Boiling water: A good substitute for hard water?

I believe I have hard water at home. If I boil hard water and use that to wash/rinse the hair, will this be like using distilled water and help make the hair less dry?

Thanks. I'm not happy with what the home water is doing to me right now.

ThursdayGirl

With distilled water, I think they condense the water that evaporates from the boiling...and that's the stuff you drink. If you boil water on your stove...and use that on your hair... I don't think you'll be doing anything better. In fact, you will probably concentrate the minerals in the water a little... because you lose some water as vapor, thus, there's less water to dilute the minerals. If you leave the water out and let the minerals settle out... (some of them will)... and then find a way to collect the water off of the top... that might be better than water straight out of the tap. It probably just better to either use bottled water from like wal-mart... or get a filter.

Jade21

Hey, LHCF Poster Girl of the Month!

I am very late with this..have had an insane week...your hair is looking just beautiful! Had to say that first:)

PLEASE go to the nearest grocery store or drugstore and get some distilled water. You will be utterly amazed at the difference in the softness, manageability of your hair if you simply use it as the FINAL rinse..that's all.

I definitely agree with Thursday Girl...it's like the same principle if you were going to use the boiled water regularly for drinking water...there must be a mechanism to remove the concentrated remnants.

Sending you to the nearest drugstore or grocery....

Much Love,

Jade

free2bme

Ditto, boiling might kill germs in the water but it can not remove mineral deposits that make watr hard.

Thanks Jade, I'm going to the grocery store immediately!!! (as in right now
)

Many thanks for the compliment. I'm sure its nothing though compared to you
Good to see you on the board.

sweetcocoa

I used distilled water reliqiously....but lately I'm so afraid of hard water,that I've been shampooing with distilled water also. I found a site that lets you distill your own water...

Your own distilled water....

I haven't decided wether I want to purchase this yet or not. When I just rinse I pour a jug over my hair. It's a little more time consuming when I shampoo also.

Thanks Sweetcocoa. That distilling water machine looks interesting. Let me know if you do end up getting it and your thoughts.

For now, I'm going to use bought distilled water from the grocery store for all final rinses and see if I see a difference.

snukoms

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Sweetcocoa. That distilling water machine looks interesting. Let me know if you do end up getting it and your thoughts.

For now, I'm going to use bought distilled water from the grocery store for all final rinses and see if I see a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you notice a difference? i think i have hard water too.