All of the sudden my hair has been getting tangled

InsertCleverNameHere

Tangled and mangled! Like it will get so tangled and I will lose tons of hair combing it out. It's horrible. How can I keep my hair from getting tangled? Especially when I wear it out...

kitchen_tician

What products do you use? Are you referring to right after you wash? Are you using a good comb? Are you manipulating alot when you wash? Do you detangle before you wash? What style are you wearing when you wear it out?

I'm sorry for all of the questions. We just need a lil' more info. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

InsertCleverNameHere

It gets tangled somehow during the week. I wear my hair in a bun during the week and in the back of my head right above my bun my hair gets very very tangly. I don't really use any products. I conditioner wash once a week and put in a vaseline bun. At the beginning of the week my hair is tangle free and the comb glides through it...by the end of the week that one section of my hair is so tangled.

kitchen_tician

Maybe you should lightly comb it out daily to avoid tangles at the end of the week. Or at least comb it out every other day.

jewel

Maybe it is the vaseline. Vaseline is kind of thick try a light weight conditioning moisturizer ( coconut oil, etc). I also suggest combing it every other day.

KAddy

I would like to second the notion that it is the vaseline. I think with the thinkness it will cause your hair to tangle. One of my friends swears by vaseline, but after a few days she does have to wash her hair because it is so think. But her entire family uses vaseline (even on their scalp) and they have long think healthy hair. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif She also only relaxes twice a year, but she probably has 3a hair. I wouldn't recommend this vaseline on the scalp thing, nor did i try it. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

GodMadeMePretty

ReaLuv, I do my hair the same way. It's tangle free going into my ponytail and then OMG! And nothing has happened except it has dried. I have started spritzing with conditioner and water on a daily or every other day basis and going through it with my pick and Denman. Works like a charm. And it smells good too. Like I just washed it. I use regular rinse-out Suave conditioner diluted with water and put that in a spray bottle. I used Nexxus Humectress prior to that, but I ran out.

adrienne0914

i've been using Vaseline on my bun for years. i don't have this problem, but i only use it on my ends. i use ALOT too, but just on my ends. i use monoi oil and a creamy leave-in on the rest of my hair. then i apply my curl activator/gel mix. the Vaseline is the last step.

i agree that it will help to detangle as soon as you notice that it's starting to get tangled.