I'm d**n well upset!

hotlusciousl

I parted my scalp in the nape of my neck all the way up to the bottom of my earlopes and you know what I found. Broken off hair and bald spots. I'm soo upset. You can't tell from the back when I have all my hair down which isn't shoulder length. It covers just enough. What do you ladies suggest I do? Nurse it back to health and just wear my everyday roller wrap or just cut my hair off? Anybody experience something similar happening? I don't know what could have gone wrong. I put some sulfer 8 grease on it about 5 min ago. It's tingling. I just don't know what to do.

carameldiva

Castor oil or vitamin e oil (2 x a day with massage)
Rosemary oil, peppermint oil or tea tree oil for growth stimulation (dilute a few drops in the castor oil or vitamin e oil)

worked for me.

Sweetyb

What do you think caused the spots? I second the rosemary. Also, Ylang ylang is great for growth.

Nubianrose

girl i just experienced this same thing a few months ago. I say, don't cut it..nurse the area back to health via what Carameldiva said, and just leave the area alone. Right now, the least amount of manipulation is what u need. My broken section is now growing back, and once I reach my goal length of midback, I'll probably start trimming it, to regain the thickness...hth

blackbarbie

In addition to nursing it back to health, I would also suggest trying to figure out what the culprit is/was. Is it a particular way you style your hair? Is it some undue stress that you put on that area? Do you use heat on that area?

Again, I would try to figure out the source of the problem so you don't run into that again.

HTH.

BB

MizaniMami

blackbarbie said:
In addition to nursing it back to health, I would also suggest trying to figure out what the culprit is/was. Is it a particular way you style your hair? Is it some undue stress that you put on that area? Do you use heat on that area?

Again, I would try to figure out the source of the problem so you don't run into that again.

HTH.

BB

I second everything she just said! Don't cut it though, try and nurse it back to health!

FeelinIt

Same thing happened to me. On the left side, back area of my hair, I have about a circle of hair 2 inches or more in diameter about 2 inches short. My hair is about 10 inches average all over. On the right side, back area, 1-1 1/2 inch diameter circle about 2 inches short. In the middle more or less about 1/2-1 1/2 inches in diameter, about 2 inches short. And broken hairs all over the place. Can you imagine my horror.

I think what happened is my hair broke off while natural. I am no longer natural and have decided to grow my hair long while relaxing. I just didn't know what to put on my natural hair and dryness was such a factor. I also seem to be the only person on earth with the most sensative and loose scalp. So the dry natural (and texturized hair at the ends) made for much pain and frustration, which lead to laziness, too much heat, and eventually broken off hairs.

So now it's relaxed, I'm takin HF37, increased my intake of water, conditioning, moisturizing, excercising, absolutely no heat, and babying the ends. I know I'll be bra strap by year's end. Currently slightly below shoulder length.

Don't cut it, just nurse it back to health

lexi84

Same thing happened to me when I was younger. One of my bad stylists did a relaxer and didnt rinse it out all the way, so I got two bald spots behind both of my ears and broken hair from there and below. Since this was WAAAAY before I started caring for my hair, I didnt really care too much. Only thing I remember is that it grew back pretty quickly. I agree with the other ladies, dont cut it! Just nurse it back to health.

By the way, how are you sleeping at night? With a satin scarf or cotton scarf? Just curious. :)

Tee

Dont cut it off. The ladies have given great advice. Nurse it back to health. I wish you well with it.