Best hair for sew in. Any suggestions???

Kinky4Agirl

Hello ladies,
I have decided to get a sew in this weekend and I want to get hair that doesn't shed easily or tangle. which hair should I buy from the BSS?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
What look are you going for?
(This might help with suggestions)

DaiseeDay

Are you gonna have any of your hair left out? If so is it Relaxed? Natural? And are you willing to straighten it?

I'm not a weave expert, but im sure those answers will help as well.

Last edited:

EbonyCPrincess

You need to provide a bit more information to get specific recommendations IMO. The questions Daisee asked and if also to add:

How long do you want it to be? What's your budget? How long do you plan to wear the sew in?

BGT

I used Black Diamond by Bohyme for my sew ins and they last 8 weeks, washing every 2 weeks. Beautiful hair.

DaiseeDay

I used Black Diamond by Bohyme for my sew ins and they last 8 weeks, washing every 2 weeks. Beautiful hair.

I've heard good things about Bohyme and have had the Brazillian which was nice. Bohyme is a little pricier than typical BSS hair though.

Kinky4Agirl

Ladies I have straight relaxed hair. I want to buy hair that is straight, shoulder length, and very minimal shedding and tangling. Will have a part down the middle of my head and just above my shoulders.

BGT, where do you find your Bohyme and how much is it?

BGT

I got it at a local BSS. It was either $50/pack or $80/pack. I don't remember :lol: I got 2 packs and she used 1.5 packs I believe. Color #2, 12 inches. She left the the edges and the crown out and added one small tract to the bang.

Attachments

• 1973_61080771824_6393_n.jpg
    1973_61080771824_6393_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 1973_61081416824_8951_n.jpg
    1973_61081416824_8951_n.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 128

southerncitygirl

Kinky4Agirl

instead of paying 40-50 a pack for bss hair why not take the plunge and buy more expensive hair that will last you a whole year? onyc hair is expensive but beautiful and can be found online. you only need 8oz and if your hair is going to be layered then you can get a pack each of 10-12inch, 14inch-16inch, or 16-18inch. also with more expensiver hair they give hair thats slightly longer so it would likely be 2-3 inches longer than what you requested.

here's a link:
https://www.onychair.com/shop/shop-online

the woman who owns this company is nigerian. you can do a yt search on them as well there are tons of reviews. i plan on ordering hair from here to have a few wigs made.

NewlyNature12

Loved loved loved my Bohyme (forgot how to spell it!) it was $80/pack and I got 1.5 packs. Lasted well over 1.5 with good maintenance.

simplybeauty

This is no BSS hair but its great quality and prices. I ordered 3 bundles of the virgin Brazilian natural wave on a Tuesday and got it on Thursday the site is lacexclusive.com

ThatJerseyGirl

Kinky4Agirl - www.extensions-plus.com. I stand behind this brand. It is the best, and you can reuse the hair. Based on my experience, the relaxed permed straight is the way to go. Their hair is the best investment ever.

Or

Go to www.hisandher.com. I use to use them before I founf EP. I use to rock their French Refined in 50% mink. No sheds or tangles with both brands.

Good luck.

Kinky4Agirl

Hi pinkness27, I went online like the ladies said here and I purchased hair from extensions plus.com and it looks just like relaxed Africa American hair. I haven't received it yet but I paid $ 178.00 for two bundles..

Smiley79

If you're looking for basic BSS hair in the pack, specifically straight hair...I always vouch for Sensual Mink Yaki in the Gold Pack. That's my hands down fave.
As for the Remy and Virgin hair, I just order online and don't bother with the BSS because their prices are too high.

Smiley79

Hi pinkness27, I went online like the ladies said here and I purchased hair from extensions plus.com and it looks just like relaxed Africa American hair. I haven't received it yet but I paid $ 178.00 for two bundles..

In your opinion is 2 bundles enough for a full look?

ms.blue

What lengths did you purchase?

pinkness27

@Kinky4Agirl the color I want is sold out :cry3:in both of the lengths I want.

That is a good deal you got. Do they have a bundle deal? It seemed like for one bundle it was starting at $178

@Smiley79 I found a website that is selling 16 inch for $40. Is that standard price or would I get a better deal going into a BSS? ETA: Nevermind! The website ended up sending me a 15% off code. I purchased the hair.

Last edited:

Smiley79

@Kinky4Agirl the color I want is sold out :cry3:in both of the lengths I want.

That is a good deal you got. Do they have a bundle deal? It seemed like for one bundle it was starting at $178

@Smiley79 I found a website that is selling 16 inch for $40. Is that standard price or would I get a better deal going into a BSS? ETA: Nevermind! The website ended up sending me a 15% off code. I purchased the hair.

You got a good deal! My local BSS charges almost $60 for the 16 inch.