Does anyone put absolutely nothing on their scalp?

G

No, not usually.

I find that the stuff I put on my hair usually filters down to the scalp anyway. Adding extra would be a bit much

daviine

I put nothing on my scalp because everything seems to make my scalp itch. I have seborrheic dermatitis and I don't even apply the prescribed medication because its liquidy and smells like rubbing alcohol.

I always say I'm going to apply some essential oils but I'm too lazy.....

Mzbrickhouse

Same goes for me!!!! I put nothing at all on my scalp. I have been doing this since late May. I have no 'itchies' and my scalp is cleaner. My hair seems to have grown quite a bit longer but that could be attributed to air drying and doing Conditioner washes and braid-outs.

prettygrl

I don't put anything on my scalp. My hair does much better without it.

Karonica

So far so good. I washed my hair Friday, crocheted it Saturday, hated the crochets so I took them out yesterday and did a conditioner wash. No oil or grease on my scalp for the past 3 days. My scalp feels as if it is aired out. I'm going to continue this method throughout the week to see what differences I notice, or if I don't notice any major differences. Then I will continue on with it next week. But it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Jenai

Nothing goes on my scalp. When I stopped "greezin'" my scalp, I discovered that my scalp was naturally oily on its own. The flakes and dandruff I had was from a dirty, clogged scalp. Now, if my scalp itches it is because it needs to be cleaned. No more flakes at all since I have been conditioner washing every few days.

Karonica

A question.

How can you all tell the difference between dry scalp, and scalp that just needs washing?

The reason I ask is because I have been a lifelong dandruff sufferer and always assumed that dandruff came from having a dry scalp. So now, I learn that it comes from having an oily scalp! So, what is dry scalp then?

JFemme

During the summer I don't oil as often and can go weeks without it. I sweat profusely during my morning workouts. Which does not help my already oily scalp. Usually I clean my scalp before showering . My hair is always braided or twisted so scalp health is my number one priority ( lol )

I use a scalp cleaner / no rinse product / scalp toner / herbal rinse and my scalp is loving it just fine..

Once the fall hits I will increase my use of oil for sure..

whitelily626

I have a suggestion for anyone who has dry itchy scalp. I recently tried Keracare Dry Itchy Scalp Conditioner. I gives a cooling, soothing sensation to the scalp. It really felt wonderful. In my opinion, it soothes the scalp and is just as moisturizing as the Humecto Conditioner.

Jenai

I don't know about anyone else, but my scalp was FLAKY - not just little dandruff, but big old flakes. I would scratch my scalp and always have something under my nails. This was also when I was washing my hair every 1-2 weeks and putting heavy pomades on my scalp everyday, so I had alot of product buildup on my scalp. A dry scalp will feel just like any dry skin (tight, ichy, dry).

Karonica

I gave in and oiled my scalp yesterday with Profectiv Phase Oil. It's very light, and I did it for old times sake.
But no more scalp oiling for me this week.