MHM Hangout

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
So I've finally tried the sodium bentonite clay and at first I didn't see what the hype was until I rinsed it out. My hair was super soft after rinsing it out and my hair felt like I had deep conditioned it. However, my curl definition wasn't as defined when I applied the clay like my rhassoul/bentonite mix. Overall I like this clay for the conditioning properties cuz my hair did feel uber soft. I'll continue to use it but I'll probably mix it with one of my other clays. I think it'll be great for the lo po people to at least try it for the conditioning properties :yep:.

Holla4mom

I did the regimen on my hi po daughters yesterday. I spent 8 hours doing hair.
I did Dubaidee's CLCT hi po recipe and followed up with the a bentonite/milk/honey/acv mix on each of them. I did an ACV rinse and sprayed on the diluted flaxseed/marshmallow root gel. DD8 said, "Holy Jesus, my curls never looked this big before." DD10 who acts like she could care less about hair and being cute, stayed in the mirror and said, "This looks like somebody else's hair".

I'm going to get some Aloe Vera juice and gel for them. My hair hates it but theirs loves it. I won't use BS for DD10 hair next time or maybe just 1/2 tsp like I see

DD8 has an event where she will be speaking in 2 weeks and I want her to have a great little 3c wash and go. Do you think I should just go curly girl method for her (i.e. conditioner/ gel), or keep doing the clay/ gel steps. She's excited about her daily washes already.

Last edited:

faithVA

I did the regimen on my hi po daughters yesterday. I spent 8 hours doing hair.
I did Dubaidee's CLCT hi po recipe and followed up with the a bentonite/milk/honey/acv mix on each of them. DD8 said, "Holy Jesus, my curls never looked this big before." DD10 who acts like she could care less about hair and being cute, stayed in the mirror and said, "This looks like somebody else's hair".

If I would have had some Aloe vera juice I would have sprayed that on as their leave. My hair hates it but theirs loves it. I also would have mixed the flaxseed gel with Aloe vera gel for my 3c daughter because her hair does well with that. I used my diluted flaxseed/marshmallow root/burdock root/ slippery elm gel and it held up pretty well.

DD8 has an event where she will be speaking in 2 weeks and I want her to have a great little 3c wash and go. Do you think I should just go curly girl method for her (i.e. conditioner/ gel), or keep doing the clay/ gel steps. She's excited about her daily washes already.

If you are already doing clay and gel for DD8, just stick with it. I wouldn't switch anything up unless you notice an issue.

Glad your daughters are having great results.

Holla4mom

If you are already doing clay and gel for DD8, just stick with it. I wouldn't switch anything up unless you notice an issue.

Glad your daughters are having great results.

Thank you for the feedback. I just started on her yesterday, but wasn't sure if I should keep the clay step up since she's 3c, hi po and already had root to curl definition or if she "needs" conditioner instead or in addition to the clay step.

hairtimes5

Do you put them in a blender? When I pour my mix out of the blender, it is smooth- no bits.

I used a hand mixer. Didn't feel like pulling out my big blender and my magic bullet, which I keep on the counter, was too small. I'll use the blender next time.

OAN, you know that moment when your hair looks perfect and you take about 20 pics and they all come out looking a mess, yeah...just had one of those. I give up :ohwell: :ohwell::ohwell:

Last edited:

faithVA

I used a hand mixer. Didn't feel like pulling out my big blender and my magic bullet, which I keep on the counter, was too small. I'll use the blender next time.

OAN, you know that moment when your hair looks perfect and you take about 20 pics and they all come out looking a mess, yeah...just had one of those. I give up :ohwell: :ohwell::ohwell:

sigh...I know how you feel about the camera. Getting good pictures is harder than getting a good hair day :ohwell:

trebell

Good morning ladies.
I did the CLCT yesterday and did a twist out almond hair twist out butter. I still have residue from the treatment I think banana. But, oh well. I did a twist out Bc my roots continue to be frizzy.

image-3705955349.jpg

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I've been MIA lately, I'm just so down about my bipolar hair. One day its perfect and the next its so so, I'm so tired of thinking about ways to improve hydration. I'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm going to do the original method today but I most likely will omit step 4 and then back to the modified version.

I tried the approved Beautiful curls gel and its a no-go. I wanted to wash it out last night but convinced myself I can sleep with it until the morning. It'll be taking a trip back to WF.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Lisa

So I'm finally back to doing MHM. I'm almost 11 months post. I do a roller set because my relaxed ends never act right! (I can't seem to stop chopping away at them...but my head is too big to take the plunge and cut all the relaxed ends off) :lol:

Anywho...back to the story...

When I roll my hair I go into automatic mode! So I wasn't paying attention until I went to grab the last section of hair in the back and :blush:
Is this clumping???

:lol: That second little section of hair looks like it doesn't know what to do :nono: (clump or frizz) :lol:

Sorry the picture is so big but I don't know how to re-size it...can anyone help me with that?

sweetpea7

Skipped step 1 and 2 yesterday since I only had an hr to get ready. I added almond milk & honey to my aztec b. clay and it felt amazing on my scalp, my hair didn't feel as dry and my curls are getting more defined!! I followed up with KCNT and FSG. I love this method!!!! Question: I see more definition on my pen spring curls than I do my looser textured wavy hair that's by my ears. Does anybody else experience this?

Semi wet hair on the left and day 2 wng today on right

Attachments

• image-2185561355.jpg
    image-2185561355.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image-4268428099.jpg
    image-4268428099.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];21259321]I've been MIA lately, I'm just so down about my bipolar hair. One day its perfect and the next its so so, I'm so tired of thinking about ways to improve hydration. I'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm going to do the original method today but I most likely will omit step 4 and then back to the modified version.

I tried the approved Beautiful curls gel and its a no-go. I wanted to wash it out last night but convinced myself I can sleep with it until the morning. It'll be taking a trip back to WF.

:bighug: Sorry your results haven't been consistent. I'm not sure if you have been switching back and forth between the two regimens. If so I say stick to one regimen for 2 to 3 weeks, whichever one you decide to do. If you are going to stick with the modified you will need to clarify again and start over to remove the conditioner. If you are sticking with the original then you are fine to just pick up from here.

If you want to make the modified one your primary, I would recommend not trying to switch between it and the 1st regimen because you can't go back and forth without the clarifying step. But if the original regimen is what you want to stick with you should be fine.

We need to give our hair a few washes to catch up with us. If we switch to often we might not see the results we wanted. So be consistent with whatever you choose.

faithVA

So I'm finally back to doing MHM. I'm almost 11 months post. I do a roller set because my relaxed ends never act right! (I can't seem to stop chopping away at them...but my head is too big to take the plunge and cut all the relaxed ends off) :lol:

Anywho...back to the story...

When I roll my hair I go into automatic mode! So I wasn't paying attention until I went to grab the last section of hair in the back and :blush:
Is this clumping???

:lol: That second little section of hair looks like it doesn't know what to do :nono: (clump or frizz) :lol:

Sorry the picture is so big but I don't know how to re-size it...can anyone help me with that?

Yes you have great curls and already so well defined :yep:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
:bighug: Sorry your results haven't been consistent. I'm not sure if you have been switching back and forth between the two regimens. If so I say stick to one regimen for 2 to 3 weeks, whichever one you decide to do. If you are going to stick with the modified you will need to clarify again and start over to remove the conditioner. If you are sticking with the original then you are fine to just pick up from here.

If you want to make the modified one your primary, I would recommend not trying to switch between it and the 1st regimen because you can't go back and forth without the clarifying step. But if the original regimen is what you want to stick with you should be fine.

We need to give our hair a few washes to catch up with us. If we switch to often we might not see the results we wanted. So be consistent with whatever you choose.

Thank you faithVA. I had only been doing the modified version since staring it. I had been wondering at what point I should clarify again because i knew i was having build up issues and it hasn't been that long since the last one so I just did the original with BS. How often are you clarifying? I'm glad I did it and at the last minute I chose to include step 4, I don't know if it would've been better without it but my hair is looking great again, maybe the 1 hour clay treatment help. I had only been rinsing with it.

faithVA

Thank you faithVA. I had only been doing the modified version since staring it. I had been wondering at what point I should clarify again because i knew i was having build up issues and it hasn't been that long since the last one so I just did the original with BS. How often are you clarifying? I'm glad I did it and at the last minute I chose to include step 4, I don't know if it would've been better without it but my hair is looking great again, maybe the 1 hour clay treatment help. I had only been rinsing with it.

If you are only doing the modified, you shouldn't have to clarify again. What are you using that you feel is building up?

Yes you may need to leave your clay on longer than DubaiDee does. If you feel you need to clarify again, try doing it with some bentonite clay instead of the baking soda.

I haven't clarified since the first time. I'm waiting for my bentonite to come in and I will use that to clarify.

I'm glad your hair is looking better.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
If you are only doing the modified, you shouldn't have to clarify again. What are you using that you feel is building up?

Yes you may need to leave your clay on longer than DubaiDee does. If you feel you need to clarify again, try doing it with some bentonite clay instead of the baking soda.

I haven't clarified since the first time. I'm waiting for my bentonite to come in and I will use that to clarify.

I'm glad your hair is looking better.

I'm using all approved products:
Kckt
Kccc
Tresemme naturals radiant
Rhassoul clay

My hair was starting to frizz and dry out and lose definition. I was doing water rinses and gel only every day. At first it was great but started to rapidly go down hill.

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];21260589]I'm using all approved products:
Kckt
Kccc
Tresemme naturals radiant
Rhassoul clay

My hair was starting to frizz and dry out and lose definition. I was doing water rinses and gel only every day. At first it was great but started to rapidly go down hill.

I'm a little confused. The products you listed are approved for the full regimen but not the modified. Is that what you meant? How often were you doing the clay and gel? And how often were you doing the water rinse?

So from the 1st clarify with the clct, what did you do and then how often?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm a little confused. The products you listed are approved for the full regimen but not the modified. Is that what you meant? How often were you doing the clay and gel? And how often were you doing the water rinse?

So from the 1st clarify with the clct, what did you do and then how often?

I didn't realize there was a separate list. Since the clct and 1st clarify, I've been water rinsing daily and the clay every 2-3 days, mostly every 2 days. Was I doing it wrong?

faithVA

I didn't realize there was a separate list. Since the clct and 1st clarify, I've been water rinsing daily and the clay every 2-3 days, mostly every 2 days. Was I doing it wrong?

No. I was just confused. You were saying you were doing the modified regimen but you include conditioners and leave-ins. So I wasn't sure where the conditioners and leave-ins fall into the modified regimen. I'm assuming you didn't use the conditioner and leave in but just listed them.

You don't have to do the clay so often but I don't know if it hurts. Are you using DubaiDee's clay recipe?

Evolving78

Hey ladies! So last wash day, I applied the clay in my trouble spot with the some jojoba oil while I prepooed with my oil mix. I have only done it once, since I am using an anti reversion treatment. My area is filling in nicely! image-1319438807.jpg This is around when I first joined
And here is my hair today!

image-1259564030.jpg

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
No. I was just confused. You were saying you were doing the modified regimen but you include conditioners and leave-ins. So I wasn't sure where the conditioners and leave-ins fall into the modified regimen. I'm assuming you didn't use the conditioner and leave in but just listed them.

You don't have to do the clay so often but I don't know if it hurts. Are you using DubaiDee's clay recipe?

Oh. Yes, I only included conditioner today so I should not have included it.

faithVA

[USER said:
shortdub78;21260697[/USER]]Hey ladies! So last wash day, I applied the clay in my trouble spot with the some jojoba oil while I prepooed with my oil mix. I have only done it once, since I am using an anti reversion treatment. My area is filling in nicely! View attachment 301501 This is around when I first joined
And here is my hair today!

View attachment 301503

Nice. It is already look much better. :yep:

faithVA

Oh. Yes, I only included conditioner today so I should not have included it.

OK. Well based on what you said in previous posts, see how leaving it on longer works for you. If you have some bentonite, try the mix of bentonite and rhassoul. You shouldn't have to clarify again if you aren't using conditioners and leave-ins. You may want to stretch out the use of the clay though to every 3 days. Since the rhassoul is very moisturizing, you don't really need to use it too often. So water rinse 2 days if you just want to wet your hair every day and then do the clay on the 3rd day.

If you can't make the modified work for you, there is no harm in going back to the full regimen, if you find that works better for you.

BeeLush

Hi Ladies,

Finally subbed to LHCF just to see the lovely heads of hair (especially on this thread).

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube, DanaB?, Aketafitgirl? Other? Please describe..

Pinkecube
2. When did you start the regimen?

Feb 2015
3. How often do you do the method?

Completed the 7 day challenge over 10 days and I do the full regimen every 2-3 days.
4. Benefits seen so far

My TWA is not dry and retains moisture more, little or no tangling of dry wash and go.
5. Anything else you would like to share.

I did not start with the Cherry Lola Treatment but did the Caramel treatment about a week ago. I decided to stop using baking soda and now use ACV to clarify. I am not sure how long I will stick to the method...
6. Starting Photo
*rain check*
7. Current Picture if you have one.
*rain check*
8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.

Step 1: Clarify with ACV + water
Step2: Co-wash Trader Joe's TTT
Step 3: Clay Rinse with Bentonite Clay + Honey + ACV + Olive Oil
Step 4: leave in- kinky curly knot today
Step 5: gel ( Shea moisture curling souffle gel) I may purchase kinky curly curling custard but I'm trying the use up the Shea moisture
* sometimes I skip the gel and seal with a little whipped Shea butter or olive oil. I also use the SM curl enhancing smoothie.

Last edited:

faithVA

Hi Ladies,

Finally subbed to LHCF just to see the lovely heads of hair (especially on this thread).

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube, DanaB?, Aketafitgirl? Other? Please describe..

Pinkecube
2. When did you start the regimen?

Feb '14
3. How often do you do the method?

Completed the 7 day challenge over 10 days and I do the full regimen every 2-3 days.
4. Benefits seen so far

My TWA is not dry and retains moisture more, little or no tangling of dry wash and go.
5. Anything else you would like to share.

I did not start with the Cherry Lola Treatment but did the Caramel treatment about a week ago. I decided to stop using baking soda and now use ACV to clarify. I am not sure how long I will stick to the method...
6. Starting Photo
*rain check*
7. Current Picture if you have one.
*rain check*
8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.

Step 1: Clarify with ACV + water
Step2: Co-wash Trader Joe's TTT
Step 3: Clay Rinse with Bentonite Clay + Honey + ACV + Olive Oil
Step 4: leave in- kinky curly knot today
Step 5: gel ( Shea moisture curling souffle gel) I may purchase kinky curly curling custard but I'm trying the use up the Shea moisture
* sometimes I skip the gel and seal with a little whipped Shea butter or olive oil. I also use the SM curl enhancing smoothie.

Welcome BeeLush

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to add DubaiDee's method to the list.

hairtimes5

I've been MIA lately, I'm just so down about my bipolar hair. One day its perfect and the next its so so, I'm so tired of thinking about ways to improve hydration. I'm getting extremely frustrated. I'm going to do the original method today but I most likely will omit step 4 and then back to the modified version.

Did you dilute the Beautiful Curls? The first time I used it my hair came out nice but it was extremely crunchy. The next I used it I heavily diluted it and put it in a spray bottle. My curls were popping but still a little crunchy. I think you have to be really light handed with this gel, even when it's diluted. Not sure if you'd be willing to try it again but for anybody interested in trying this gel, this is what I've found to be the case with it.

discodumpling

Today makes 2 months since i've been consciously hydrating my hair :) I've learned so much from you ladies in this thread and me and my napps, kinks and curls thank y'all. :yep:

I saw a friend I haven't seen in months and while we were waiting for our children we got on the topic of hair. She thinks I "trained" my hair to be curly and her mind won't move past the concept of my hair being trained. I decided not to share MHM with her. She ain't ready yet.:nono:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
OK. Well based on what you said in previous posts, see how leaving it on longer works for you. If you have some bentonite, try the mix of bentonite and rhassoul. You shouldn't have to clarify again if you aren't using conditioners and leave-ins. You may want to stretch out the use of the clay though to every 3 days. Since the rhassoul is very moisturizing, you don't really need to use it too often. So water rinse 2 days if you just want to wet your hair every day and then do the clay on the 3rd day.

If you can't make the modified work for you, there is no harm in going back to the full regimen, if you find that works better for you.

Great, thank you! I just bought some betonite clay so I'll try mixing the two next time.

faithVA

Today makes 2 months since i've been consciously hydrating my hair :) I've learned so much from you ladies in this thread and me and my napps, kinks and curls thank y'all. :yep:

I saw a friend I haven't seen in months and while we were waiting for our children we got on the topic of hair. She thinks I "trained" my hair to be curly and her mind won't move past the concept of my hair being trained. I decided not to share MHM with her. She ain't ready yet.:nono:

That's funny. Trained curls huh :lol:. Yeah I wouldn't share with her either.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Did you dilute the Beautiful Curls? The first time I used it my hair came out nice but it was extremely crunchy. The next I used it I heavily diluted it and put it in a spray bottle. My curls were popping but still a little crunchy. I think you have to be really light handed with this gel, even when it's diluted. Not sure if you'd be willing to try it again but for anybody interested in trying this gel, this is what I've found to be the case with it.

I didn't dilute it and it actually wasn't very crunchy at all. It just didn't help define very much, I had to use a lot to get a decent wng and it didn't hold the coils when I layed down. I don't think its for my hair but thanks for the tip, I'm sure someone will be willing to give it another go.

Last edited: