After Aphogee Conditioning

TonicaG

TonicaG
My hair is really hard after doing an Aphogee protein treatment. What can I use to restore my hair back to its softeness?

PinkAngel

Aphogee is a very strong protein treatment, (protein makes hair hard & strong) always, always use a good moisturizing conditioner after any protein treatment. Aphogee makes a balancing moisturizing conditioner to be used after this treatment, personally I don't care for it. I use KeraCare, Kenra or NTM conditioners afterwards. HTH

hot_pepper96

For me I have the same problem. The point of Aphogee is to make your hair alot stronger. What I do is shampoo after rinsing out Aphogee w/a moisturizing, detangling shampoo (I've actually started doing this with all my protein treatments--whether creamy or liquid). Then I deep condition for a long time. Next I add my leave-ins (make sure none of them are protein) and I pull my hair into a wet bun and sleep with it tied down with a scard. Then I blow dry the next morning.

TonicaG

TonicaG
hot_pepper96 said:
For me I have the same problem. The point of Aphogee is to make your hair alot stronger. What I do is shampoo after rinsing out Aphogee w/a moisturizing, detangling shampoo (I've actually started doing this with all my protein treatments--whether creamy or liquid). Then I deep condition for a long time. Next I add my leave-ins (make sure none of them are protein) and I pull my hair into a wet bun and sleep with it tied down with a scard. Then I blow dry the next morning.

That's a good idea to wash with a good moisturizing shampoo afterwards but I somehow figured this would interfere with the processing... Have you experienced any negative affects after doing this?

Healthb4Length

I think that ORS Replenishing Pak is good after doing an Aphogee treatment. It makes my hair moist and provides good slip. I would wash with a moisturizing shampoo after rinsing out the Aphogee and then deep treat with ORS RP.

hot_pepper96

TonicaG said:
That's a good idea to wash with a good moisturizing shampoo afterwards but I somehow figured this would interfere with the processing... Have you experienced any negative affects after doing this?

No it doesn't interfere for me at all. Your hair should still feel strong from the protein. Remember it's already penetrated the hair by heat. For instance, Emergencee's instructions are you apply it then wash it out with the shampoo of your choice. For me it helps in terms of detangling.