Amount of Henna: Does Texture + Density of Hair Determine This?

Sunshine0801

Okay ya'll, I am officially ready to test out henna. I plan to color my hair black using henna + indigo.

I checked out the online book on hennaforhair.com, which suggested that you buy 300g of henna for shoulder length hair and 500g for waist length hair. Well, my hair is in between that, so I assume I should buy 400g, right?

Well, I'm wondering if hair texture and density affects how much henna I should buy. The hair examples in that book are either straight or loosely curled. My hair type is 4B, dense, with finer strands in the front. The longest section of my hair is BSL, with a variety of lengths everywhere else. Due to the density and texture of my hair, do I need more henna than 400g?

Also, since I am going to use both henna + indigo, I need 400g of each, right (as opposed to 200g of henna + 200g of indigo)?

TIA ladies...

HERicane10

YES, Sunshine! The density of your hair will determine the amount. My hair is APL and I use roughly 50gm in my henna gloss & 50-75 in my full henna treatments ( which I've abandoned in favor of the gloss). My hair is fine with med. density. I'm just about to rinse my gloss for this week out now! :grin: Also, it depends on how "juicy" you make your mix!:look:

Sunshine0801

HERicane, how did you determine how much henna to use? Was there a guide or something you looked at?

Also, what do you mean by how "juicy" you make your mixture? Do you mean that the more water you add, the less henna you need?

Thanks for your reply! :grin: