How do you get your hair to shine?

Millahdoowop

My buns look nice and my hair lays down nicely, but it looks so dull. There's no pretty shine to it and it looks boring. So ladies, how do you get your shine?

Oh yeah, I use olive oil lotion moisturizer (organic root stimulatior) mixed with some fantasia ic sparkelites gel to smooth and moisturize my hair.

Nanyanika

On wet hair, I slick my buns down with world of curls activator/coconut oil mix for shine.

here's the pic

HoneyDew

I am relaxed and I always have the high shine going. I use WGO.

I know that many ladies here don't blow-dry, but I have to. I use Keracare Silken seal before I blowdry and press. That gives me major shine and prevents heat damage. I have to keep it up with the WGO.

I also spray Kenra Silkening Mist on it sometimes before I leave in the a.m.

I will post a few pics in a sec...

HoneyDew

Ok, technical problems. :look:

here is a pic now. My hair is shiny every day. I have been wearing a bun, as well.

Attachments

• shiny1.jpg
    shiny1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 42

LABETT

HoneyDew said:

here is a pic now. My hair is shiny every day. I have been wearing a bun, as well.
Great Shine I have the Keracare Silken seal I will have to try it soon.

Millahdoowop

I might try the coconut oil, will I be able to find it in the BSS? And I'll try the World of curls too. I want my hair to look purty too. :)

Oh yeah, is the world of curls a spray or a gel?

Babygurl

I use coconut oil, shea oil, or olive oil (or a mixture of all 3) and just keep it moisturized, usually with water.

natural_one

you may need to wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo, it may be buildup causing your hair to look dull. that is normally what i do and if that isnt the reason then try Kemi natural hair oil and some shea butter. I can apply that to my hair after i wash and be good until my next wash.

Nanyanika

Millah03 said:
I might try the coconut oil, will I be able to find it in the BSS? And I'll try the World of curls too. I want my hair to look purty too. :)

Oh yeah, is the world of curls a spray or a gel?
The world of curls looks like this!!! its a nice moisturizing light gel i buy the one for extra dry hair. I open up the jar and add my cocnut oil, then give it a good mix, before applying. Before trying this mix, its best to clarify the hair first, to get rid of build-up and dullness.

Last edited:

Millahdoowop

Okay I did clarify with baking soda when I washed my hair after I took my braids out, but I'll invest in an actual clarifying shampoo when I go to K-mart and see if that makes a difference (it'll probably will). I'll have to wait on the world of curls until about another two weeks ::sigh:: when I get some more money. Thanx ladies. I really want a pretty, nice looking bun. I saw Den's hair and was like oooh pretty, and babygurl's pic as well. Don't laugh, but I was thinking how Snoop Dogg got his hair to shine too. :lol:

Mizani_Mrs

All of yall who has WGO in the back of the cabinet, don't sleep on it. I just decided to use mines for my weekly wash yesterday...I mixed it with my hummectress as a deep cond. then i mixed alot of WGO a dab of hummectress with water (make it watery) and i applied as a leave-in. I was very satisfied with how shiny and soft my hair is. This is my new routine....

I have been using jojoba oil, or an oil blend, or grapeseed oil and they do produce shine but i think your hair strands absorb the oil so the shine only lasts for a while. But WGO produces great shine that lasts.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
HoneyDew said:

Wow, it is VERY shiny! And, I am interested in that Kenra Silkening Mist. ;)

nfynit_812

I just started using Optimum Oil Therapy Shine Booster. It's light-you don't have to use alot, and has a nice smell to it! It contains coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil and jojoba oil.