Best products for reducing shrinkage

candy626

Anyone found any products that seem to help with shrinkage?

I have heard mixed things about the Kinky Curly line and Eco styler...

I'm looking for something to keep my hair weighed down (I don't like volume) and keep shrinkage to a minimum.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Kinky curly actually made my hair shrink up more and took forever to dry. The only thing that I have found that really reduces shrinkage is kiss my face upper management gel.

candy626

Kinky curly actually made my hair shrink up more and took forever to dry. The only thing that I have found that really reduces shrinkage is kiss my face upper management gel.

I used to love kiss my face products back in the day. I never tried any of their gels, maybe I will give it a try.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
This may sound strange, but when I could do protein, yogurt in my condish weighed my tight kinks down nicely. A seal and gel made it last a cpl days...

McQuay30

This may sound strange, but when I could do protein, yogurt in my condish weighed my tight kinks down nicely. A seal and gel made it last a cpl days...

Will you explain exactly what u use and in what order?, I am trying to capture "so to say" my stretched without braids or twist or the likes.

candy626

I tried the kiss my face upper management gel recently and so did my boyfriend who is 3a/3b. I used when it banding my hair overnight and it seemed to give my hair nice texture. It's hard to tell if it helped with shrinkage since banding in and of itself helps. I'm going to air dry with it in a wash n go today to see how it really works.

The kiss my face gel definitely seems to leave my boyfriends hair straighter. His hair is already straight at the roots anyway but I notice that most regular gels make his hair look curlier like 3b, especially LA Looks gel. The kiss my face gel makes it look 3a. It also leaves it really soft and not coated. Hes been using that everyday in place of the la looks gel.

Amerie2304

I love Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic. It gives my hair the least amount of shrinkage out of all the gels I've tried so far (I've tried a lot!) with great curl definition and moisturized.

cbanks67

I like anything with Henna in it and it has helped with my shrinkage. Nature's Gate has a shampoo and conditioner.

AtlantaJJ

I tried the kiss my face upper management gel recently and so did my boyfriend who is 3a/3b. I used when it banding my hair overnight and it seemed to give my hair nice texture. It's hard to tell if it helped with shrinkage since banding in and of itself helps. I'm going to air dry with it in a wash n go today to see how it really works.

The kiss my face gel definitely seems to leave my boyfriends hair straighter. His hair is already straight at the roots anyway but I notice that most regular gels make his hair look curlier like 3b, especially LA Looks gel. The kiss my face gel makes it look 3a. It also leaves it really soft and not coated. Hes been using that everyday in place of the la looks gel.

Please post your results (pictures) after you try your wash and go!

Ogoma

Kinky Curly Custard, as someone else noted, gave me more shrinkage and stayed wet. UFD Curly Magic did not give me more or less, but it made my curls stringy sometimes. KMF UMG really weighs down my hair. I don't really like the weighed down look at this length.