Clip In Extensions

trinidarkie1

Hey ladies,
I saw an ad for Clip in hair Extensions, and I just saw a member's avvie and she said she had them.

Does anyone here in the US use Clip ins and can tell me where to find them?

In the ad, they said Nordstroms. I kinda find that hard to believe and it's too far out from where I live to just go there and test the theory.

TIA!

HoneyDew

I have 2 sets. I use them to give my volume for putting my hair up. I don't use them as much as I used to, but they are great to have around.

I bought my Yaki textured sets from an ebay seller.http://stores.ebay.com/Hair-Art

I made my own set at first and that was good, but these professional ones were way better and match my texture nicely.

The only thing is that the 1b is more of a brown. The 1 is better for dark hair.

They sold me a full set, although they don't list yaki under that section.

They also sell 2 inch wide sample pieces that you can try.

Mizani_Mrs

I always wanted to try them as well...but i'd hate to order online because i'd be disappointed if the color/texture doesn't match my hair. I probably will make my own with the leftover weft of hair that i have. I know that they sell the clips at any BSS, its just a matter of sewing the clip onto the weft of hair. I'll try it one day.....

MissFallon

Ebay has them for reasonable prices. I also know that instanthair.com has them but they are more expensive. I have two sets one from ebay (straight) and another from http://www.hairconspiracy.com/generic60.html <--I got the curly extensions. They are great because they resemble my natural hair and allow me to stretch my relaxer forever while having that "natural" hair look without the fuss.

ETA: They also have a lot of great advice and info on the hair extensions on this website also.

MissFallon

seeminglysweet said:
I want to try these. Has anyone experienced any damage from them?

I have not experienced damage from them but I only wear them for three days and take them out every night b4 bed. I am going to start wearing them everyday for the next month and see if i get damage, but i doubt it as long as you are careful when u remove them and apply them.

msprettyeyes

I just discovered these extensions. I went on hair conspiracy and when I saw the price I almost gagged!!! So being the creative person that I am :) I made my own. I bought the clips off of ebay but after I bought them i realized that my beauty supply store sold them 2 for a $1. So anyway I sat and looked at that hair conspiracy site and I studied how the hair was sewn on. I went to the bss and bought the hair.

Well needless to say everybody thought it was my hair. It is so versatile and not damaging compared to glue in and sew in. I would tell anybody to try this (unless you have super short hair...then the hair wouldn't blend in well).

HTH

JLove74

msprettyeyes said:
I just discovered these extensions. I went on hair conspiracy and when I saw the price I almost gagged!!! So being the creative person that I am :) I made my own. I bought the clips off of ebay but after I bought them i realized that my beauty supply store sold them 2 for a $1. So anyway I sat and looked at that hair conspiracy site and I studied how the hair was sewn on. I went to the bss and bought the hair.

Well needless to say everybody thought it was my hair. It is so versatile and not damaging compared to glue in and sew in. I would tell anybody to try this (unless you have super short hair...then the hair wouldn't blend in well).

HTH

do you have a picture of the end result from?

Ariana4000

You can also buy these off of the hairfactory site.
But they are still expensive like $95. I want to try them. Sewn-In weave damages my hair for some reason.

trinidarkie1

I give up on the sewn in right now. It's still too permanent for me, sometimes I want a change and I dont want to wear a wig or instant weave.

I'm going to check out my BSS for the clips this weekend and try to do them myself. I'll keep you ladies posted.

amy1234

Heyyyy, I use these! I made them myself because there's no way I'm paying $95 dollars for it!! :eek:
I purchased the clips from sally's, crazy glue and the hair (yaki #2). It was so easy to make! Just cut the hair to be the same length as the clip and attach it to the clip with crazy glue. For the back I made 2 pieces the length of my nape and added to clips along the length. It's a nice change for me. Total cost approx. $30 for all supplies. hth

BamaBelle

*Dee* said:
Heyyyy, I use these! I made them myself because there's no way I'm paying $95 dollars for it!! :eek:
I purchased the clips from sally's, crazy glue and the hair (yaki #2). It was so easy to make! Just cut the hair to be the same length as the clip and attach it to the clip with crazy glue. For the back I made 2 pieces the length of my nape and added to clips along the length. It's a nice change for me. Total cost approx. $30 for all supplies. hth

:D Where are your pictures?! *running out to view your album right now*

Lotus

Will someone post picture or provide a link. I haven't seen these and I'm interested in making some.

TIA.

MissFallon

After I get my hair done tomorrow I will put the clip ins in and show u the extensions by themselves and in my hair. If I have time I may do a "how I do it" demonstration (b4 and after type of thing showing how to put them in). Be back Saturday morning:D

Lotus

MissFallon said:
After I get my hair done tomorrow I will put the clip ins in and show u the extensions by themselves and in my hair. If I have time I may do a "how I do it" demonstration (b4 and after type of thing showing how to put them in). Be back Saturday morning:D

Thanks Dee & MissFallon! I dont know if yall say my thread... but summer's are no joke in the dirty south. I'm trying to do something to get my mom out of her wig before she passes out in her flower bed. I wish I could take dat dang on wig and burn it sometimes- :angeldevi