A dangerous Vitamin that contains lead!

HKW53

In the Oprah magazine June 2004 there is an article on vitamins.

It says:
Theragran-M Advanced Formula High Potency Multivitamin/Multimineral

The problem: A daily serving contained 3.65 micrograms of lead
, which exceeded the 3 microgram limit set by ConsumerLab.com for supplements used by adults. (And that's lenient. California has set the lead level at .5 micrograms and requires a warning if the product exceeds that amount.)
The danger: In adults, high levels of lead can cause an increase in blood pressure as well as muscle and joint pain; oveerexposure can also adversely affect the nervous and reproductive systems.

- Avon's VitAdvance Women's Complete II Balanced Multivitamin had less than 75 percent of the folic acid listed on the label.

-Futurebiotics Advanced Women's Formula MultiVitamin Energy Pluls it had less than two-thirds of its claimed vitamin A. Vitamin A is necessary for maintaining good vision and skin. Although rare in the United States, a deficiency can cause night blindness.

Puritan's Pride Vitamin B-12 500mch got a good rating.

happylocks

Thanks for the info, I did not know anything about Lead, I dont buy those vitamins, but I do buy the Mexican Candy, I saw on the news that they have alot of lead then what they are suppose too, and they no one should be eating it,