*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2014*~*

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
!!!!!Castor Oil Challenge 2014!!!!!​

The challenge will begin on January 6, 2014 and end on July 6, 2014.

-- You can use any type of Castor Oil you desire.
-You must apply the castor oil to your scalp 3x’s a week at the minimum.
-You may apply the castor oil to the length of your hair if you wish to seal.
- You may mix your castor oil with another oil if it is too thick for you, or if irritation occurs.
--Check in once a week and let us know how your hair is doing.

What type of Castor Oil will you be using:
Tell us a bit about your hair and what you hope to acheive:
How will you be using your Castor Oil:
A starting photo would be nice

Just thank this post if you'd like to participate.​

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I will be using JBCO.

Tell us a bit about your hair and what you'd like to achieve:
I am a NL/SL 4c Natural. I'm aiming for retention retention retention.

I will be massaging the Castor Oil into my scalp at least 3 times per week.

Attachments

• Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Front Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Back Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    Side Length Check 1-1-2014.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 40
  • my hurr.jpg
    my hurr.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

GOOD OLE' CASTOR OIL!.....IN!

I think I'll be infusing Extra Dark JBCO with Bhringraj, Brahmi and Amla and mix with with Coffee oil

ktwatkins

- I will be using Jamaican black castor oil. I plan mixing it with Olive Olive to make it less thick.

- I'm natural and just trying to get length and more thickness.

-If my hair is straight I will be just using it around my edges and towards the end of the week around wash day and overnight before wash day. If my hair is in it's natural form I will use it every other day on scalp.

CodeRed

Either JBCO or regular castor... I can't decide which yet.

Tell us a bit about your hair and what you'd like to achieve:

More moisture to my scalp. Right now I've tested rice bran and grapeseed and while they do well on my hair, they only do ok on my scalp. I still see a few flakes here and there so I need a heavier oil. I liked apricot and safflower oils, but I tried those in the warmer months so I think I might need something even heavier.

I'm going to put it in a color applicator bottle and apply it to my scalp only 3 times a week (under my deep conditioner).

Rozlewis

I would like to join.

I will be using JBCO diluted with GSO or HBCO.
I will use it daily on my nape only.
I will place the oil in a applicator bottle for easy distribution.

Thanks,
Roz

spacetygrss

I'm in.

I'll be using JBCO.
I'll be massaging it on my scalp, concentrating on the crown and using it on the ends of my hair.
I have SL/APL 4a natural hair (my hair is different lengths). I'm trying to thicken up my crown some (I'm starting to notice some genetic thinning---every woman in my family starts to thin at the crown in their 30s/40s, so I'm trying to at least slow it down, if not reverse it). My other goal is retention, of course.

I'll try to remember to check in twice a week.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I want to join. I will be using jbco mixed with something because its too thick for my hair by itself. Maybe gso because its lightweight. This is probably the only prego safe growth aid I can use and I do need something on this scalp. I'm in a long-term stretch that will probably end as soon as my 2nd trimester hits because this NG is ridiculous.

KPH

House Head
Will use Hollywood beauty castor oil on my scalp lightly while massaging 3 times per week. This stuff is great and has even thickened up my mom's short fro cut

xu93texas

I'm in. I'll be using Jamaican black castor oil. I plan to mix with sulfur powder, peppermint, rosemary, eucalyptus, and jojoba oil. I'll focus mainly on nape and edges 3-4 nights per week.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm using Tiiva Naturals oil. The ingredients are: Jamaican black castor oil, Organic olive oil, Organic coconut oil, Organic emu oil, Organic argan oil, Organic sweet almond oil, Organic jojoba oil, Organic avocado oil, Organic soy bean oil, Organic brahmi oil, essential oils of peppermint, chilli seed, coffee, ylang ylang and sulfur.

I'm going to alternate between this and Liquid Gold (eo mix). Love that stuff.

LexiDior

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: regular castor oil from Walmart
Tell us a bit about your hair and what you hope to acheive: Castor oil has always worked well for me so I just want to continue to have thick hair.
How will you be using your Castor Oil: I put it in my oils, pre-poo, and sulfur mix

Ill be back later with a pic.

trendsetta25

count me in!

1. What type of Castor Oil will you be using: Regular and sometimes JBCO
2. Tell us a bit about your hair and what you hope to achieve: I'm texlaxed and hope to finally be MBL by Dec
3. How will you be using your Castor Oil: I will be oiling my scalp with it daily and sealing my ends weekly

Last edited:

Americka

What type of Castor Oil will you be using: Regular Castor Oil
Tell us a bit about your hair and what you hope to achieve: 8 months post relaxer as of today (might relax tomorrow) Length is about APL
How will you be using your Castor Oil: I like dispensing the oil from a color applicator on my scalp and particularly my hairline. I will not use it on the length of my hair.

Sophisto

Castor oil: JBCO

I have 3c hair and plan on using it 3x's a week doing scalp massages. I currently neck length. My short term goal is shoulder length by the summer.

Bb92

What type of castor oil: JBCO

Tell us a bit about your hair and what you hope to achieve: I am 13 weeks post relaxer, and I hope that my new growth and hair will be more moisturized. I am SL now, and by July I hope to retain at least 3" of hair.

How will you be using your Castor Oil: I will mix it with lavender oil and apply it to my scalp every other day.

EnExitStageLeft

I'm going to Prepoo, Clarify, Wash, Do a Protein Treatment and DC and will start apply my oil mixture.

It consist of:

1 part Extra Dark JBCO
1 part Keravada Amla/Brahmi/Bhringraj/Fenugeek Oil Mix
1 part Keravada Coffee Oil

(I didn't have time to make an infusion so I improvised)

CharlieEcho

Don't you find oils to be too greasy? How do you prevent all that oil getting on your pillow? Are you bagging?

SweetlyCurly

I'll be joining this challenge. I notice specially in the winter that castor oil does wonders for my poor scalp. I'll also be using it to seal from time to time. Oils used: JBCO mixed with keravada's coffee oil and cocasta shikakai oil

felic1

Don't you find oils to be too greasy? How do you prevent all that oil getting on your pillow? Are you bagging?

@CharlieEcho... No one answered this question so I figured that I will go ahead. You can apply a plastic cap over your hair after you seal and then you put your silk bonnet on. If you feel that you are risking your silk or satin pillow case because of your oil content, you may apply a towel on top of the pillow before your head lies on it when your content is at its highest. How's that? Happy King Day!!:yep:

Last edited:

Babygrowth

Still oiling. I'm trying to figure out how often to do it for maximum growth! This golden oil and my scalp are best buds! On my hair it has to be diluted. I mixed my jbco ylang ylang with my jbco lavender.