list goes on.
Most Iron pills make me constipated so I look for liquids and I also take a complete B vitamin.

I am currently taking Geritol. I have also taken SSS tonic which works pretty good too, the taste takes a little getting use to. Walmart use to carry it but you can mainly find it at Caribbean or West Indian grocers or order online. I have also taken Floradix.
I have tried to include more Iron rich foods. I eat a lot of liver, iron fortified cereals, cream of wheat, ect. i also drink a glass of orange juice daily because vitamin c is suppose to help with iron absorbtion.

Neala21

An Iron Deficiency is the underlying cause for many things you don't even think about. That is what my doctor told me. I am very anemic and is working dilligently to bring my iron levels up. My level is a mere 7, 12 is normal range.

Tired
Dizzyness
Pale skin
Not enough oxygen flowing through your body. My doctor discussed oxygen therapy or blood tranfusion with me
Eating ice like a crack addit or craving other none food items.
Hair Loss, thinning hair
The list goes on.
Most Iron pills make me constipated so I look for liquids and I also take a complete B vitamin.

I am currently taking Geritol. I have also taken SSS tonic which works pretty good too, the taste takes a little getting use to. Walmart use to carry it but you can mainly find it at Caribbean or West Indian grocers or order online. I have also taken Floradix.
I have tried to include more Iron rich foods. I eat a lot of liver, iron fortified cereals, cream of wheat, ect. i also drink a glass of orange juice daily because vitamin c is suppose to help with iron absorbtion.

I think my mother could be anemic she eats Ice chips like that...everyday sometimes.

gradygirl

I do; It caused my hair to be more dry and brittle. My nails also were brittle. I take a prescribed iron supplement daily and it does help. Iron pills can cause nausea and constipation. Take your iron with orange juice and drink plenty of water through out the day.

vlucious

That has long hair perhaps even fine hair as well?

What's your regiment? Did you notice the health of your hair improve after taking iron supplements/vitamins.

The reason I am asking is b/c I had a child almost 9 months ago, I am have an iron deficiancy and had to take iron pills but stopped taking them after 3 months I had my child and my hair is 4a/b fine. I know it can take up to a year :yep: for a persons hair to get back to normal due to hormones. So, I am wondering how did you restore your hair back to normal or improve health to grow it long. Did you continue taking your vitamins and iron pills?:help:

A lil info..
My new hair challenge/reminent from May to July 2008 is to take iron pills, multi-vitamins, drink water only, dc 3x a week (using protein & moisturizer), moisturize daily, only co-wash. Is there anything I should change? How long did take you see results if you are iron deficient and took iron pills to improve your health?

:feedback:

PS. I am Neala's twin sister just using her loggin SO the signature pic is not of my hair but of NEALA's

ok, so i dont have long hair now, but i did have long hair (bsl) before i first relaxed. anywho i dont think the iron pills helped to give my hair great results, i think that during the time where i had very low iron and was in the hospital, my hair wasnt how it was supposed to be natually so the iron pills helped my hair get back to where it would be if my iron was normal. (hope im making sense)

after that i stopped the iron and started eating red meats and veggies.

bravenewgirl87

I do. at one point when I was very ill (a few months back) my hair started to fall out in clumps. I keep the same reggie I always did and nursed it back to health. Yes, once I started incorperating more fiber and iron I saw a change.