LHCF Acronyms

Zeal

Hello:

I know I have already asked this question.. so please forgive me. Where is the list of all the acronyms used in this forum. I am new and don't really understand them all. i.e MTG, Crown and Glory Method, CO Wash. I have learned some of them but not all.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Elizabeth26

A list is at the top of the page as a sticky but it doesn't cover all the acronyms. I still don't know all the acronyms. I just guest some of them.

blksndrlla

I've tried to figure it out, but to no avail. What is dh? I know it is in reference to your spouse, but not knowing the specifics is frustrating me!:wallbash:

CurlyMoo

What the hell is DIY?

I wish people would just spell things out, if you were in a hurry you wouldn't be sitting on a computer talking about hair!

keysha1983

I am awaiting the reigning queen of knowledge to come and tell the newbie to hit the search button. It has to be coming!

yuriko

DH- Dear Husband
DD- Dear Daughter
DIY- Do it yourself
MT- Megatek
MN- Monistat

I am awaiting the reigning queen of knowledge to come and tell the newbie to hit the search button. It has to be coming!

LOL, I really hope no one comes in with that, but it is very likely.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Why such cattiness? :perplexed

I don't understand what's so wrong with using google, or recommending others use it. It's super easy, incredibly fast and you discover so much more information/techniques/products than you would if you were to create a thread asking the same thing. I've rarely seen msa have an attitude or respond in a malicious tone, she just speaks bluntly, to the point. I guess to some, that could be considered rude. Especially considering we can't HEAR how the words are meant to be said. Msa is a very nice person, I don't get why people think she's so mean-spirited and I surely don't understand why some are so against doing a simple search :ohwell:

LushLox

I don't understand what's so wrong with using google, or recommending others use it. It's super easy, incredibly fast and you discover so much more information/techniques/products than you would if you were to create a thread asking the same thing. I've rarely seen msa have an attitude or respond in a malicious tone, she just speaks bluntly, to the point. I guess to some, that could be considered rude. Especially considering we can't HEAR how the words are meant to be said. Msa is a very nice person, I don't get why people think she's so mean-spirited and I surely don't understand why some are so against doing a simple search :ohwell:

That's the problem with forums, written text can be misconstrued and bent out of context. It's interesting how some people can find some statements inflammatory while others do not.

msa

Thanks Tiffers!

Searching is everyone's friend. I've found amazing information from doing a search.

And for newbies, if you look in my siggy there's a link to the LHCF Newbie Manual...of course it's threads that I found helpful but I think they'll help you too. I did all the searching for you! Oh and oldheads, please add to the thread, the more links, the better.

That's the problem with forums, written text can be misconstrued and bent out of context. It's interesting how some people can find some statements inflammatory while others do not.

True true. Inflection, body language, tone of voice, smiles, etc. cannot be seen through a computer screen.

I also think that people choose to misunderstand things sometimes, especially when they don't apply reading comprehension skills to what they see.

What about NSFW or something like that, usually seen the on EF:grin:

NSFW=Not Safe For Work. Meaning the picture/video is probably explicit in some way or just nasty.

*Michelle*

DH- Dear Husband
DD- Dear Daughter
DIY- Do it yourself
MT- Megatek
MN- Monistat

LOL, I really hope no one comes in with that, but it is very likely.

Sometimes DH=d*mn husband :perplexed Well at least for me when he is workin' my nerve:lachen:

ETA: If I'm not sure about a persons tone, I either ignore it or give them the benefit of the doubt. Unless they continue on and make it obvious. I really prefer people who straight and to the point...you always know where you stand and never have to wonder. But that's just me.

Last edited:

stephanielynn

My sister, who has always gone back and forth with wearing her hair natural told me about this sight. She has naturally course hair that grows very long. I, on the other hand, have thin, fine hair that will grow but breaks off a lot. Any suggestions? Where do I start? I don't know any of the acronyms.