Any 4b naturals have success ponytail rollersetting?

blondemane

I want a quicker and healthy way to dry my hair rather than air drying. I don't necessarily want to wear the rollerwrap all week but just a way to stretch my hair and put it into a simply bun or protective style, especially with getting my roots stretched to put into a bun easier. Anyone have success with ponytail rollersetting, 4b naturals in particular?

SimJam

I sucked at roller setting my relaxed hair ... there aint no way Im gonna try to roller set my natural hair :lachen:

hope someone chimes in

have you thought about african hair threading? it seems to work well for stretching hair/roots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4j4iUbvvQ

super stretch method

girlsloveyourcurls on YT has several other videos on how to do african threading

Last edited:

Blairx0

I've done it and seen it.done on YouTube. I personally perfect a regular set, but it did work for me

blondemane

SlimJam no I haven't but thanks for the videos!

ManeStreet I was thinking curlformers might take too long to install and or be a lot of work for a weekly stretch although I have never tried them and with my horrible rollersetting techniques either or will probably take forever. Can you use curlformers under a hooded dryer or just airdry?

Blairx0 your hair description in your siggy sounds EXACTLY like mine lol. To the T

Last edited: