Keratin products (not keratin tx) that keep natural hair straight in high humidity

Dove56

Hello ladies,

I am growing out my natural texture and haven't used any keratin treatments since August 2012. I mainly did this to give my hair a break while I recovered from damage from hair color (bleach).

I have been co-washing and bunning for 8 months and my hair has grown like a weed. Anyho, I plan on wearing it straight again and wanted to test some products out that claim to provide humidity resistance that aren't keratin treatments before I go back to QOD Organiq Max (cysteine based keratin treatment) or try Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy Mousse).

So far I'm testing:

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray

John Frieda 3-day Straight

Keratin Express Daily Keratin

Coppola Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replinisher

I am currently sitting under this hot arse dryer :heated::kiss3: doing a rollerset using the Keratin Express Daily Keratin so I will report back with my results.

Last April 2012 I went to a Dominican salon and the lady did a rollerset with Coppola Keratin Express Daily Keratin and I swear my new growth looked like a fresh BKT and it lasted in the humidity until my next wash one week later. :) I will test that one next week on my own.

Any thoughts? Have any of you ladies tried these products and had great results?

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Re: Keratin products (not keratin tx) that keep natural hair straight in high humidit

I have only used the coppola infusion and my roots reverted the very same day. I have had good results with salerm brushing and kismera straightening wax when it comes to high humidity straightening. I have plenty of products i want to try this summer

Royalq

Re: Keratin products (not keratin tx) that keep natural hair straight in high humidit

omg forget straightening in this florida humidity. Today i did a twistout and it look soo good in the house. 20 mins outside that ish turned into a complete shrunken fro. There's no way straight hair will survive here now:nono:

DominicanBrazilian82

omg forget straightening in this florida humidity. Today i did a twistout and it look soo good in the house. 20 mins outside that ish turned into a complete shrunken fro. There's no way straight hair will survive here now:nono:

Did someone say Florida humidity Royalq... These people don't even understand the half. I go to where I'm going in flexis, pins and rollers. Take it out in the parking lot and then run inside... Lol.