3 MONTH BAGGY CHALLENGE

CurliDiva

I have a slight problem.....sometimes my hair is too wet when I remove the baggy the next morning - I have the drippies :eek: I wear a wig, so I'm not worry about how it looks.

Is anynbody else's hair too wet the next morning.

ak46

I would like to join too...late I know...but i still want to challenge myself. I will start baggying my ends in July and continue throughout Aug and Sept. I will be wearing half wigs during this challenge and baggying before bed and also during the day =)

scarcity21

scarcity21 said:
ladies...with braids that baggy...do u seal with oil? I have micros in now and I ask bcos i spray with surge/ aphogee green tea...followed by a moisturising tea tree braid spray by parnevu....some nights i follow with my mixture (scurl, NTM E.oils of rosemary,rose hip,emu and castor oil) instead to offset surge's drying effect?
But reading the last 3 or four posts in this thread got me thinking that maybe ive been doing it wrong all along...bcos i do not seal with oil...(althoough ive noticed increased thickness and my hair is moisturised when the braids come out)...lemme find out ive been doing it wrong all this time:(
I guess what i wanted to know is if u seal the braids with jojoba, castor or emu oil after spraying ur leave in nightly?

anyone plssssssssssssssss?:)

BlkOnyx488

How's the baggie challenge going?
When is the results date?
I have braids now I want to know when I should take them out?
later

amwcah

scarcity21 said:
anyone plssssssssssssssss?:)

Scarcity21~I just got braids yesterday and I baggy. YES! I seal with oil. First, I spray my braids with S Curl or CareFree Curl. Next, I pour a little Alma oil in my hands and distribute thru the braids. I don't feel like the moisture is being thoroughly sealed so I may use a spray bottle to apply it. Maybe I will make a mixture of Alma, Castor, and Olive oils. Last, I baggy my whole head with a plastic cap. The next morning my braids are a little damp, but the quickly dry before I leave the house. To prevent product build up on my braids, I only moisturize once per day while my braids are in. S Curl can be kind of thick. Oh, I add a little water to my S Curl bottle to thin it out.

scarcity21

amwcah said:
Scarcity21~I just got braids yesterday and I baggy. YES! I seal with oil. First, I spray my braids with S Curl or CareFree Curl. Next, I pour a little Alma oil in my hands and distribute thru the braids. I don't feel like the moisture is being thoroughly sealed so I may use a spray bottle to apply it. Maybe I will make a mixture of Alma, Castor, and Olive oils. Last, I baggy my whole head with a plastic cap. The next morning my braids are a little damp, but the quickly dry before I leave the house. To prevent product build up on my braids, I only moisturize once per day while my braids are in. S Curl can be kind of thick. Oh, I add a little water to my S Curl bottle to thin it out.

Thank you so much...I add water to my scurl too...ive been having success not sealing with oil...but then for the last set of braids b4 the one I have in right now...i just made a mixture of water, scurl, rose water, parnevu tea tree spray, NTM and castor oil all mixed in a spray bottle....when the braids came down...all i got was soft conditioned moisturized hair:) im gonna try ur method and compare:) ill let u know how it turns out....

GoldenBreeze

BlkOnyx488 said:
How's the baggie challenge going?
When is the results date?
I have braids now I want to know when I should take them out?
later

I don't know the exact date, but we started about 4/3, so I'm guessing it will be the 1st week in July. Hopefully DE will come and post when it's time. :)

imstush

GoldenBreeze said:
I don't know the exact date, but we started about 4/3, so I'm guessing it will be the 1st week in July. Hopefully DE will come and post when it's time. :)

Is DarkEmpress still around? I tried to go into her Fotki but it wasn't up.:confused:

gelati

ak46 said:
I would like to join too...late I know...but i still want to challenge myself. I will start baggying my ends in July and continue throughout Aug and Sept. I will be wearing half wigs during this challenge and baggying before bed and also during the day =)

I would like to baggy in July, Aug. and Sept. too. I just got a good trim(cut):eek: and I want to work on retaining my length!!!! I also will be wearing half wigs and clip-ins(thanks LiLi:kiss:) for the summer. I tried it out last week and it worked out great!!!! My hair was very soft and moist!!!!:p

pinkdot's blog

amwcah said:

How long are your braids?

HollyGolightly1982

I'm still baggying. I am wearing it right now. I'm going to start baggying seven night a week from today until August 31. I'm really hoping to get two inches in time for my wedding.

CherrySBR

I started bagging a little less because my hair was wet all the time. I am now doing it 5 days a week taking off the weekend since that is when I am out and about most. I usually have about a half inch growth a month. I measure on the 24th of each month. I am close to an inch. So I am already seeing a bit of extra growth. My hair is very conditioned. It feels softer when dry. I started wearing two strand twists when I am bagging so when I remove the bag it will dry nicely.I am also trying not to use any heat on my hair for 3 months. The joys of taking care of ones hair.

darkempress

TODAY IS 3 MONTHS SINCE THE BAGGY CHALLENGE WAS STARTED. I UPDATED MY ALBUM WITH PICS OF MY HAIRCUT FOR MY TRANSITION. DOES ANYONE ELSE WHO WHO IS AT OR CLOSE TO THE 3 MONTH MARK HAVE PICS TO SHARE:)

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

I'll update my album after August 31 which is the end of session 2 of bootcamp, and I plan to continue using the baggy method.

Your transition trim is looking good DE. :)

HollyGolightly1982

Before

After

Hair Iam

If this group starts again , please add me to the list for July to Sept 2007.
I was just saying today, that I have to step up my ends. My hair is growing like weeds but my ends have been suffering ..so grow... cut.... grow...cut. Well NO MORE!. Bagging my ends 5 days per week. Started today ..just before I found this thread:D Watch me now .

Much2much41

I certainly hate I missed this challenge, but I'm going to do it on my own every night (or at least five nights) for the rest of the year to try to make it to bra strap. I have a bag on my head right this minute :D