All the ladies who live in new jersey please respond

Inches411

my aunt wants to finally try a dominican salon. She lives in new jersey. She lives near pemberton and Mt. holly. Does anyone know any good dominican salons out there or in a town close by. Thanks in advance.

Also can you please tell me the address and phone number if you have them. Thanks

Last edited:

natwell11

Tell her to try Le Petite in trenton. It is at the Indendence Plaza on South Broad Street. It is about 25 minutes from Mt.Holly.

vslady

Check JenniferMD's website --www.roundbrushhair.com. There is a DS salon directory. I live close to NYC so can't really help.

Inches411

Check JenniferMD's website --www.roundbrushhair.com. There is a DS salon directory. I live close to NYC so can't really help.

ok thanks. OH yea mt. laurel is close to her too.. so if anyone knows hit me up.

Last edited:

natwell11

By the way, although it is not a dominican salon Visions Salon in Mt.Laurel is very good. They have a policy of getting you out of the salon in 2 hours or less.

Visions Hair Salon
127 Ark Road
Mount Laurel 08054

Katt73

There's a Dominican lady who does hair out of her home in Edgewater Park (near Willingboro). My cousin goes to her for rollersets. I can get her information if you need it.

Inches411

There's a Dominican lady who does hair out of her home in Edgewater Park (near Willingboro). My cousin goes to her for rollersets. I can get her information if you need it.

thanks by any chance thats near mt holly, permberton mt laurel or morristown?

cocoaluv

Has she tried Foxy Lady in Pennsauken? They are walk ins only. I'll get the addy for you.
I used to go to them when I went to college in south jersey. I liked them...they are twice as much as I pay in north jersey but its still pretty cheap/good.

Cxshortie

sorry im confused.. your talking about foxy lady right?

No Katt said that the woman that does hair out of her home is in Edgewater Park near Willingboro and I was saying that thats in that area.

Foxy Lady - the yellow pages says its on 5507 Westfield Avenue In pennsauken (like 10 miles away from Mount laurel). My girlfriend that went this over the weekend said that her hair was 30, my co worker went there two weeks ago said hers was 25. Each said do not go on a saturday, but try during the week. My friend that did go there on a saturday she said the woman sitting next to her under the dryer said she got there at 10 of 7 in the morning and was number 7 on the list....the place doesnt open under 8. Both of them really like their hair and plans to go back.

Mook's hair

I know lots of people who go to Foxy Lady in Pennsauken. (That's where I live) I've never seen bad results from them but They don't take appointments so you really do end up being in there all day, especially on the weekend or near a holiday.

As far as Visions, I also know lots of people who go there but I had a very bad experience there PM me if you want to know more.

The female co-owner is very good and will listen and take great care with your hair. I suggest asking for her if you go there. I don't remember her name.

• Here are some of the problems I have with Visions
On weekends, they are overbooked and they rush to get you in & out because that is their policy.

• It always smells like burnt hair in there (more than many other salons)
Me & my friend have developed this theory. They mostly use CHI Flat Irons. And since they are electric, they are plugged in & turned on all day. and aren't being cleaned or wiped off very frequently so the styling products are burning off of them all day long and by the end of the day the whole place smells like a cloud of singed hair.

• Because of the reason above, if you get your hair flat ironed there, it will smell like old burnt flat iron when you leave. :wallbash: (I washed my hair as soon as I got home)

• Their prices are high.

I went to Visions 3 times and will never go again

Inches411

I know lots of people who go to Foxy Lady in Pennsauken. (That's where I live) I've never seen bad results from them but They don't take appointments so you really do end up being in there all day, especially on the weekend or near a holiday.

As far as Visions, I also know lots of people who go there but I had a very bad experience there PM me if you want to know more.

The female co-owner is very good and will listen and take great care with your hair. I suggest asking for her if you go there. I don't remember her name.

On weekends, they are overbooked and they rush to get you in & out because that is their policy.

• It always smells like burnt hair in there (more than many other salons)
Me & my friend have developed this theory. They mostly use CHI Flat Irons. And since they are electric, they are plugged in & turned on all day. and aren't being cleaned or wiped off very frequently so the styling products are burning off of them all day long and by the end of the day the whole place smells like a cloud of singed hair.

• Because of the reason above, if you get your hair flat ironed there, it will smell like old burnt flat iron when you leave. :wallbash: (I washed my hair as soon as I got home)

• Their prices are high.

oh ok. great so no visions for her then.

OhmyKimB

I live in NJ...but considering I've never heard of those two places...I'm just gonna assume it's not in North Jersey

tasty0619

It always smells like burnt hair in there (more than many other salons)

Because of the reason above, if you get your hair flat ironed there, it will smell like old burnt flat iron when you leave. :wallbash: (I washed my hair as soon as I got home)

• Their prices are high.

i agree with the bolded and underlined...i used to work at visions, as an assistant, and they REALLY rushed us i mean they wanted us to wash and condish hair in 5 min....and i don't remember any stylists cleaning their flat irons either, AND most don't use good heat protectants, if they do use it, they use biosilk, which has alcohol:nono:

i have heard great things about foxxy lady, and plan to go someday, its not THAT close to mt laurel though, its like a 15-20 min drive

if she wants a roller set and wrap, or roller set and flat iron, i know somebody she can def go to in willingboro, who uses great products(imo)
if you want details, let me know

longhairlover

Hey ladies,

the best dominican salons are really in nyc, i know it would probably be a big trip for her but they really have the best and cheapest places, I live in jersey but i'm from nyc, i searched to find dominican salons when i first moved out here and really found nothing, the dom. salons seemed as if they didn't know what the heck they were doing and charged too much.

nyc dom salons normally have days when they do wash and sets for really cheap $10 and the hair length does not matter.

jmo

tati

Whisper

I've gone to both Le Petite's and more recently Foxy lady's. La Petites was cool, and the lady that did my hair was gentle. At Foxy lady's I went on a mid Friday a couple of weeks ago and I was in and out pretty fast. She didn't roll me though :nono: Neither did another spot in Perth Amboy that I visited in September. They got straight to blowing.:ohwell: I'm texturized. They charged me 45.00 at Foxy lady. Angie was a little too rough for my taste. I'm used to Newark, NJ spots, they are cheaper and better to me. They charge too much out here.