Ancient Egyptian Beauty Secrets

BeetleBug

I don't know of this has been posted before, but I figured it would interesting. It is an excert from an article:

The following formula can be used to stimulate hair growth or merely to improve the texture and appearance of one's hair. Almond Oil and Castor Oil were among the vegetable oils used by the Egyptians. Castor Oil is frequently used in an attempt to encourage hair growth but it has a very viscous texture. Mixing it with the Sweet Almond Oil will improve the aroma and make the resulting oil smoother and more easily spread. However, if you wish to somewhat reproduce the stickiness and "tacky" feel of resin from the original formula, eliminate the Sweet Almond Oil and double the proportion of Castor.
Try the Fir Oil if you want to recapture the essence (or at least fragrance) of the original Egyptian formula. Use Rosemary Oil, if you prefer to place your trust in more modern research. You can also combine the two Essential Oils, however no more than an entirety of 10 drops should be used, whether of one oil or both. In addition, Rosemary Oil should not be used during pregnancy or by those suffering from high blood pressure or by those who are prone to seizure disorders. Essential Oil of Fir is generally considered a gentle oil, however, if you have very sensitive skin, you may find a high concentration irritating, in which case use fewer drops or more oil. Both oils are antiseptic and invigorating.
Scalp and Hair Stimulation Oil​
One Teaspoon Sweet Almond Oil
One Teaspoon Castor Oil
10 Drops Essential Oil of Fir Needle (Abies spp)

OR Essential Oil of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)

Mix the Sweet Almond Oil together with the Castor Oil in a small bowl and then add no more than 10 drops of Essential Oil. Mix with your fingers and then rub vigorously into your scalp, concentrating on areas where hair is thinning.

trimbride said:
Thanks I do this already, I didn't know it was Egyptian:lol:

My grandmother used to do this for me as a child and my hair was always beautiful and very long and as I grew up I switched to fancy/expensive stuff just to realize that I could saved some much time and money doing it the old fashion way

Rosemary and castor oil :yep: :yep: :yep:

Last edited:
damn my hair is a high maintenence ******, she only like keracare :(

and expensive indian oils...

i wish i could use castor

i will take the advice and dilute!!

thankyou

candy xx

Back