Bug Advanced Search: Search by Keyword - "Search Titles Only"

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
When doing an Advanced Search, I am unable to Search Titles Only for Keywords.

Can we have this option back please???? Searching by Entire Posts can be tedious.

Nonie

Poohbear whatchutalkin'bout Willis? That's never gone anywhere.

When you click on Search, the Advanced Search link shows up. You click on that you get a page where you can search posts or click the dropdown arrow and you can search titles only.

What are you trying to find? Maybe I can help?

Poohbear

Poohbear whatchutalkin'bout Willis? That's never gone anywhere.

When you click on Search, the Advanced Search link shows up. You click on that you get a page where you can search posts or click the dropdown arrow and you can search titles only.

What are you trying to find? Maybe I can help?

Nonie - Yes, it's there and shows up BUT it does NOT work. It always gives me this message "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." no matter what keyword I type in to search for by title. This used to work several months ago but it doesn't anymore for me. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. You try it and see. I just did a search for "protein" and it gave me that message. It will work if I do Search Entire Post but I don't want that because it gives too many results. I want Search Titles Only.

Nonie

@Poohbear Not sure what you're doing because it worked for me. I put the word protein as keyword and told it to search titles, without specifying which forum, and I got this:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/search.php?searchid=2150737

Then I did the same thing but this time I specified only the hair forum, and got this:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/search.php?searchid=2150785

Then I specified that I only want the threads that had at least 100 replies still only in the hair forum and again with the keyword protein in the title, and I got this:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/search.php?searchid=2150887

So yep, Search and I seldom have any problems.

Poohbear

Thanks Nonie. I would changed "Search in Forum(s)" to "Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion". And I also changed "Find Posts from" to "Your Last Visit" "and Older". I got no search results. But I did it your way and got results. I guess I need to leave those options alone now and just do what you did without specifying anything. Thanks again.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT, whatchu lookin' for? Y'all be dissing LHCF Search Engine unfairly. :whip: Betcha I can find it for ya!
:lachen::lachen:

u know I do tons of searches a day.. but lately it hasn't been working again, so i simply go off the site and google it

like 2nite i was looking for faves to buy (but my advanced search button worked) fine:rolleyes: :lachen:

this week i was too lazy to look thru my own threads:look:... so i tried searching using key words and kept getting the same thing she got above

nada:grin:, but yes my search is working tonite :drunk:

Nonie

just in general Op . i was able to just type in key words and all discussions with that word would show. i have tried your method also and get nothing! ;(

amberangel4u, you're killing me. :whyme: From what you just wrote, it seems to be working perfectly. Coz you said you typed in a keyword and all discussions with that keyword show up. That's how it's supposed to work. :lachen:

What EXACTLY are you looking for? Give me an example. And if you say "protein", give me more. What about protein? For hair? For body? For nails? What is it you're trying to find out? Was it something you read before? Was it by someone in particular?