Monistat Ladies...Hair growth updates please.

Mahalialee4

Are any of the following ladies or even those not mentioned, still using Monistat? and what can you share. Diamoness, California, SpicedTee, SpecialC. luvhair, Stephypoo etc. This would make a great alternative to MTG when you are travelling, if it works, and you would not have to take the MTG smell with you. Please share any updates. I am not putting this down because I am really interested in this. Bonjour.

miracle

Mahalialee4....have you considered trying the Monistat out for yourself (if you aren't using it already)? I ask because it dosen't look like you were getting the number of replies that you were seeking from these Monistat threads, so it may just be worth giving it a whirl with your own trial if intersted in the product. Just a thought. :)

Last edited:

diamoness

I just started using on my scalp straight last week in between my cornrows. So I don't think i have anything to report yet.

Mahalialee4

No problem>but I think that it is good to find out if anyone is having any negative effects at all because sometimes when people are not satfisfied with something they do not say anything until a desperate cry for help shows up and then they say...Oh, girl, that is why I stopped using that....whatever product. I am being proactive here, lol. Bonjour

SweetNic_JA

Mahalialee4 said:
No problem>but I think that it is good to find out if anyone is having any negative effects at all because sometimes when people are not satfisfied with something they do not say anything until a desperate cry for help shows up and then they say...Oh, girl, that is why I stopped using that....whatever product. I am being proactive here, lol. Bonjour
LOL good point...That's what trials are for.

ElizaBlue

Hey now,

I've been putting on my daughter's head mixed with Sulphur 8. She has a lot of breakage in the top of her head and nape of her neck. The reason I tried it is because she always hits the top of her head and complains of intense itching. Sounded like a good candidate for what's good for that other intense itching. I can't really tell the affect as yet because she has micro braids. But she no longer complains of itching.

Mahalialee4

Keep us posted ElizaBlue. Now that dandruff has been identified as a yeast problem, maybe Monistat will make more sense to more people. Yeast is yeast is yeast and you can get it anywhere. Bonjour

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
I have not been using Monistat at all, I've been using miconazole nitrate. I have not been able to use it consistently for 3 reasons: it's not readily available in Baghdad and I used up my supply about 3 weeks ago, my DH kept stealing it to use on his feet (gross, but it's the truth!!), and I cannot really say that it is the cream alone that has contributed to my growth.

My scalp improved TREMENDOUSLY while I was using the cream. The itchies and scalies stopped completely. My scalp felt supple and "healed". I had my hair in microbraids, and when I took them down I had a lot of new growth. I promptly put my hair in cornrows, which I am removing tonight. When I ran out of cream, my scalp took a turn for the worst. For one, the water supply here is pulled from a reservoir. The water is heavily treated with chlorine and is VERY hard on the skin and scalp. I think that this one thing may have hindered my progress because my scalp got mad again, but nowhere near what it used to be. I have been falling on the Nizoral shampoo until I get some more cream. Since then, I have started washing and rinsing my hair with bottled water...a very tedious progress when you live in a tent and you have to heat water in a coffee pot, but that's another story. Tonight, I plan on retouching with the Phyto 2, so I will have a lot to update, and I will post pics.

But, back to the matter at hand. I believe that the miconazole has healed my scalp and "may" have contributed to my growth. I am 17 weeks post relaxer, and my hair doesn't grow that fast **to me**. So, I have to reserve my judgment on this until a)I get my new shipment, and b)I am able to do it consistently for 3 months. I hope this helped.

FeelinIt

I'm sorry but is that CHili's in (forgive my ignorance) Bagdadien language.....(stop laughing)

If it is, do they serve chicken fried steak there with the toast and the corn and the mashed potatoes?

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
FeelinIt said:
I'm sorry but is that CHili's in (forgive my ignorance) Bagdadien language.....(stop laughing)

If it is, do they serve chicken fried steak there with the toast and the corn and the mashed potatoes?

LOL!! Yes, it is Chili's!! The sign is in Arabic. Chili's in Kuwait...they serve everything that they serve in American Chili's except NO PORK and NO ALCOHOL! Girl, ain't no Chili's in Iraq...LOL!

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

So what is new in the Monistat world? I have something to share in the Monistat product dept. when I have more free time to really break it down. bonjour

pretty-girl#1

Hey chick,

I can honestly say this stuff is DA TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on this forum for about a year and I have tried all kind of topical growth products that have done nothing to increase my growth. On May 19th I cut around 2-3 inches of my hair off which took me from collar bone back to shoulder. Well today I am back at collar bone and my hair is healthy and longer than it was before I cut it. I started using it (I USE THE YEAST CREAM NOT THE FOOT CREAM) after the cut because I wanted my length back. I have always had problems with my slow growing fronts and i have NEVER NEVER NEVER had fronts this long before! I used it on them the most because I knew if it Really Worked I'd notice growth there because my fronts seem to be non-growing, AND BOY DID IT WORK! I have gotten many compliments about the length of my fronts. That was the only part of my hair that i couldn't get to grow. I have not had any of the head aches or side affects from using this stuff. I do wash my hair everyday and i do work out sometimes, but i was doing this before the cut and MN, and my growth was the same as always. I think this stuff has been very good for me, and i will keep it in my regime!

HighlyFavored1

Hm, i'm using MTG for the summer but maybe when i get back to campus i'll start using this. i am fine with my greasy/slightly smelly hair, but i don't think my boyfriend would feel the same...:look:

Mahalialee4

Firecracker! I spoke with my pharmacist today. Monistat is a brand name for Miconozole Nitrate. She stated that they are the exact same product. Miconozole Nitrate is the generic name. Yes MN...it will work for the cootchie, just as Neosporin and other trade name products containing Miconzole Nitrate, work for jock itch, athlete's foot etc. I have never used uncultured yogurt on mine but if that works for your "personal area", then I have no problem with it. I would add that there is no scientific ingredient called "relaxer" but the same ingredients in relaxer also can be found in "hair removers...(like Neet)...in Drano...and in oven cleaner... but that is not why people buy relaxers...(which I personally have nothing against). My focus for this thread is not on the cootchie but on the scalp. Perhaps you could contact your own pharmacist regarding that"intimate area" and satisfy any concerns you may have. I do not feel qualified to advise on the cootchie. You may want to post on the Recipes or Health and Fitness Threads and share your knowledge there. re: the many uses of uncultured yogurt. Hope this helps. bonjour