2015 - Full STEAM Ahead

Rozlewis

Hi Ladies,

Do you want to maximize your moisture levels, retain more length, reduce breakage, better manage your new growth, have easier detangling sessions and have shiny soft hair?

If so, come and steam with me!

The New Year will be here and gone before you know it. Don’t let it go by without realizing the many benefits of steaming your hair. I am ready to steam my way through the New Year. Will you join me?

To join please thank the OP and post the answers to the following:

1. How often you will steam?
2. What method are you using to steam?
3. What products will you steam with?

The only rule is to try to check in at least once monthly and share your progress with us. Progress pictures are encouraged but not required.

The benefits of steaming include:

1. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!
2. Increased Shine
3. Increased manageability of new growth
4. Softer hair
5. Less hair breakage
6. Decrease in dandruff caused by dry scalp
7. Easier detangling

I have tried to include everyone who participated in the 2014 challenge but please forgive me if I left anyone off.

Challengers:

bajandoc86
Nix08
HairPleezeGrow
IDareT'sHair
EnExitStageLeft
cutenss
Golden75
Nichelle_jb
cherry.a
Saludable84
@alta_angel
curlyhersheygirl
JustGROWwithIt
Funmiloves
Angelicus
Shay72
Cherokee-n-Black
SugarRush
felic1
NappyNelly
blondemane
blackmaven
WarriorGurl23
Fine 4s
cynd
MizzBFly
Lissa0821
MGA2013
divachyk
xu93texas
shortt29
kinchen
nmartin20
MayaNatural
toaster
sexypebbly
kxlot79
Prettiib
fletgee
Diva_Esq
SexySin985
ellebelle88
lulu97
Beany
schely10
bluediamond0829
alanaturelle
Gryphyn
@citygurlluv
Nix08
DDTexlaxed
Rnjones
FemmeFatale
athenat
Fashionista
MileHighDiva
schely10
Holla
blackviolet
DoDo
sharifeh
naturalfinally
faithVA
melisandre
blackviolet
Jace032000
CodeRed
momi
onesoulsista
Misseyl
Beautified16
SpeechieGirl
AppleSeed
LuciaAbigail
charmtreese
KERC1974
Tchanelle
Jobwright
NICOLETHENUMBERONE
Joigirl
rileypak
lenu80
BostonMaria

Rozlewis

Hi Ladies,

I am still steaming weekly with a variety of products and oils. I try to post weekly and provide details of what I am using. I will also post a picture the next time I flat iron. I am not sure if that will be next week or early next year so stay tuned.

From steaming weekly I have noticed that my hair has a natural sheen, it retains moisture better and is easier to detangle.

What benefits have you realized from steaming on a regular basis?

Thanks,
Roz

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
1. How often you will steam? Every time I wash which for the New Year will be every 2 weeks from Jan-Mar, every 10 days from April-Sep then back to every 2 weeks from Oct-Mar, etc...

2. What method are you using to steam? The wet towel method since I don't have a steamer.

3. What products will you steam with? SM raw shea butter deep treatment masque mixed with my oil blend (avocado, apricot, grapeseed, almond oil with a few teaspoons of peppermint and rosemary eo) possibly adding coconut or olive oil in the winter.

faithVA

I'm going to join begrudgingly join because I don't like to steam :lol: But I have two steamers a Huetiful and I just bought a Q-Redew. :ohwell:

1. How often you will steam? Weekly

2. What method are you using to steam? Will use the Q-Redew. I will probably just use it to refresh my styles during the week.

3. What products will you steam with? A homemade oil blend.

Rozlewis

faithVA

Thanks for joining. You are so funny. You have 2 steamers but you don't like steaming. What don't you like?

I use the time to post and watch YouTube videos.

faithVA

faithVA

Thanks for joining. You are so funny. You have 2 steamers but you don't like steaming. What don't you like?

I use the time to post and watch YouTube videos.

I really don't get the amazing results that other ladies get. If I did the torture of sitting under the huetiful wouldn't be so bad.

I bought the Q-Redew because everyone keeps talking about how great steaming is and I want to like it :lol: I don't know if it does anything or not but at least it is only 5 minutes.

I'm going to give the Q-Redew fair shot for a few months. I'm hoping at least it helps my scalp.

blackviolet

:grin:Rozlewis- thanks for the mention

I'm steaming 2x's week, my hair is really dry, been too lazy lately.

It'll be Mission Condition's hair candy & topped with her Marshmallow deep conditioner sealed with hemp oil for Weds. night steam. Hmmmmm I need to do a coffee rinse, probably will combine everything and steam.

Saturday's steam will be Enyc deep conditioner mixed with something and topped off with Safflower oil.

I have to figure out how to use her Liquid Silk, anyone steam with it?

It's too heavy for sealing my fine strands.

Last edited:

CodeRed

1. Will be steaming as needed and/or with every relaxer (steaming in mid-step protein and after process protein treatments

2. Method: shampoo, put product on hair and sit underneath standing steamer for 10 - 20 minutes

3. Products: as needed steaming will be with soybean (vegetable) oil on scalp (primarily); relaxer steaming will be with Millcreek Keratin Conditioner. Other relaxer protein treatments will be used until they're gone: hydrolyzed quinoa protein, Neutral Protein Filler, Affirm Protecto. Might try that hydrolyzed baobab protein from ingredientstodiefor.com next year too.

felic1

Thanks for the tag. I was not steaming with my steamer for while because I was at my parents home related to illness. I am back home and will steam as often as possible. I am in cornrows and am considering a sew in for 2015. My hair needs more love in 2015!!:yep:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I will be Steaming weekly with my Q-redew

I will be shopping my stash in order for items to steam with.

I hope to increase manageability and pliability in my hair as well as decrease breakage.

Holla

Thanks for the tag!

I fell off and want to jump back on this.
I plan to steam with a hot towel and warm conditioner applied weekly under my pibbs for 10 minutes. I used to do this but stopped. My hair needs it!

I have so many conditioners to use up and it will be a little bit of everything.

faithVA....if you are every in the market to sell a heutiful, holla! :lol::look:

CarefreeinChicago

I am in here! I plan to cornrow and wig and steam every week with my steamer. I am working on the crown and my hair is all most back to normal.

faithVA

Thanks for the tag!

I fell off and want to jump back on this.
I plan to steam with a hot towel and warm conditioner applied weekly under my pibbs for 10 minutes. I used to do this but stopped. My hair needs it!

I have so many conditioners to use up and it will be a little bit of everything.

faithVA....if you are every in the market to sell a heutiful, holla! :lol::look:

I will keep that in mind. I really do need to sell it. I think I probably use it 5x a year and I have had it for at least 4 years. It needs a new cup but besides that its still fairly new.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Back for another Exciting Full-Filled Year under my Steamer.

Great Challenge! Thanks Rozlewis

Will Steam hopefully x2 per week. That's the Plan

Will use a plethora of DC'ers over either a Tea or Coffee Rinse topped with Oil

Going for mad moisture, retention, shine and all that other Good Stuff!

MGA2013

I don't post often but I am still steaming weekly. The DCs I use are from SSI, SD, HV and alikay! I don't know where I would be with out my steamer (I even persuaded 3 friends to purchase a steamer!!!)

bluediamond0829

1. How often you will steam? I will be steaming weekly.(crossing my fingers my christmas gift is the Qredew or I'll be pulling out my standup steamer)
2. What method are you using to steam? Just shampoo, then put on a good conditioner let steam for about 15 to 20 minutes then rinse the conditioner out and apply a leave in conditioner after
3. What products will you steam with? Not sure as of yet for hair products. I have so many right now that I want to get through. I love Joyce williams products and the tingling conditioner she has. I'm almost out of the conditioner so I may restock on that and keep using it.

JJamiah

I want to join Rozlewis.., I am going to steam monthly, I will use any product I have that I want to get rid of. I am using my steamer from LLC Beauty aka Salons are us... :)
I bought another one, because my kids destroyed the other.

I am trying to get my hair under control, since I am battling to keep in on my head. So far so good.. Thank goodness.

Lissa0821

Hey there I am in for 2015

1. How often you will steam? Once a month

2. What method are you using to steam? Stand steamer

3. What products will you steam with? Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm

Gr8ness83

I would like to join! I am purchasing a steamer and will be steaming once a week. I have loc extensions in now so it may take some trial and error before I get my regimen down but I fully plan on steaming doing the GHE at least 3 nights out of the week.

Attachments

• SalonSteamer.jpg
    SalonSteamer.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 31

cherry.a

Thanks for the tag!

1. How often you will steam? Every week
2. What method are you using to steam? Salons R us steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Deep conditioners & oils

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I'll join!

Shooting for 1x/month in the winter & 2-3x/month all other seasons; subject to change of course

LCL steamer; may add a Q-Redew to the mix at some point next year

Any one of the 25 or so DCs in my stash with added humectants and/or oils as needed

OAN: I'm glad pictures are optional. I'm turrible with progress pics :lol:

melisandre

1. Once a week
2. Under my LCL steamer for 30 minutes with my deep conditioner + oils
3. Mostly KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, almond oil, jojoba oil, argan oil

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

atlien11

I plan on joining this Challenge as soon as the new year hits. I am going to go ahead and buy a professional steamer and a professional hair dryer since we have plenty of room to store both.

1. How often you will steam?: Once a week

2. What method are you using to steam?: LCL steamer

3. What products will you steam with? Evaluating my stash after the new year. Ive been a good girl and used most of my products without buying more (this was terribly hard to do during black friday :sad:

Misseyl

1. How often you will steam? Once per week
2. What method are you using to steam? Under my steamer
3. What products will you steam with? Usually I apply my deep conditioner then sit under my steamer for about 18/20 minutes.

I can honestly tell you that I started steaming every week starting in April and I firmly believe my edges are growing in because of it. I know that's the truth because I wore braids for over two years and my edges were thinning out instead of coming in. I've relaxed my hair for years and my edges got thinner and thinner. Now that I'm steamer my edges are finally growing in. My edges are still thin and I can see scalp but whatever hair is present is actually growing and getting longer.

Alta Angel

I'm in!

I plan to steam once every 2-3 weeks with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. I plan to steam once per week with my braid spray/Shea Moisture Hair Milk combo.