Fine haired ladies pls show your hair

grnidmonster

Help a sister out!!! I have thin, fine hair that has suffered a severe setback, was chopped off to an inch and is trying to grow back but, I am extremely frustrated, Please provide much needed motivation to continue the journey by posting your healthy (any length) fine hair pix.

Be Blessed:rosebud:

Iluvsmuhgrass

4ab/3c fine strands in siggy pic.

Try not to worry or be too frustrated. It'll be ok. :yep: Just pamper it, be patient, and I'm sure you'll get good growth. Focus on simplicity and retention.

Geminigirl

I have fine sometimes med. Coarse strands. Sucks cause sometimes my hair is thick but when its damaged its thin and brittle. I know my hair needs moisture when it gets to that thin fragile stage. But even with fine hair I find ways to make it work while still burning on the inside at thick coarse hair I see on YouTube.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321611234987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611234987.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 297
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321611269577.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611269577.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 280
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321611312132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611312132.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 295
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321611384837.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611384837.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 270
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321611471097.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611471097.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 280

Geminigirl

I have tons of pic of my mane. But on my phone do five per post. Anyways the third pic in this post is on my bday in June. The chunky twist in my first post are from a few days ago. Now you can see the difference. On my bday my hair was so dry and brittle. I blew of out but was less than impressed so I pinned up some twists. In the first lost my hair is supple, moist, and moisturized which is how I get fuller, thicker hair.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321611706604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611706604.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 216
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321611802180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321611802180.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 206
  • uploadfromtaptalk1321612007727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321612007727.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 198

Austro-Afrikana

I have fine hair, medium density. So it feels quite thin to me but hey, people always seem to comment on how thick my hair is when I post pics lol.
Remember to keep up the protein treatments if you have fine hair

luckiestdestiny

I'm fine haired 4a natural with thick density. You can see my cut back in 2009 (nov) below to get out most of the layers which helped a ton (still working on it) and also my progress in Jan 2011 (13 months later).

I will say I haven't updated since, waiting until Jan for my next one

(see below for pics)

I'm natural BTW

hothair

Pic in my siggy - Protein is my best friend. My hair is relaxed, coloured, highlighted, BKT-ed and getting steadily thicker. What helped me: Simple weekly wash and DC protein friendly regimen, stretching out chemical treatments and vitamins like Nioxin, Biosil and chlorella with Vit C.

HauteHippie

^^^^^ good to know! We pretty much have the same reggie, but I take spirulina instead of chlorella and a whole food multi. And I wash twice a week. I hope my hair thickens up!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Honey Bee

Texlaxed head checking in! There's a pic in my avvy, but that's more towards the beginning of my hhj, it's much thicker now. :yep: I credit henna, light protein, wheat germ oil in my dc's, and dusting every 6-8 wks. I got it cut back to SL at the end of August and it's already about an inch away from APL, and looking okay if I may say so myself. I wore it flat-ironed for the first time in ages and it actually looked nice. (I sound surprised, yes. :ohwell:)

kandiekj100

Fine and thin, that's me. I'm not sure how long your hair is or whether you are relaxed or natural, but the following was done on natural hair that was between SL & APL.

I try to go with styles that have the illusion of volume, but I do have to be careful with over manipulating my hair. So if I wear a twistout one day, then I try to go for another day or two before combing it and doing something else, by putting it an updo using bobby pins or hair sticks, or putting it in a bun.

And if I flatiron my hair, I try not to use heat again while wearing it straight (which is usually only about a week for me). I will just pincurl or put some rollers in my hair to extend the life of the 'do if begins to get to a point where wrapping it isn't cutting it. Hope this helps!

I don't have a ton of pics by I tried showing different styles -bun with twists, 2nd day twistout hair, flexirod set on flatironed hair, and twistout updo, braidout.

Attachments

• twisted bun-back.jpg
    twisted bun-back.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 198
  • 2nd day hair twistout 4-21-11.jpg
    2nd day hair twistout 4-21-11.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 206
  • flexi rod.jpg
    flexi rod.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 190
  • twistout updo 10.6.11.jpg
    twistout updo 10.6.11.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 193
  • braidout-8.10.11(2).jpg
    braidout-8.10.11(2).jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 188

winona

I have fine hair but lots of it:) and I struggle to keep up with my protein treatments. When I first joined I was just doing moisture, moisture, moisture because my hair was such a train wreck:) but now that it is healthier I definitely have to step up my protein game. To keep my hair from looking spacey I use to curl my twists even before my "self" BKT. I do the BKT just for manageability so i do not use the high heat that is recommended (only use 375 at most:grin: no more than 5 swipes) it doesn't give me the super sleek look but at least I don't have heat damage:look:while I am crying is some thread somewhere. To check if I had heat damage I let straightest portion of my hair dry one day without product or manipulation:nono:. Well that won't happen again because my hair drew up like what BKT:lachen:but at least I know now:spinning:Anyway you didn't ask for my diary so here goes my pics of straight twists vs curly twists:)

Attachments

• DSCN2264.jpg
    DSCN2264.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN2432.jpg
    DSCN2432.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 119

Evolving78

the pic is in my siggy!
fine 4a, relaxed

my natural texture hid a lot of things of what was going on with my hair. i couldn't see any breakage. when i relaxed i saw what the deal was, i cut about 2 inches. now i incorporate more protein (not hard core) into my reggie. i also rollerset my hair. i'm not feeling the straight look on me right now. once i reach my first goal, i might wear it straighter.

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I have fine hair, I guess with medium density, at least that's what I'm trying to get back to. I was always told my hair is thick, but the actual stands are very fine and easy to tangle.

I suffered a lot of shedding and breakage, starting at the end of last year, and to me, my hair has less volume. So now I'm just trying to get back to where I was. Protein is definitely my friend and helps to strengthen my hair.

Picture below is my hair before the heavy shedding started.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=2815&pictureid=110105

Last edited:

temfash

I have fine hair, medium density. So it feels quite thin to me but hey, people always seem to comment on how thick my hair is when I post pics lol.
Remember to keep up the protein treatments if you have fine hair

Best Advice I ever received. My strands are fine, with medium density too, people always seem to think my hair is thick but its not there is a pic in my siggy. There are no recent pics I still don't know how to post pics:blush:

Last edited:

cutiepiebabygirl

I have fine hair....my avatar is my pic...that was almost a year ago...I'm almost WL now...but I haven't take hair pics in forever. Next relaxer I will update it.

The key for my hair..is low manipulation, co-washing, m/s.

I think I'm the only fine-haired person that can't use protein. I have to use it sparingly and not often.

I'm 4A/3c relaxed..with lots of strands.

Last edited:

PJaye

A fine, low density, fragile haired Sista checking in.

Castor oil has been my BFF throughout my HHJ (I cannot live without it and will purchase it by the gallon). Since I am also protein sensitive, I closely monitor my intake of both known and hidden proteins; in addition to those substances that will reportedly “act like a protein”.

I’m about to go shampoo and DC, so I snapped these for ya. Stay motivated!

Attachments

• NOV 2011.jpg
    NOV 2011.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 158
  • NOV 2011A.jpg
    NOV 2011A.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 136

Triniwegian

People think I have thick hair too. i have a lot of strands but they are very fine.

grnidmonster

PJaye
Thank you for the pix.

How exactly do you use castor oil on fine hair. Any oil on my hair makes it stick together and look even thinner.

grnidmonster

Ladies ladies ladies!!!!! Awesomely beautiful hair. Thank you so much for reaching out and posting. The motivation makes it easier to continue on. Hopefully one day....

Thank you again.

grnidmonster

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am a natural withhair that loves conditioner and protein and hates oil and butters. Any type of heat makes my hair look much thinner and I heat damage easily.

I was once or twice a week, henna/indigo once a month and shampoo as needed.

Aggie

I feel your pain @grnidmonster. I have fine hair also and like many of the ladies mentioned here, make sure to use some protein on it to keep it strengthened to reduce breakage but always follow with some moisture. I use henna mostly for coloring but it seems to add some thickness to my strands because it coats them - always a plus:grin:.

Please don't lose heart. Keep up with your regimen, take some biotin, pantothenic acid, and msm. They all seem to help internally.

By the way, I am lightly texlaxed.

That's my hair in my avatar 2 years ago but here is my latest pic this month:

Attachments

• Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    Hair Updates November 10th, 2011 006.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
the pic is in my siggy!
fine 4a, relaxed

my natural texture hid a lot of things of what was going on with my hair.i couldn't see any breakage. when i relaxed i saw what the deal was, i cut about 2 inches. now i incorporate more protein (not hard core) into my reggie. i also rollerset my hair. i'm not feeling the straight look on me right now. once i reach my first girl, i might wear it straighter.

I noticed this too. it was when i started to wear my hair loose and stretched i could see where the weak areas in my hair were. before this i would monitor my breakage by keeping it in twists/braids 24/7. if my ends were thick from root to tip i knew nothing was going wrong. it was when i started to wear buns and wash n goes it was harder to tell if my hair was breaking and where.

Last edited:

danniegirl

I have fine sometimes med. Coarse strands. Sucks cause sometimes my hair is thick but when its damaged its thin and brittle. I know my hair needs moisture when it gets to that thin fragile stage. But even with fine hair I find ways to make it work while still burning on the inside at thick coarse hair I see on YouTube.

First off thank you thank you thank you for posting pics i have never ever had someone with hair that i could truly say looks so much like my own.

If you dont mind i really could use a Q&A session with you

1. whats your reggie like

2. whats your fav products

3. what did you do to achieve such thick looking twist in your first pic i try cunky twist but its a no go for me my hair may not be long enough just yet

PJaye

PJaye
Thank you for the pix.

How exactly do you use castor oil on fine hair. Any oil on my hair makes it stick together and look even thinner.

I add it to my DCs and co-washing conditioners, and as the base for my sealant (I airdry 99.9% of the time and seal from root to tip on damp hair). For some reason, my hair loves oils, but you can still reap their many benefits by simply adding them to your conditioners without the greasy I-work-for-the-WWE look.:lol:

BTW, before deciding to predominantly airdry and incorporate castor oil, my straightened hair would look so thin and sickly that my ponytails resembled the tassel that hangs from the top of a graduation cap. I kid you not.

luckiestdestiny

Best Advice I ever received. My strands are fine, with medium density too, people always seem to think my hair is thick but its not there is a pic in my siggy. There are no recent pics I still don't know how to post pics:blush:
In reference to protein...I think OP should know that advice is NOT for everyone. My fine dense hair thrives on moisture. In fact the only protein I put in my hair is in the avocado conditioner from Sheschetit or the oils I use over night before wash (coconut, avocado,argan).

Also silk protein in the deep moisturizing conditioner from silk elements but that's more moisturizing than not.

So for me if I listened to the protein is the best for fine strands, I would have another set back (had one two years ago in reference to just that and had to cut back because of that).

Oh and low manipulation is my best friend. I do think that's a consistency for the most part among naturals (but I'm sure someone can step in and tell another story lol as we're all different).

Last edited:

destine2grow

I have fine hair. I need to start back doing a light protein once a week. I am only doing it once a month and I am noticing some breakage. Oh I'm naural 4a/3c

mscocopuff

Here I am! I totally agree with the castor oil. It has helped a great deal. Also using ceramides. Love em!!

(excuse the peach fuzz!!! It was waxing time!!).

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF