671 Earthquakes

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's how many quakes occurred along the Pacific coast in the last WEEK alone (Cali/Nevada) -- according to this map: http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Recent quakes:
Eureka, Calif - Jan 9, 2010 - 6.5
Haiti - Jan 12, 2010 - 7.0
Chile - Feb 27, 2010 - 8.8
Turkey - March 8, 2010 - 6.0
Maug Islands - March 8, 2010 - 6.0

There is the world-wide activity for this month alone: >> http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html

We know what God's Word says - Matthew 24:7 (ironically it's slang for all day, every day)

Man's opinion on all this:
LONDON – Experts say there is nothing unusual about the latest spate of earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and now Turkey, but their devastating effects illustrate how increased construction up and down the world's fault lines can translate into massive casualties.
And seismologists say that although one powerful quake can conceivably make others slightly more likely elsewhere, the string of quakes is probably just coincidence.
Bob Holdsworth, an expert in tectonics at Durham University, said Monday that "I can definitely tell you that the world is not coming to an end." :rolleyes:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
God's Word also says...

Matthew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

:hijacked:

Can you come braid my hair like the picture in your signature? BEAUTIFUL! :yep:

Last edited:

JinaRicci

And seismologists say that although one powerful quake can conceivably make others slightly more likely elsewhere, the string of quakes is probably just coincidence.
Bob Holdsworth, an expert in tectonics at Durham University, said Monday that "I can definitely tell you that the world is not coming to an end." :rolleyes:

Isn't it amazing when human beings claim to be experts on the world? We can't even accurately predict the weather.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Great scripture, Pooh!

Thanks for the compliment on the braids! I'm a patient-enough braider, but you got some hair on your head! lol

God's Word also says...

Matthew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

:hijacked:

Can you come braid my hair like the picture in your signature? BEAUTIFUL! :yep:

plainj

Here are a few things that I've heard (through people) recently but haven't had a chance to research it for truth:

--The earthquake in Chile shifted the earth's? axis and now our clocks are off by milliseconds
--The earthquake in Chile has caused the water along the shoreline in Peru to recede
--There was one day a few weeks ago where it snowed in 49 of the 50 states in one day.

There are a lot of things going on in the world today and I don't believe it's all scientific coincidence. God is moving on the earth. Just my $.02. Off to do some research.

Ok. I found some links on the above info:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/03/100302-chile-earthquake-earth-axis-shortened-day/

This is all I could find on Peru and it water recession:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpoUKfbhHe4&feature=youtube_gdata

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/ap_on_re_us/us_united_states_of_snow

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Here are a few things that I've heard (through people) recently but haven't had a chance to research it for truth:

--The earthquake in Chile shifted the earth's? axis and now our clocks are off by milliseconds
--The earthquake in Chile has caused the water along the shoreline in Peru to recede
--There was one day a few weeks ago where it snowed in 49 of the 50 states in one day.

There are a lot of things going on in the world today and I don't believe it's all scientific coincidence. God is moving on the earth. Just my $.02. Off to do some research.

Ok. I found some links on the above info:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/03/100302-chile-earthquake-earth-axis-shortened-day/

This is all I could find on Peru and it water recession:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpoUKfbhHe4&feature=youtube_gdata

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/ap_on_re_us/us_united_states_of_snow

Seriously? Do you know which state didn't get any snow?

plainj

Hawaii was the only state not to get any snow. Something is definitely happening on this earth and I don't think it's all science. A lot of things are just unexplainable. It could only be God.

shinyblackhair

Fascinating...plus I just saw 2012 for the first time the other day, the next day was the Chile earthquake. The natural disasters, ever increasing sin, and the ever increasing heinous crime, it's all very sobering to me. I know that people need to get right with God, before it's too late, but love of the world and worldliness is like an addiction - a stronghold. I myself am guilty. I want to do right, but I keep slipping and going off in the wrong direction. I need to be more in the Word, Prayer and leading my kids to the Lord, but frankly I'm not. Everytime, I watch the news, I get the gnawing feeling: the Lord is near...He's coming...SOON. I hate to sound so extreme, but it's true God is coming and we as Christians need to be ready. I know I am probably "preaching" to the choir here, but I guess I'm saying these things more for myself than anyone...because I know what I should be doing and I'm blatantly not doing it, because *I* want to do what *I* want to do...:(

HeChangedMyName

Seriously? Do you know which state didn't get any snow?

It may have been Florida. That's the only state without mountains that would have gotten snow and with a climate that doesn't generally get snow due to it's location.

And did you guys hear, there was a 7.2 Earthquake in chile today. It's sad to see the loss, but it's exciting to see the Word of God coming into fruition.

makeupgirl

It may have been Florida. That's the only state without mountains that would have gotten snow and with a climate that doesn't generally get snow due to it's location.

And did you guys hear, there was a 7.2 Earthquake in chile today. It's sad to see the loss, but it's exciting to see the Word of God coming into fruition.

Wow, snow in Hawaii or Florida.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

That's how many quakes occurred along the Pacific coast in the last WEEK alone (Cali/Nevada) -- according to this map: http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Recent quakes:
Eureka, Calif - Jan 9, 2010 - 6.5
Haiti - Jan 12, 2010 - 7.0
Chile - Feb 27, 2010 - 8.8
Turkey - March 8, 2010 - 6.0
Maug Islands - March 8, 2010 - 6.0

There is the world-wide activity for this month alone: >> http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html

We know what God's Word says - Matthew 24:7 (ironically it's slang for all day, every day)

Man's opinion on all this:
LONDON – Experts say there is nothing unusual about the latest spate of earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and now Turkey, but their devastating effects illustrate how increased construction up and down the world's fault lines can translate into massive casualties.

I can't wait until the Lord proves this guy wrong and show that he is God of all creation and do whatever he wants to do.

empressaja

Nope it snowed here too!

plainj

Yup. Hawaii was the only state that did not get snow. I just thought that was so amazing when I heard it. I didn't even realize it snowed in southern states at all. Texas? Florida? Wow!

blazingthru

GOD IS trying to wake people up. but most people are still not listening even when the water turns to blood they wont' be listening, they will find another way to explain it away. I am listening. I find myself praying more now then ever in the wierdest places and at the weirdest moments but something in me just wants to pray and so I do.

HeChangedMyName

GOD IS trying to wake people up. but most people are still not listening even when the water turns to blood they wont' be listening, they will find another way to explain it away. I am listening. I find myself praying more now then ever in the wierdest places and at the weirdest moments but something in me just wants to pray and so I do.

ITA, but what helps me sleep at night is to know that those who are called and who listen will be fine. There are some who may not even be called or those who are called but "chose" not to listen. And for those, I just accept God's will for them.

I use to rack my brain worrying about it, stressing myself out, draining my spiritual reserves by expending all my prayers on people who God didn't tell me to pray for.

Now I listen and when God tells me to pray, I do, when he gives me a seed to plant in someone, I do and then I leave it alone.

We can get in people's way oftentimes by hovering over them like we can change them and their minds.

plainj

I think we've become so desensitized to God's Word that none of this news affects us anymore. We don't see how close His return is. We just move on to the next big tragedy or phenomenon.

HeChangedMyName

I think we've become so desensitized to God's Word that none of this news affects us anymore. We don't see how close His return is. We just move on to the next big tragedy or phenomenon.

Trust Him, the ones who need to know will know. Some have ears yet do not hear though. They have eyes yet do not see.

I'm patiently waiting. watching and waiting for his return. But I know that a lot of things must take place before that time. I also know that God's time and ours isn't the same so. . . be tomorrow, next week, could be right now.

The quakes wont stop. The earth is being prepared and that lake of fire will need to be exposed in order for. . .well, people to be tossed into it.

It is all adding up now that I've learned to read scripture for understanding and penetration into my spirit.

Yellowstone could be that lake of fire. If indeed it is this supervolcano. . .which would make a whooooooole lot of other prophesies about America and it's place in the Bible very true.

HeChangedMyName

hmmm, i need to read the Revelation again. It's full of clues, both the obvious literal ones, but also the subtle ones that you have to allow the Holy Spirit to show you because you'd never find those things without his help.