3comb Smooth Method

Bmars86

Hello everyone, newb to LHCF here. I just purchased and recieved 3 new combs from hotcombs.com; magic star jumbo rake, magic lady star comb, and HS6450 tail comb. Today I cowshed with Aussie moist conditioner, and used the 3comb smooth method (see hotcombs website comb tips for full details). Best detangling experience with the least amount of hair lost I ever executed. Has anyone else used this method for detangling before, and what was your experience? Bear in mind, this method could be done using any brand of comb not just the ones I've listed. Thanks for your time, and I look forward to chatting with you all :wave:

ETA: I did not use the HS6450 tail comb in this method as the lady star combs counts as two combs in one, medium and fine teeth.

Last edited:

JJamiah

My HS combs give me detangling unlike any other comb brand... Smooth and detangles in a breeze..

I own the Magic Star jumbo comb, lady star comb and a few others... I forget their names and they are with me every cleansing :grin:

LadyD hotcombs website has the information about the 3 comb method... the lady star counts as the last two steps and the HS is one, but each comb is a step or two.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I read about it, but I'm too paranoid to use a small tooth comb. When I get braver I might try it. I have a 2nd step comb and I just bought a 1st step from them. Ill think about the 3rd step later because I do rollerset. Thanks for letting us know it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

gvin89

I'm liking the HS combs...I purchased the magic rake, lady star, and rat rail during BF sale. Definitely less hair being lost.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'm seamless comb poor! One of the best things that I've learned about. I loved my Jumbo Magic Rake and Lady Star so much, I turned around, and ordered the Mini Rake, 1975, and 696.

Now I need a 6450 because I want to take up roller setting.

FoxxyLocs

I've used this method. I bought my combs from the same website. It does work, but it takes extra time of course. For most styles I only need to do step one. I add steps 2 and 3 as needed, depending on how detangled my hair needs to be.

Last edited:

Onhergrind09

Like FoxxyLocs, I'm 99% of the time more about the 1 comb smooth method,, I'm all about low manipulation. But I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE HS combs :). Especially the large Magic Rake.

Bmars86

Like FoxxyLocs, I'm 99% of the time more about the 1 comb smooth method,, I'm all about low manipulation. But I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE HS combs :). Especially the large Magic Rake.

I agree low manipulation is better, but I honestly didn't lose much hair in the process and certainly a lot less hair than with any other combs I had used. HS combs are the best!

jamaica68

They have a new one the Roll-Ka comb(detangles & distributes product) I want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF

hair4today

They have a new one the Roll-Ka comb(detangles & distributes product) I want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using LHCF
I purchased the Roll-ka during their last sale and I loove this comb. Before that I used the Magic Star Jumbo and Lady Star which are really great combs. As good as they are, the Roll-ka is even better. Its wonderful at detangling, tight 4b coils, as it just rolls the tangles out of your hair without causing any breakage -- if that makes any sense. Roll-ka is my holy grail comb and I plan to get a 2nd one as back-up, in the event it ever gets discontinued or if I lose or damage my precious.

jamaica68

I purchased the Roll-ka during their last sale and I loove this comb. Before that I used the Magic Star Jumbo and Lady Star which are really great combs. As good as they are, the Roll-ka is even better. Its wonderful at detangling, tight 4b coils, as it just rolls the tangles out of your hair without causing any breakage -- if that makes any sense. Roll-ka is my holy grail comb and I plan to get a 2nd one as back-up, in the event it ever gets discontinued or if I lose or damage my precious.

hair4today, thanks for the review I'm definitely buying it!

cocomama

why did i come in here:look: i have the magic jumbo plus the lady star...i love them! i actually gave the magic jumbo comb away last week on my blog. im going to try this next...thanks:yep:

HoneyBadger

Coming out of lurkdom for this :lol: I bought the three combs to do the comb method but I was too chicken to use the third one. The first two work great though. Off to check out the Roll-Ka comb.

Oh oh the roll ka isn't seamless :-(

Last edited:

jamaica68

Coming out of lurkdom for this :lol: I bought the three combs to do the comb method but I was too chicken to use the third one. The first two work great though. Off to check out the Roll-Ka comb.

Oh oh the roll ka isn't seamless :-(

crashnburn That's odd, I thought everything they made was seamless. Oh well, won't be buying that afterall, thanks for the heads up cuz I missed that.

HoneyBadger

That's odd, I thought everything they made was seamless. Oh well, won't be buying that afterall, thanks for the heads up cuz I missed that.

I was close to buying it myself (I will cure my PJism :pray:)

Hopefully, they come out with something similar that is seamless.

Healthb4Length

I love these combs I've had mine for over 6 years now, I don't always use the 3 comb method but whenever I did I never experienced any breakage. These combs are worth the investment, my lady star is my favorite and I use it all the time. I like the magic star jumbo for my wash days, I've used these combs during my texlaxed days and now as a natural. I just had a issue with the lady star after 6 years, I broke a thine on the smaller teeth side holding that part a little rough. Yep! Good stuff!