2012 HYH Challenge (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Ms_CoCo37

Ladies, it’s time for the next phase of this challenge! We will be using the same rules as in previous challenges.

RULES:
  • Hide hair length with PSs (i.e. wigs, weaves, buns, braids, twists, etc).
  • You can take pic updates, but do not allow them to be publicly seen (exceptions - posting starting pix for other challenges).
  • You are allowed 4 free passes to wear your hair out. These can be used for other challenges.
  • Post your starting pix in the Starting Pix Thread: *Click Here*
  • Check in as needed. If you are struggling to find styles or losing motivation, check in so we can support each other.
  • ENJOY THE LENGTH YOU RETAIN ONCE THE CHALLENGE IS OVER!!!
This challenge will officially begin on January 1st & we will reveal on June 30th.

Participants, "Thank" this post & I will add your name to the list. If you don't see your name on the list, send me a PM & I will add you.

As in previous challenges, I will post a separate thread for our starting pix along with several reference threads (see below). Please note that I will not create the starting pix thread until we reveal at the end of the month.

Reference Threads:

(These are the threads that started it all for me)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=14753031#post14753031

Let's grow our hair to new lengths ladies!:grin:

PARTICIPANTS:

@Ms_CoCo37
@Charla
@Evallusion
@Golden75
@lolita1987
@Rossy2010
@JJamiah :grin:
@pre_medicalrulz
@GaiasDaughter24
@crvlngrhair
@Darenia
@maleucia
@NewHairWOWeave
@LilMissSunshine5
@NappyNelle
@tiredbeauty
@Firstborn2
@mami2010
@skraprchik
@winona
@davisbr88
@DayDreamist
@LaBelleLL
@Forever in Bloom
@Ronnieaj
@YoursTrulyRE
@NaturalBeauty<3
@KurlyNinja
@MsChelle
@Kerryann
@beauti
@bronzebomb
@GreenApple
@SoopremeBeing
@mEmYSELFaNDj
@chesleeb
@Skiggle
@ebonyksa
@mzsophisticated26
@Bluetopia
@BrandNew
@bebee10
@JustGROWwithIt
@kila82
@NefertariBlu
@divachyk :grin:
@Nerdstruck
@ResieCupp
@brg240
@Iluvsmuhgrass
@ProductJunkie
@Starronda
@nakialovesshoes
@Ebonybunny
@Sweet_Ambrosia
@Ms. Tiki
@MrsIQ
@Janet' :grin:
@NikkiQ :grin:
@brownsugarbaby
@CleopatrasCousin
@hairaboutit
@TrueSugar
@skyslady
@smwrigh3
@jamoca5
@Krystle~Hime
@ms.tatiana
@SpicyPisces
@tasha5951
@sunnieb
@justicefighter1913
@Nasdaq_Diva
@Silkycoils
@sugarwater
@jerseygurl
@lacreolegurl
@melisandre
@Chelz
@hair4romheaven
@Aggie
@indarican
@Lakieeshaa
@EbonyEyes813
@ojemba
@bajandoc86
@ladysnow
@godzooki
@NaNaEternally
@CurliDiva
@camilla
@nazjha
@mscocopuff
@SherylsTresses

List continues in Post #3.

Last edited:

JJamiah

^^^ I am not joining that either. :look: But just for the fun of it, I did hide my hair during this challenge for the whole time :)

JJamiah

mmm hmm...you ain't foolin nobody.:pinocchio

:spank: No I am not, I don't like to really wear my hair out. So hopefully the CurlFormers will change my mind. LOL, plus I relaxed in July! Haven't worn my hair out after that at all, April was the first one, NOw I had to rock that hair for a week LOL, it was so beautiful I couldn't resist.

This year I am NOT getting my hair CUT.

2 trims and 2 dustings.

JJamiah

I don't care if one strand is too my toes and half is to my waist and the other half is whip. I am not, going to cut, TRIM trim TRIM TRIM TRIM.

I could join but I am going to get my relaxer in April. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Come to think of it I probably wore it out for the first and last time (in April) Yikes LOL

I will try to set my hair this year, and just keep wigging it. I don't see an end to my wiggings LOL

Ms_CoCo37

I don't care if one strand is too my toes and half is to my waist and the other half is whip. I am not, going to cut, TRIM trim TRIM TRIM TRIM.

I could join but I am going to get my relaxer in April. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Come to think of it I probably wore it out for the first and last time (in April) Yikes LOL

I will try to set my hair this year, and just keep wigging it. I don't see an end to my wiggings LOL
:lachen:You a nut. You betta come on and quit trippin. You know you're my hair buddy.:look:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I'm in. Doing crown & glory, so this works perfect!

ETA:Add start pic as attachment, since not showing for everyone

Attachments

• photoh2.JPG
    photoh2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

JJamiah

:lachen:You a nut. You betta come on and quit trippin. You know you're my hair buddy.:look:

Fine since you want me here :giggle:

:guiness::alcoholic Get my last drink in for the year. (I don't drink)
:poke:mad:Ms_CoCo37 hitting me with a stick
:swordfigh:cheers::whip::drunk2::bat::mob: :killlurk: :210: (you get all this, scaring me)

:strong: I have to now get my weight up because Next step is HIP Length.

I hear by Claim I DO NOT want to be any LONGER. MY NEXT CUT January 2013 or April 2013 gods will, I will cut this back, mean while, I will Join just this time :giggle:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
JJamiah - of course I don't mind a question from a hair She-ro as yourself!

Ummm, as long as I can! I just started back at extention hair, and started self installing. The first 2x I think was about 4 or 5 weeks, but I made them too big. So I am hoping I can get a good 8-10 weeks.

JJamiah

LOL you so sillly. I am definitely hiding. I am exercising and trust I look like Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear afterwards LOL

JJamiah

@JJamiah - of course I don't mind a question from a hair She-ro as yourself!

Ummm, as long as I can! I just started back at extention hair, and started self installing. The first 2x I think was about 4 or 5 weeks, but I made them too big. So I am hoping I can get a good 8-10 weeks.

Golden75 Awww Thank U so much. :)

My problem is working out and my hair getting wet when in braids it mats up seriously. I lose alot of hair at my nape and edges because of the sweat build up. I would love to leave them in 26 weeks :lachen: honestly I would but we all know that isn't happening.

I think bigger for me or do you think smaller sections. I just hate the matting. I figured 3 weeks and I lost less hair. Grrrrrr decisions decisions LOL

NewHairWOWeave

IM in for this challenge I have already decided my weaves of choice.
1. Wavy & Long
2.Straight & Long
3. Curly & Long

DID I MENTION LONG (16''-20'')

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
JJamiah - I BC'd in July or August so I am at about 3-5" in different sections. I was so worried about the "pencil size rule" that I made them too big, mainly in the back, and then I cut the ends so some unravaled, so for me smaller will probably work but, but I'm adding hair.

If I was at your length, I probably would not use added hair. So I would go bigger, and then, if you must you can undo a section to cleanse if needbe with out to much work in re-doing, every 2-3 weeks.

JJamiah

@JJamiah - I BC'd in July or August so I am at about 3-5" in different sections. I was so worried about the "pencil size rule" that I made them too big, mainly in the back, and then I cut the ends so some unravaled, so for me smaller will probably work but, but I'm adding hair.

If I was at your length, I probably would not use added hair. So I would go bigger, and then, if you must you can undo a section to cleanse if needbe with out to much work in re-doing, every 2-3 weeks.

Yeah I was contemplating going larger, I am going to braid it large and see how that goes, I also keep reading to avoid OIL which I have been putting Nu-Gro Spray in my hair which seems oily a little to me.

I pan out better when I use no product at all but then again I don't want dry hair. I might just stick to my Nu-gro grease until it is gone. They got to $$$ for my taste. I don't usually do grease anywho.

Golden75 Thanks so much :)

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@JJamiah - I heard to stay away from creamy leave-ins while in braids, because it causes buildup/attracts lint. I wish I had a link, but it made sense. I used sprays and oils only, washed maybe 1-2x (don't judge, trying to prolong self installed KT). I had no buildup, no matting, removal was a breeze!

I also made a moisturizing spray with distilled water, conditioner (can't remember which) and an oil, and that worked well too.

Just an FYI - the sprays I used were Qyin Juices & Frank, Claudie's braid spray, Shea moisture hibiscus & coconut spray, the homemade mix, Silk Dreams spritz (a lil tacky/sticky, but no buildup). Also I've been using distilled water & rose water on my natural hair - love it! At night I would use an oil or butter mix, I usually shower w/o a cap so I get the steam action. In the a.m I spritz.

ETA - I also baggied/GHE while in my KT

tiredbeauty

I'm in! I've been hiding in flat twists already because I stretch for 6 months at a time and it makes it easier to stretch...so this is right up my alley!