APL 2012 Challenge

Evolving78

i am hiding my blow dryers for the rest of the year and i am going back to roller setting. i gotta get out of this funk concerning my hair. it is going to turn on me ugly if i don't get it together now.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
shortdub78 said:
i am hiding my blow dryers for the rest of the year and i am going back to roller setting. i gotta get out of this funk concerning my hair. it is going to turn on me ugly if i don't get it together now.

I was in a hair-funk, too! A cut and some new products brought me back to earth.

Evolving78

i rolled and air dried my hair yesterday. it was a lot of hair coming out from detangling. i really believe the relaxer that girl used caused me to shed more or it could be something else i am going through. i just took the rollers out and flat ironed my roots in the front.

now i am sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my hair next. i think i am going to start pinning my hair up in the back for a few days and then bun until wash day. it will get cold again soon and i gotta start working on my fall and winter reggie.

NikkiQ

Hey ladies! Happy Labor Day. Spent the day the beach yesterday with friends and rocked my puff. Loved it with the new color.

ForumRunner_20120903_075148.jpg

Sent from my Android...Boom.

lamaria211

NikkiQ said:
Hey ladies! Happy Labor Day. Spent the day the beach yesterday with friends and rocked my puff. Loved it with the new color.

Love the color and the puff:)

longhairdreaming

Hope everyone is doing well on their way to APL and onward.

I just washed my kinky twist and got my fist whiff of the sulfur smell...yuck! I'm in the NJoy Sulfur Challenge. Hoping it'll push me over the APL hump. Not much else to report...back to work which oddly enough means I'll have more time for my hair lol.

lamaria211

Happy labor day ladies I'm dcing all day today and probably some of tomorrow to! BBQ later so ill throw on a wig for that

Last edited:

jprayze

NikkiQ said:

Love it...looks so healthy

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Happy Labor Day! Just checking in, I thought we had a length check today, but it's in 30 days and I just did some cutting 0.o so that extra 30 days will be awesome!

I made an appointment this past Friday to get my hair straightened, but I chickened out; I'm always saying that "it's just hair" and blahblahblah, but I will be so disappointed if after 2 years of growth I go to straighten my hair and it turns out looking average or less than...

I also am itching for a texlax, the SSks and knots are just killing me! But I'm also lazy (lol) and I'm not sure I could give texlaxed hair the TLC it needs AND I'm not good with picking products and I hate experimenting, so I'm not sure if that will work out for me...

Lurkee

NikkiQ said:

Bloody hell! Who knew you had all that hair?! :drool: The colour is perfect.

jprayze

NikkiQ said:
How was the trip jprayze???

Trip was excellent. It was absolutely beautiful. those 4 days away took something out of my hair. It's dry and doesn't feel that good. I'm going to Put a DC on and go to bed. I think tomorrow I will go to the hair school and get my hair straightened.

Realhairdontcare

NikkiQ said:

Nice puff and hair color.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

jprayze

I need some advice...been dealing with some shedding/thinning issues. Noticed hair on right side was super thin in June. Been babying my hair really since then. I went 2 months with no heat.

When I started taking my minibraids up, I was shedding a lot but I chalked it up to losing 2 wks of shed hair bedside of the braids. It Now seems like im starting to get the shedding under control with ORS hair mayo and AE garlic hair mask. I changed my meds in case they were causing the issues. Im going to start taking biotin today as well. I also started a daily massage of MN, apricot oil, WGHO, and peppermint oil.

Is there anything else I should be doing for prevention and to encourage growth in those thin areas?

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hey Ladies!! I posted this in another thread, but these are my results from flat ironing w/o blow drying. The process:

I DC for 5hrs, then co-rinse w/ Suave coconut conditioner. I M&S w/Aphogee leave-in & sealed w/ WGHO. I then braided my hair (3 braids per section, total head count 12) & secured braids w/ a rubber band. The next day, I took the braids out (the section I was testing), applied my heat protectant (Matrix iron straighter, this stuff is amazing!!!) & flat ironed the section, parting the section into two's. I only did 2-3 heat passes, but could of gotten away w/ 1.

Attachments

• straight 3.JPG
    straight 3.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 49
  • straight.JPG
    straight.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 39

Guinan

Re-Branding
I need some advice...been dealing with some shedding/thinning issues. Noticed hair on right side was super thin in June. Been babying my hair really since then. I went 2 months with no heat.

When I started taking my minibraids up, I was shedding a lot but I chalked it up to losing 2 wks of shed hair bedside of the braids. It Now seems like im starting to get the shedding under control with ORS hair mayo and AE garlic hair mask. I changed my meds in case they were causing the issues. Im going to start taking biotin today as well. I also started a daily massage of MN, apricot oil, WGHO, and peppermint oil.

Is there anything else I should be doing for prevention and to encourage growth in those thin areas?

Welcome Back!!!:spinning:

I have been having some shedding issues too. I've been doing the tea rinse and keeping out of my hair as much as possible & that seems to be helping. In regards to thinning, I had some issues w/ a bald spot due to scalp burns from a relaxer. One of the ladies here suggested JBCO. I applied it 2x's a day. That really helped. It still alittle thin but not bald like before. I think WGHO will do the same. I really like WGHO & have noticed lots of growth using it.

From what I remember, after I came back from DR (stayed a week), my hair was fried!:nono: It was b/c of the water & sun.

jprayze

^^^thanks I'm going to work on adding tea rinses to my regi. pelohello what kind of tea do you use and how often?

And yes my hair was totally fried...it was too hot and I was trying my best not to take too many products!

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Wow!! Thanks for all the love ladies!!

Got Daannngggg, Where all that come from. Your hair is beautiful. What is your reggie again.

I love the color.

Thanks The Princess! My hair is usually in Celies 99% of the time so no one really knows how thick my hair is until I take it down lol. My reggie is very simple. I shampoo and DC once every 2 weeks and install a fresh set of Celies. I M&S daily or every other day. I do a protein treatment every 6 weeks or so. I've been using MN off and on since May.That's about it really.

Bloody hell! Who knew you had all that hair?! :drool: The colour is perfect.

LOL Thanks! :lachen:

Trip was excellent. It was absolutely beautiful. those 4 days away took something out of my hair. It's dry and doesn't feel that good. I'm going to Put a DC on and go to bed. I think tomorrow I will go to the hair school and get my hair straightened.

You sure you wanna get your hair straightened right now if you're dealing with dryness jprayze?

@NikkiQ GIRL!!!!! COLOR + PUFF = Da BIDNESS!!!! :drool: I need a love button. Seriously.

When you gonna color your hair woman???

Uhmmm, my puffs never look like this. Spill the beans! What products did you use in your hair (including accessories/pony holder)? I wanna know!

This was from the wash n go I did the night before. I just sprayed it with water, applied a little bit of my SM yucca and aloe thickening milk around my edges and ends, and then pulled out my beloved...thigh high stocking! That's it. I don't use ponytail holders or anything for my puffs. The thigh high lets me adjust it to the size I want and the position I want without pulling my hair too tight.

jprayze

You sure you wanna get your hair straightened right now if you're dealing with dryness jprayze?

Well I DC'd overnight and I'm going to get some kind of treatment while Im there. So hopefully I will be ok.

NikkiQ

The puff is going bye bye today. Going to cowash with my color shield condish and slap some fat Celies in so I can rock a braid out this weekend during our trip to San Juan.