Any good natural salons in NYC?

CutiePie0Five

Hi ladies,

My sister and I want to get our hair blown-out and trimmed. We could go to our previous dominican salon, where we know it will come out right, but they don't specialize in natural hair. I just called an Aveda salon in Manhattan, but for a wash, trim, & blowdry it's $55. That's basically the same cost of getting a perm! So, my sister suggested that we try to find natural salons that do really good blow-outs. This is where I need your help...

Does anyone know any classy, natural salons, that do beautiful blow-outs, and don't have scissor-happy stylists? It can be anywhere in New York City, I'd prefer it to be under $40, but give me all the prices you've got!

Thanks in advance!

PhonyBaloney500

CutiePie0Five said:
Hi ladies,

My sister and I want to get our hair blown-out and trimmed. We could go to our previous dominican salon, where we know it will come out right, but they don't specialize in natural hair. I just called an Aveda salon in Manhattan, but for a wash, trim, & blowdry it's $55. That's basically the same cost of getting a perm! So, my sister suggested that we try to find natural salons that do really good blow-outs. This is where I need your help...

Does anyone know any classy, natural salons, that do beautiful blow-outs, and don't have scissor-happy stylists? It can be anywhere in New York City, I'd prefer it to be under $40, but give me all the prices you've got!

Thanks in advance!

Considering that it's Aveda that doesn't sound too bad to me...lol did you tell them you're black with natural hair?

I've gone to Michelle's on 40th street--they don't particuarly specialize in natural hair though...

CutiePie0Five

My sister went to Khamit Kinks to get her two-strand twists, but I never thought of checking them out for blow-outs. Maybe I will...thanks for your responses ladies.

If you have anymore, keep em coming!