HOTs, Oil Rinse, Sealing April 1st - June 30th 2012 PARTII

againstallodds

HOT with safflower, grapeseed, and vitamin E oil on length of my hair.
On scalp: mix of coconut, tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, and vitamin E that I needed to finish up.

jprayze

last night massaged my scalp with grapeseed oil and use a little CD's mimosa hair honey to seal ends while setting on flexirods

xu93texas

I added evco, hempseed oil, rosemary, and peppermint oils to my DC and got under dryer for 30 min. before shampoo.

I massaged Peppermint Pomade into my scalp and sealed w/mixture of avocado oil, grapeseed, and sweet almond oil

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Currently doing a HOT with my steama using Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine. :woot:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Since discovering oil rinsing I rarely do a hot now but I think it's been ok. I do add my oil blend to my dc though as I did today and I will do an oil rinse when I co wash:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Wash Day: Will use Marie Dean Argan Oil Blend with my Leave-In

Not sure what else. (Probably Hair Trigger or Claudie Hairline & Temple Balm and some Mega-Tek)

faithVA

I don't know if Prepoos are part of this challenge :ohwell:

Last week I prepooed with flax seed/wheat germ oil + AVJ; followed with coconut oil. My hair felt hard, wiry and greasy. And it was very runny.

Massaged my scalp with coffee castor oil. Then prepooed with AVG + castor oil blend. Followed up with coconut oil. I like this much better. The castor oil + AVG didn't drip at all. I didn't get the coconut oil hot enough :ohwell: But it went on well. And my hair feels soft. So hopefully it will still feel soft and moisturized after I wash.

I was really supposed to sit under my heat cap but was too lazy. So have on 3 plastic caps.
Going to wash with Castille Soap for the first time. I hope I don't need an emergency kit to detangle.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@faithVA

OMG...Absolutely it is!:grin:

Anything you are doing with Oil is part of this Challenge.:yep:

Pre-Poo'ing
Steaming
HOTs
Rinsing
Sealing
Scalp Massaging
etc.......Oil, Oil and then more Oil:lol:

Lita

Dampen my hair with warm water,applied Donna Marie super butter cream & sealed with Rice bran oil...

Happy Hair Growing!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Last night I scalp massaged with my sulfur oil. I'm glad I used hemp in this batch because my hair is very shiny today. Oh, and I MUST remember to seal my ends with castor oil tonight. It really agrees with my twisted hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@faithVA

Me Too!

But thankfully I won't have as many miscellaneous oils as I had when I first started this Challenge.

And currently, Trigger will replace all the Sulfur-based Growth Aid Oils I was buying (as well as Strong Roots Pimento Oil).

And it doesn't contain Sulfur *only the onions & garlic*

I'll still keep JBCO in the Stash tho'.

faithVA

@faithVA

Me Too!

But thankfully I won't have as many miscellaneous oils as I had when I first started this Challenge.

And currently, Trigger will replace all the Sulfur-based Growth Aid Oils I was buying (as well as Strong Roots Pimento Oil).

And it doesn't contain Sulfur *only the onions & garlic*

I'll still keep JBCO in the Stash tho'.

I think I can use most of my oils up by the end of the summer. Then I will start over with just sunflower oil and some version of castor oil.

I probably will still have shea butter left though :ohwell: Unless I just throw it out :lol: It may be on my nerves by then.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
faithVA

I have a little bit of:
Pumpkin Seed
EVOO
EVCO
Grapeseed

Several Oil Blends and Sprays. Should definitely use most of these up by the End of 2012