2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New International Version)

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I know we all have difficulties in our lives but do you have any "thorns" in your life ?

I have many many thorns in the flesh as he said "my grace is sufficient for you". I have a lot of things in my life that make me wonder why Lord? Thanks for posting. I know one thing for sure God would not put more on me than what I can bear.

I really do "I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

i have been dealing with a major one for a long time. Im getting help to help cope better. sometimes it feels as if im alone when it comes to what im facing im glad im not the only one thanks ladies for responding

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New International Version)

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I know we all have difficulties in our lives but do you have any "thorns" in your life ?

Tree stumps shaved in the shape of one!

Yes, I have thorns. One is terrible anxiety that was inherited to me through my mother. I had no choice, I have it full blown. I have to deal with it every day of my life. :ohwell:

There are continously thorns that the Enemy has put in my path, but I don't claim then, nor speak them into my Life. I let God handle the Super and I do what I can in the Natural... I also pray on those things and keep going....for to me, being truly happy in Christ means casting all my cares on God and letting him fight my battles.

'But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live" Numbers 33:55

I wrestle not against flesh and bones but spiritual wickedness.. Eph 6:12

Attacks alway will come, IMHO...if they don't, then I'm no threat to the Devil. I believe Satan's attacks are most severe when he sees us about to get a blessing, draw closer to God or try to livefor God. For some of us, we're under attack not for what we ARE but who we are about TO BE.

There are continously thorns that the Enemy has put in my path, but I don't claim then, nor speak them into my Life. I let God handle the Super and I do what I can in the Natural... I also pray on those things and keep going....for to me, being truly happy in Christ means casting all my cares on God and letting him fight my battles.

'But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live" Numbers 33:55

I wrestle not against flesh and bones but spiritual wickedness.. Eph 6:12

Attacks alway will come, IMHO...if they don't, then I'm no threat to the Devil. I believe Satan's attacks are most severe when he sees us about to get a blessing, draw closer to God or try to livefor God. For some of us, we're under attack not for what we ARE but who we are about TO BE.

Thank you for sharing this again.

What's a thorn, really? (Serious question).

I've heard that the thorn Paul had was poor eyesight. (I've heard... don't ask me to prove that's actually what it was!:grin:)

I was born with a cataract in my right eye and it's considered a "lazy" eye. It's been measured as 20/200 although I believe because my church I've attended half my life has an anointing for healing, my sight in this eye has improved.

Now is that my thorn?

Now due to some issues and pressures from childhood, I have major anxiety that manifests through nail-biting. Again, this has improved over the years but I have ups and downs.... Like when I have a major part in my dissertation to do, I bite my nails down to the nub.

Is that a thorn?

Paul said his thorn was there to keep him from being coinceited. Low self-esteem kept me from being conceited... kept me from being fully functional. I thank the Lord for recovering my self-esteem.

So what's my thorn? Is it mental? Physical? Emotional?

Maybe what we think is a thorn really isn't a thorn but an EXCUSE?:blush: Hmmm...

Maybe here's how I can know what a thorn is, based on what Paul said: just like Paul asked the Lord to take away his, what thing do I REALLY want the Lord to take from me?

Back