Biotin and Break outs

cutiestyles

I've read in a few posts that some ladies have experienced break outs or bad skin form taking biotin. I'm considering taking it but I don't wanna ruin my skin! Biotin users would you suggest it? Or maybe even an alternative vitamin?

NoNapNique

I am still recovering from biotin breakouts (left lots of acne scars)... I've since dropped my dosage to 1500 mcg per day instead of 3000 mcg. So we'll see, but so far the only think I've noticed is I'm not getting any "new" acne.

aquarian1252004

I used to take Rexall Biotin with Silica it was about 1000mcg and my skin flourished greatly of course it has since been discontinued :mad:. I then switched to Hair, skin, and nail formulas which contained biotin in them usually no more than 1000mcg. Still no breakouts, great skin and hair. Then I decided to get really bold :rolleyes: and take PP's Super Biotin 5000mcgs the result crazy breakouts which like NoNapNique I still have scars from. I cut that out of my regiment and started taking Zinc. I still have not found a biotin replacement. I think for the new year I will use a hair, skin & nails formula with biotin like GNC's Ultra Nourish Hair or something.

blueabyss333

I have always had decent skin (God blessedly) and my face broke out something fierce with Biotin. I mean to the point where a rash-looking patch developed on my face and my dad pointed it out. So this year I started taking a B-supplement and drank lots of water with it but my face still broke out. If I take either on, I can only take them for maybe a month at a time.

Healthb4Length

Pure Biotin made my skin break out something fierce! It was not cute and I got rashes all over my body that ITCHED:mad: ! I can't used straight biotin but I can use products with high dosage of biotin (go figure!:confused: ) The product that I am currently using has high levels of biotin and I have experienced no negative side effects. I use ANDREW LESSMAN'S Hair Skin and Nails...this stuff works great for me!

blueabyss333

Alli77 said:
Pure Biotin made my skin break out something fierce! It was not cute and I got rashes all over my body that ITCHED:mad: ! I can't used straight biotin but I can use products with high dosage of biotin (go figure!:confused: ) The product that I am currently using has high levels of biotin and I have experienced no negative side effects. I use ANDREW LESSMAN'S Hair Skin and Nails...this stuff works great for me!

Alli, what is this? A vitamin or moisturizer. I'm interested in learning more. Biotin really helped my hair grow quickly but it wasn't worth the itching a breakouts.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I broke out very bad with Biotin. :( But my dosage was too high. But I can take the GNC Nourshair pills and I am ok. ;)

MsKendra

I didnt notice any breakouts with biotin until I started drinking less water. When I drink water it has to be ice cold and that's really hard for me to do during the winter but I am definately working on increasing my water intake.

For those of you that broke out while on biotin after taking it did the breakouts go away?

blueabyss333

sugaplum said:
I broke out very bad with Biotin. :( But my dosage was too high. But I can take the GNC Nourshair pills and I am ok. ;)

Does Nourishair help your hair grow or keep it strong and healthy?

blueabyss333

MsKendra said:
I didnt notice any breakouts with biotin until I started drinking less water. When I drink water it has to be ice cold and that's really hard for me to do during the winter but I am definately working on increasing my water intake.

For those of you that broke out while on biotin after taking it did the breakouts go away?

OT: You guys are soo cute!

It took a couple weeks for my skin to clear up. But my eyes, cheeks, ears were definately itchy.

Healthb4Length

blueabyss333 said:
Alli, what is this? A vitamin or moisturizer. I'm interested in learning more. Biotin really helped my hair grow quickly but it wasn't worth the itching a breakouts.

It's a vitamin sold by HSN, the products are great, they don't bother my stomach. He has very high levels of biotin in it along with folic acid, silica and MSM.

MsKendra

blueabyss333 said:
OT: You guys are soo cute!

It took a couple weeks for my skin to clear up. But my eyes, cheeks, ears were definately itchy.

aww thank you blueabyss :D

I think I'm just gonna stop taking it all together even though I did lose weight while taking the biotin and my hair shedding decreased a great deal. Its not worth it because these breakouts are getting worse and my skin itches alot! :mad:

MsKendra

mysweetevie said:
Biotin can be mean :mad: . Ive gotten better results with a lower dose once a day 1000mg and the walmart brand.

mysweetevie what brand of Biotin were you taking prior to the walmart brand? I was taking spring valley which I bought at walmart and its only 1000mcg which I took everyday and I'm still getting breakouts from hell and itchy skin.

mzlatisha

Everything is Energy
i am noticing a lot of dry patches ...not so much pimples...but like little dry patches that turn red..
anyway..i am decreasing the dosage to 1000 mcg every other day instead of everyday..i think it will work for me..my nails are so long..i wish my hair was like growing as fast as my nails..lol

cutiestyles

Thanks for you're response ladies I think I'll skip taking straight biotin, doesn't seem worth spoiling my skin. I take skin hair and nails which has a small dosage of biotin. And eveing primrose. What other vitamins would you recommend to promote hair growth? I've heard flaxseed is good but its like a laxative??!!

MeechUK

MeechUK
I obtain Biotin from Brewer's Yeast. Pure Biotin gave me headaches, but in the Brewer's Yeast it doesn't and I benefit from the Amino Acids.

MeechUK

tinkat

Biotin broke me out pretty bad. If you are going to use it, take small amounts of it or drink lots of water.