4B transitioner needs HELP!!!!

BklynHeart

Ok, my last touch up was in January of this year. In April I put in box braids and took them out this weekend. I tried washing my hair the afrogrowlong method, in loose braids, however, my hair started locking up and tangling. I had to finish conditioning it loose which caused more tangles but I got them out and dried my hair in 5 braids. This morning, I took out the braids, put some Elasta Mango Butter on it and swept it back into an updo. Tonight while taking the updo down some parts of my hair locked up onto each other. I'm trying to loosen it up using African Pride unbraid spray and a fine tooth comb. What other methods should I use to loosen up my hair (besides chopping it all off!).

guesswho

I had that same problem it was awful, that's why I chopped it off! I hope you find a way, I know there's some folks who did it successfully I wasn't one of them

BklynHeart

guesswho said:
I had that same problem it was awful, that's why I chopped it off! I hope you find a way, I know there's some folks who did it successfully I wasn't one of them

I'm thinking it was that dang mango butter!!

BklynHeart

Any other suggestions? Right now I just came back from CVS and where I live they don't have a section for Black hair. I bought VO5 Moisture Milk strawberries and Suave Humectant.

Alexis87

Try a detangler. I used 'Just for Me 2-in-1 Conditioning Detangler'. They sell it at Walgreens and other drug stores, in addition to the BSS. It helped me tremendously. I transitioned out of a relaxer some time ago, but I remember the transitioning period like it was yesterday. I found myself near tears on a couple of occassions and was tempted to cut all of my hair off. The detangling spray made the difference in handling the two textures. I started trimming the ends after each take down too. This made a difference because the ragged ends were not tangling any more. I am now 100% natural.

I keep several bottles of the Just for Me 2-in-1 conditioning detangler around because it works well, on wet and dry hair.

Good luck.

-Alexis

LadyPaniolo

I feel your pain! Detangling can be such a :censored:, can't it? I think you were on point with the V05 Moisture Milk condish (even though it made my hair look like a scarecrow during a heat wave :eek:) to help you detangle.

IF that doesn't work, you can try the Suave Coconut milk conditioner. There are tons of ladies who swear by it. The slip will really help, and it's cheap. I love it like crazy, and it can be found in "white" areas easily.

Some women go for the Infusium 23 leave-in conditioners for detangling. They apply in small sections and it softens naps like nobody's business. Just don't put it on wet hair like I did :nono: big mistake.

Mostly, though, just breathe deep and know that one day you will look back and smile at how you sat patiently, detangling your natural hair for however long it took. And you will have thick beautiful natural locks to cherish because of your patience! :grin: