Any bad experiences from wet bunning?

casey3035

I want to try this for the next month or so. I young lady stated that she had bad experiences with wet-bunning but did not clarify what the problem was...so have any of you had bad experiences with wet bunning and if so what were they? I know there is a thread on wet-bunning but I didn't ask because they seem to have great results from doing so but I want to know about the negative side if any exists.:perplexed

Not as a natural, but when I was texlaxed it broke off my hair. For me, chemically treated hair was too weak to be in a constantly wet state like that. It also chewed up my ends.

It doesn't work for me as a 4-something natural. It looks okay from the outside looking in because I can get the edges to smooth down. But the middle of my hair would shrink like crazy and knot up. No wet bunning for me!

Except for those with long hair that can be wrapped into a very loose, comfortable bun, I would say that buns wet or dry, are a no-no for most heads of hair. Only recently have I started wearing buns and they are always loose. Even then, I avoid buns for the sake of my nape.

Wet buns are an especially bad idea for those whose hair shrinks when dry. Breakage is very likely when hair is pulled taut while wet and then is pulled even tighter by shrinkage as it dries.

I also tried it when I has mostly relaxed hair and my hair broke from too much moisture and not enough protein.
My mostly natural hair now would love it but I don't wet bun because my hair prefers to be stretch as it dries or I get alot of ssks

Attempted to wet bun my natural type 4ish in-between my CnG rotation. It caused a setback with breakage at the bun site and many ssks.

I'm natural and I haven't had any bad experiences from wet bunning. I co-wash almost everyday and then throw my hair in a bun. I slick the edges down with a little gel. It's not all that long, probably a little longer than my siggy. I don't experience any knots or tangles either. I just think that what works for some does not work for all.

Back