hey girls, do any of you add egg to your conditioner????

SherryLove

if so, why do you do it and what are your results???? and would you recommend it???

i was thinking about blending one organic egg and adding a little bit of it to my deep conditioner (ao honeysuckrose, jojoba&aloe, and gpb conditioners mixed with oils) about once a month to add some extra protein to my strands...a woman i met suggested i do that to help keep my hair strong as it is growing longer...

girls,please chime in....

thanks...

foxybrownsugar

ive been adding egg yolk to my conditioner since i was a teen. my friend in jr. high told me she did mayo on her hair and her hair was shiney and beautiful. i did mayo for awhile but the smell was gross. so then i started using dark and lovely's cholesterol with egg oils (they dont put egg oil in it anymore) the yellow condish in the hot pink tub. so anyway i started adding my own egg in my condish cuz no one else made it but dk & lovely. it gives my hair shine and stops my shedding. my mom also told me that yrs ago down south women used to get egg conditioning treatments at the beauty parlor something that they no longer do. :) btw, egg is the key ingredient in mayo "cholesterol"

Last edited:

SherryLove

foxybrownsugar said:
ive been adding egg yolk to my conditioner since i was a teen. my friend in jr. high told me she did mayo on her hair and her hair was shiney and beautiful. i did mayo for awhile but the smell was gross. so then i started using dark and lovely's cholesterol with egg oils (they dont put egg oil in it anymore) the yellow condish in the hot pink tub. so anyway i started adding my own egg in my condish cuz no one else made it but dk & lovely. it gives my hair shine and stops my shedding. my mom also told me that yrs ago down south women used to get egg conditioning treatments at the beauty parlor something that they no longer do. :) btw, egg is the key ingredient in mayo "cholesterol"

thanks for the helpful info, foxy... i really appreciate it...

one more question: do you think the egg helps to make your hair stronger as well???

mahoganee

Whenever I use ORS Hair mayonaisse I add an egg to to it. My hair feels softer and stronger at the same time.

foxybrownsugar

SherryLove said:
thanks for the helpful info, foxy... i really appreciate it...

one more question: do you think the egg helps to make your hair stronger as well???

YES I THINK SO I WAS BRASTRAP IN HIGH SCHOOL, SHORT CUTS(HALLE/TONI) IN THE MID 90S THEN BRAPSTRAP AGAIN IN THE LATE 90S UNTIL NOW(jan/2005 my last relaxer). I HAVE BEEN CUTTING OFF MY RELAXER SO ITS ON MY SHOULDERS NOW.I HOPE TO HAVE THE RELAXER ALL CUT OFF BY JANUARY. BTW I FORGOT TO SAY I USE THIS AS A PRE POO USUALLY WITH CAP & HEAT ABUT 2O MIN SOMETIMES W/O HEAT AND SOMETIMES I ADD WHATEVER OIL THAT I HAVE ON HAND LIKE OLIVE, HEMP ETC TO THE MIX. CONDISH+EGG YOLK+OIL(S).MY HAIR LOVES THIS COMBINATION! :yep:

SherryLove

mahoganee said:
Whenever I use ORS Hair mayonaisse I add an egg to to it. My hair feels softer and stronger at the same time.

oh really...a guy i just started dating swears by it (ors mayonnaise)....LOL....thanks, mahoganee....

czyfaith77

Sherry,it's great for protein. My mom used to use it on my hair every week when I was a girl. I think I may reincorporated into my routine. Currently, I use Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair which I love alot (I hate the smell but it stops alot of my shedding.) I use it more than I should but I always deep moisturize afterwards and I reap the benefits. As a matter of fact I can tell when I don't use it.

Last edited:

Angelicus

Eggs and mayonnaise are my friends. Adding an egg (especially the yolk) strengthens and shines the hair! Try it Sherry! Don't sit under the dryer though.

Sincerely,
Egg and Mayo Lover

CarLiTa

Wow i really should try this too. my hair has been feeling week, although it does'nt break, it sheds a lot, so i think that would be a good thing to do. I actually almost did it this yesterday when i washed my hair but i got too lazy. I will definitely do it sometime during the week or this upcoming weekend.

PhonyBaloney500

anky said:
Eggs and mayonnaise are my friends. Adding an egg (especially the yolk) strengthens and shines the hair! Try it Sherry! Don't sit under the dryer though.

Sincerely,
Egg and Mayo Lover

LOL re sitting uner the dryer! That could be bad!
:lol:

Godsway

Hey I want to try this but I'm a bit confused. The egg and mayo are both protein treatments right? How often should you do these treatments every wash or once a month? I love ORS Mayo as well. Should you use this every wash or just once a month? confused :perplexed :confused:

foxybrownsugar

Godsway said:
Hey I want to try this but I'm a bit confused. The egg and mayo are both protein treatments right? How often should you do these treatments every wash or once a month? I love ORS Mayo as well. Should you use this every wash or just once a month? confused :perplexed :confused:
it depends on yr hair dear, i do it every 2 wks but i have family members that only do it once a month.

foxybrownsugar

Peachtree said:
I've always wanted to experiment with eggs... They gross me out :barf: ....
yes,the whites are really slimy and will cook with heat. but i only use the yolk and they mix well with a creamy thick condish.

Tanelions

anky said:

Sincerely,
Egg and Mayo Lover

Hey Anky,
I did this a couple of months ago, mixing eggs and mayo. I left it on for about 20-30min with a plastic cap, no dryer. But my hair felt very brittle/fragile like. I co wash with a good moisture conditioner that whole week nursing it back.
I guess it was too much for my hair. I don't do deep con. treatments for this fact or too much protein in general. Why I did this? Cause your hair rocks :woot: . It was one of those, wow let me try that. :lol:
Anyway I guess it was too much. Maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 in my conditioner might work :look: .

MSee

I have used it as a conditioner but it made my hair very dry. However, I was having terrible breakage few months ago and I remembered reading it could be used as a natural shampoo. So I beat one egg with a little water and ACV (making sure I strained it), did a pre-poo with olive oil and honey and used the egg mix, then used a moisturising conditioner (VO5). It was messy and I had to keep my head hanging down while washing but it worked. My hair felt a little dry (not near as dry as when I used it as a conditioner) but very strong, the breakage ceased and it had a nice sheen (could have been from the pree-poo). The next time I used a better conditioner and it work even better. My problem is I'm not consitent with it, I leave it as an emergencey treatment. After reading this thread that may change.

SherryLove

MSee said:
I have used it as a conditioner but it made my hair very dry. However, I was having terrible breakage few months ago and I remembered reading it could be used as a natural shampoo. So I beat one egg with a little water and ACV (making sure I strained it), did a pre-poo with olive oil and honey and used the egg mix, then used a moisturising conditioner (VO5). It was messy and I had to keep my head hanging down while washing but it worked. My hair felt a little dry (not near as dry as when I used it as a conditioner) but very strong, the breakage ceased and it had a nice sheen (could have been from the pree-poo). The next time I used a better conditioner and it work even better. My problem is I'm not consitent with it, I leave it as an emergencey treatment. After reading this thread that may change.

tanelions and msee, i am definitely going to start with a little bit of egg to begin with just to see how my hair reacts.

carl li ta , please let us know your results after using the egg. smile...

thanks,,, anky and czyfaith...i am definitely going to try putting a small amount of a blended egg into my conditioner.. i will follow up and let you girls know how it turns out...

hey peachtree, maybe you should start off by adding a little bit to your conditioner like i am....

MJ

Funny you should start this thread SherryLove :) Yesterday I make and used a molasses intensive conditioner, which includes using 3 eggs yolks. I never use egg whites on my hair, but using egg always make my hair feel stronger. I use it whenever I think my hair need extra love, usually before a touch-up. But think that from now on whenever I'm not wearing braids and such, I'm going to be using eggs yolks every two weeks.

SherryLove

mzjones said:
Funny you should start this thread SherryLove :) Yesterday I make and used a molasses intensive conditioner, which includes using 3 eggs yolks. I never use egg whites on my hair, but using egg always make my hair feel stronger. I use it whenever I think my hair need extra love, usually before a touch-up. But think that from now on whenever I'm not wearing braids and such, I'm going to be using eggs yolks every two weeks.

sounds good, mzjones... did you follow the treatment with a moisturizing conditioner?????just curious...

MJ

SherryLove said:
sounds good, mzjones... did you follow the treatment with a moisturizing conditioner?????just curious...

No. It doesn't dry my hair out at all. Maybe it's because I use it along with aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil, and molasses. It's messy and it does leave my hair smelling a little raw afterwards :look: (but not for long), but those are the only negative things about it. I rinse thoroughly, do an ACV rinse, and airdry in buns, plaits, whatever. The recipe that I found didn't mention the acv rinse, just thoroughly rinsing, but that's my precautionary step.

hotshot

egg and mayonaise are great.
i also like plain unstrained yogurt-results just like gpb.
i have also made home made mayonaisse. mayonaisse is simply egg, oil and vinegar, so i make hair mayo with egg, ACV and castor or coconut oil.

Mestiza

I remember when I put some whole raw eggs on my hair. My hair felt very strong...tough as nails, so to speak, afterward. It's time for me to do it, again. This time I'll mix it w/ something.

Last edited:

mahoganee

mzjones said:
No. It doesn't dry my hair out at all. Maybe it's because I use it along with aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil, and molasses. It's messy and it does leave my hair smelling a little raw afterwards :look: (but not for long), but those are the only negative things about it. I rinse thoroughly, do an ACV rinse, and airdry in buns, plaits, whatever. The recipe that I found didn't mention the acv rinse, just thoroughly rinsing, but that's my precautionary step.
What exactly does the molasses do for hair and did you find the recipe on this board? I might try this on my hair.;)

Lucia

In Haiti we beat the eggs and add Haitian or Rican rum, when my mom did for me when I was a kid I reaked like a mini-wino.

ScandalousBeauty

Tonight I applied my highly unsuccessful Ojon Treatment, then 1 egg, and then a hefty amount of Humectress. I left it on for about a half hour to 45 minutes. Afterward, my hair was defintely super soft. I have flat twisted my hair and rod set the ends. We'll see how it comes out in the morning!

SherryLove

Lucia said:
In Haiti we beat the eggs and add Haitian or Rican rum, when my mom did for me when I was a kid I reaked like a mini-wino.

LOL....but your hair was probably always so shiny and healthy looking..

SherryLove

LilChocolateMa said:
Tonight I applied my highly unsuccessful Ojon Treatment, then 1 egg, and then a hefty amount of Humectress. I left it on for about a half hour to 45 minutes. Afterward, my hair was defintely super soft. I have flat twisted my hair and rod set the ends. We'll see how it comes out in the morning!

hey lil chocolate.... is the ojon treatment something new???? i will have to look into this.... anyhoo, please be sure to let us know how your hair turns out this morn...i am liking the fact that your hair came out super soft tonight...smile...