How Mama Dukes Regrew Hair Edges In 5 Months!

MsLizziA

I know yall remember when i posted that pic of my mom's hair on here for help right? And then followed the whole lipstick alley thing.... yea.. anyway... mama duckes got a message for them :grin:

~ques Look At Me Now~

Yea so we grew her hair out in like 5 months and she's ecstatic about it.

Here's the link to how we did it... http://strawberricurls.com/2011/10/19/how-mama-dukes-regrew-hair-edges-in-5-months/

Last edited:

faithVA

Fortunately I missed that thread cuz it sounds like it was a mess. But congratulations to your mom. I know how good it feels to have your hair back and having it look good again. :yep:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Guess I better give my mom my JBCO. She has the same problem.

@MsLizziA - how often did she apply? I did read the link, but I'm sleepy, and don't remember all that I read.

ETA: I went back - every night

Last edited:

sweetvi

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...this is motivation for everyone!! question..... what did she use to moisturize her hair and how often?? how often did she wash her hair and she used JBCO for her hair nightly? or twice a day?

im so happy for her!!!

MsLizziA

Wow, so JBCO is what helped her?

Do you have pictures of her hair in twists?

growinghealthyhair well unforutanely i didn't think to do that but she did get them in comb coils when i left by someone else. She said it was twisted but it looked like comb coils to me. I told her don't just trust everyone in her hair. I have a picture of that.

And yes JBCO is what did it

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I will definately be suggesting this to my mom.

She has been wearing weaves for year, and her edgs done gone away! She is all natural, and I think she is APL stretched. So is just so use to weaves, but said she will start with wigs. She's ready to wear her hair, but I know her edges hold her back.

Thanks again MsLizziA!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
MsLizziA, what type/brand of Jamaican Black Castor Oil? Where did you get it from? Can you buy it from a store, or is it an online product?

My mom has thinning edges too which I think came from wearing tight rollers in her hair when she was younger. She never wore wigs/weaves/extensions. I would like to suggest this to her.

FearfullyMade

Good for you, and even better for your mom:) I used the same brand of castor oil (extra dark) a few months ago when I experimented with a hair net for a sew-in (never again). You really brought her hair back to life.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
After all the drama in the original thread months back...I am so glad to see your mama got EXCELLENT results from her hard work.

krissyprissy

That's great the JBCO worked for her. I have a bottle that's been hanging around for a year and still havn't figured out how to make it work for my hair. It's so heavy but I might use it to maintain my edges although they are not that bad.