3 years and same length?

LeNghtyDreAms

So Ive been a member of lhcf for 3 years and natural in july for 2 years. I feel like Im not getting anywhere, like I'm the same lenght as when i started. I feel like even with the mini chops I should be further along. Any suggestions on how I can speed things up, or just some encouraging stories from you long haired ladies whose journey seemed to take forever?

Havent really been keeping up with my pictures, but here are some of my progress pics.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/sexxxkitten/hair updates/My hair growth/

Password: progress

Irresistible

So Ive been a member of lhcf for 3 years and natural in july for 2 years. I feel like Im not getting anywhere, like I'm the same lenght as when i started. I feel like even with the mini chops I should be further along. Any suggestions on how I can speed things up, or just some encouraging stories from you long haired ladies whose journey seemed to take forever?

Havent really been keeping up with my pictures, but here are some of my progress pics.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/sexxxkitten/hair updates/My hair growth/

Password: progress
I'm a 15 year hair grower now! felt like I hit many slumps and had two huge set backs! so with that said, keep on keeping on! But my first suggestion is making sure your nutrition is up to par, next your regimen as long as those are alright, just wait till the slump passes and it could take a while, sometimes its good to just get your hair off your mind and not care what its doing as long as your taking care of it no need to even keep it on your mind

JustKiya

How many 'mini' chops did you do? You'd be surprised at how fast they add up.
How's your retention game? How often do you use heat? Protective styles?

It definitely looks like your hair has gotten much thicker, over time. :yep:

Irresistible

oh and you have made progress missy! I didnt click on everything but it looks to me like you grew out a whole color? :poke:

LeNghtyDreAms

@ justkiya: Ive done 6 mini chops 1.5 to 2 in each time since starting to grow out my color in july of 2005. I wear a bun everyday, cept special occasions where i flat iron my hair. I co wash 4 days a week, airdry my hair and retain I dont know because i dont measure and do the mini chops.My hair was already thick i just had thin ends which is another reason for the mini chops, but thanks for noticing!

@ Irresistable: Yes I have almost grown out my color, only 1 inch left!! And 15 years growing, wow thats dedication.

BillsBackerz67

How many 'mini' chops did you do? You'd be surprised at how fast they add up.
How's your retention game? How often do you use heat? Protective styles?

It definitely looks like your hair has gotten much thicker, over time. :yep:
they sure do add up. Mines added up to nearly 20 inches over the past 4.5 years. But I knew this was the only reason why I didnt make astounding progress.
I also see you cut out most of your color too. that takes a very long time. You have a whole new head of hair :yep:

JustKiya

they sure do add up. Mines added up to nearly 20 inches over the past 4.5 years. But I knew this was the only reason why I didnt make astounding progress.
I also see you cut out most of your color too. that takes a very long time. You have a whole new head of hair :yep:

Yeah - that alone shows that your hair has been growing - but that might be why it feels like it's at the same length, because it looks like you are just now getting back to the length that your hair was with the color in it - except now, it's all color-free hair - so your hair hasn't really had a chance to get longer, ya know?

cutenaynay

well you obviously have a whole new head of beautiful hair. I dont think you should be worried about your hair growing . You trim your hair six times over the years so that can be another reason. Your hair looks to me very moisturized and healthy. Try not trimming your hair for six months and see how that goes.Also remember to be patient that is the key. I can be impatient sometimes so I know the feeling of not getting anywhere once you stop focusing on your hair grwoing so much that is when you will see results. Trust me!!!:yep:

SouthernTease

I've only been a member for a little over 1 year...
I went from NL - GRAZING APL in that time...
I just study all the women that have reached
the hair goals I want (BSL+) and basically they all
have the same above constants in their regimens
  • NO UNNECESSARY TRIMMING (I trimmed once this year)
  • LOW TO NO DIRECT HEAT (I flat iron once every 3 months)
  • LOW MANIPULATION ( I only use Jilbere shower comb in shower to detangle)
  • MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE ( I co-wash DAILY)

If you really want it... you really have to be disciplined...
stick to whatever regimen you choose and make it like
your religion... (extreme? maybe... but...)
I think growing out hair is like anything
else... you have to make sacrifices and be passionate
if it's something you really truly want...

MizAvalon

I've only been a member for a little over 1 year...
I went from NL - GRAZING APL in that time...
I just study all the women that have reached
the hair goals I want (BSL+) and basically they all
have the same above constants in their regimens
  • NO UNNECESSARY TRIMMING (I trimmed once this year)
  • LOW TO NO DIRECT HEAT (I flat iron once every 3 months)
  • LOW MANIPULATION ( I only use Jilbere shower comb in shower to detangle)
  • MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE ( I co-wash DAILY)
If you really want it... you really have to be disciplined...
stick to whatever regimen you choose and make it like
your religion... (extreme? maybe... but...)
I think growing out hair is like anything
else... you have to make sacrifices and be passionate
if it's something you really truly want...

Agreed.:yep:

Starr1

@ justkiya: Ive done 6 mini chops 1.5 to 2 in each time since starting to grow out my color in july of 2005. I wear a bun everyday, cept special occasions where i flat iron my hair. I co wash 4 days a week, airdry my hair and retain I dont know because i dont measure and do the mini chops.My hair was already thick i just had thin ends which is another reason for the mini chops, but thanks for noticing!

@ Irresistable: Yes I have almost grown out my color, only 1 inch left!! And 15 years growing, wow thats dedication.

Well 6 mini chops x 2 inches= 12 inches

The average amount of growth per year is about 6 inches, so basically you've cut off 2 years worth of growth. That's why it seems like you haven't gained any length.

The good news is, now that you've gotten rid of all of the color, not only is your hair thicker and healthier, but you can also concentrate on retaining length since you no longer have to cut out any color damage. Keep the trims minimal, about half an inch or less every 6 months (or longer if you can manage), and you'll begin to see your efforts pay off in length as well. :yep:

Last edited: