what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

Amarilles

The threads seem to have been deleted? I don't know but maybe she had the wrong kind of account? I think to sell your own product one needs a vendor account.

The concept speaks for itself, and I'll definitely be donating once we're able, but all those threads were starting to feel a little bit spammy to me :blush: ...so could it have been that? Hopefully she'll come back with the proper account (if that's the issue) once we can donate.

luckiestdestiny

Oh okay. I did think the many threads were too much. I assumed she was just excited and used each to announce each new step but it would serve her better to have just one.

Either way I don't want them all deleted. They should keep just one so that we can at least follow it and see when it launches because I know some of us naturals (MEEEE!!) would appreciate knowing alternative methods to stretch or straighten the hair and the product does seem pretty good. I am just waiting for it to launch, like hurry up so I can buy some! I want them yesterday :look:. Seriously I'm getting impatient.:grin:

luckiestdestiny

Has op been banned?

I don't think so, I just saw her post in another thread yesterday. That's why I could not understand why things went poof but maybe there were just too many threads. Maybe she can use this one to update us. Hey I brought it up not her. We're allowed to bring up products that interest us. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm getting nothing out of this...except I hope for those stretch plates when it launches through my own purchase. I saved the previous kickstarter link she gave out on kickstarter under my favorites and clicked the link that says "update me when it launches". I hope I get an email or she posts it here or somewhere clearly. And I hope she cools down on opening threads for it so she doesn't get banned. One post, one thread will do. I know I can't be the only one on the lookout.

cocosweet

The member's name is knbradley. I don't think she has been banned. It looks like we can still PM her.

SexySin985

Did the other poster who accused the creator of stealing someones idea ever come back to explain herself?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I can respect the hustle. If she's legit I wish her much favor. If she isn't, she will be outed at some point. I am hoping and believe she is legit.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I personally thought it would have been better served in the Vendor/Seller Forum.

And I agree....too many threads and a little too much hi-jacking other threads.

luckiestdestiny

Did the other poster who accused the creator of stealing someones idea ever come back to explain herself?

From what I understand that was a misread/mistype on the part of the poster. They were speaking about her product. They were not saying she stole anything. She was about to die until it cleared up and started showing patent information and on and on. The poster had to come back and say they mistyped. It was cleared up pretty quickly.

luckiestdestiny

I just checked. It looks like she has been a member for four years so I don't think she's just trying to peddle, but she does want us aware and I think she just went too hard at it. I'm aware of how kickstarter works from supporting other projects. On kickstarter if she doesn't get to her goal she will get $0, everyone will be refunded, and be unable to manufacture her product much less give us our plates (for those who want them). And as she's not a vendor (yet), because she's trying to fund her venture (the plates are rewards on kickstarter not merchandise...rewards for helping her fund her business)...I think it's a fine line which I'm okay with as long as it's not a hijacking thing.

Sidenote: So @knbradley feel free to mention the launch one time in here. Just stop with the everywhere thing or you could get banned understandably. Trust the people who want the product will find you if you are respectful in the way you post it and don't overwhelm threads with it.

faithVA

From what I understand that was a misread/mistype on the part of the poster. They were speaking about her product. They were not saying she stole anything. She was about to die until it cleared up and started showing patent information and on and on. The poster had to come back and say they mistyped. It was cleared up pretty quickly.

I don't remember it getting cleared up. So what did the poster intend to type?

I clearly remember the poster saying that she had taken someone else's idea and her marketing information was almost word for word. Then she said she was getting ready to contact them right then and let them know.

So what was the mistype? And what did she say to clear it up?

faithVA

I just checked. It looks like she has been a member for four years so I don't think she's just trying to peddle, but she does want us aware and I think she just went too hard at it. I'm aware of how kickstarter works from supporting other projects. On kickstarter if she doesn't get to her goal she will get $0, everyone will be refunded, and be unable to manufacture her product much less give us our plates (for those who want them). And as she's not a vendor (yet), because she's trying to fund her venture (the plates are rewards on kickstarter not merchandise...rewards for helping her fund her business)...I think it's a fine line which I'm okay with as long as it's not a hijacking thing.

Sidenote: So @knbradley feel free to mention the launch one time in here. Just stop with the everywhere thing or you could get banned understandably. Trust the people who want the product will find you if you are respectful in the way you post it and don't overwhelm threads with it.

I agree. I think she was just excited. Understandable when you are in the start up phase.

luckiestdestiny

I don't remember it getting cleared up. So what did the poster intend to type?

I clearly remember the poster saying that she had taken someone else's idea and her marketing information was almost word for word. Then she said she was getting ready to contact them right then and let them know.

So what was the mistype? And what did she say to clear it up?

LEt's ask @knbradley, bring her in here as I don't have access to that thread. From what I thought, the poster was talking about word for word but realized it was knbradley's product and "never mind" whoops (atleast that's what I thought but I was skimming as the thread was getting bigger). Meanwhile knbradley showed she has a patent. That means she is the original creator. If someone else is out there the first thing an inventor needs to do is patent their work so from the patent I am assuming it's hers originally. With that said I also saw in the thread a mention of two similar poducts but others stopped that by saying they were rollers and not the same thing. They smooth but they didn't straighten and thus separate products.

I know I'd be up in arms if someone stole from someone else and seriously side eye them. So unless something else was posted later in the thread, I assume the validity of that is closed.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^I think the OP knbradley was really excited and probably went a little too hard in her excitement, as she was definitely bombarding the board and other threads. I definitely was still interested in purchasing though.

As far as those accusations, faithVA is right. They were never totally cleared up since the person who mentioned it never came back to the thread to back her claims up with any info. When the OP came back with her patent application info, the issue was quickly dropped. So as far as I'm concerned, the OP is good, since the LHCFBI didn't dig anything up. :look:

CaraWalker

i mean she wants to sell a hair product to a particular demographic. that demographic happens to congregate here. i dont blame her for thinking of coming here first. she did the right thing.

my hair straightens easily so i am sure if applied correctly that particular method would work for me... my question is whether my hair would look flat iron straight like the after pics did in the videos.

either way i am in the market for a good stretching method.

luckiestdestiny

i mean she wants to sell a hair product to a particular demographic. that demographic happens to congregate here. i dont blame her for thinking of coming here first. she did the right thing.

my hair straightens easily so i am sure if applied correctly that particular method would work for me... my question is whether my hair would look flat iron straight like the after pics did in the videos.

either way i am in the market for a good stretching method.

That's what I was thinking (with the exception of my hair straightening as it isn't "easy" because it takes forever to straighten it for me but that's more the density of the hair than anything else)...and also how long does it stay straight?

But either way even if it stretches my 4a current hiplength hair like a blow out (without heat) or straighter (with a blow dryer) and then I can put it into plaits and take a loose for a more defined twist out, or put in it's stretched stay into a bun faster, etc thus keeping knots at bay etc etc then it's a winner period. I've paid more for flat irons than I would for this product. IT may take some time to get it right (like a few trials) but after the first couple times I'm sure I will be a wiz at using them...that is if they are gentle on the hair because I like to observe my hair over time when I introduce a new product.

Mahogony7

Does anyone remember how long the process is suppose to take after putting them on damp hair? They do look interesting.

SunRai Naturals

I would buy them. I think that it is a really good idea & if I can get the blowout look without heat that's awesome because I could stretch my hair straight & still retain moisture.