Any relaxed/texlaxed ladies use butters?

Dposh167

so i'm transitioning from BONE STRAIGHT to texlaxed (wavy) hair. I'm probably about 75% texlaxed right now.

When i was bone straight, I avoided butters totally because they were to heavy for my hair and i didn't notice any good it was doing for me. But now that i have more texture, I think they might be a good addition to my stash. I can tell my hair can take more heavy products now.

so does any relaxed ladies use butters? If so, which companies?

LaidBak

I am bone straight. For a long time I sealed my ends with Elasta QP mango butter. It was awesome for that. It really helped me retain. I saw the difference when I stopped.
Now I use Seyani Hair butter on my NG and ends. Its lighter than EQP, so I'm using it for the summer. This winter its right back to EQP.

MissYocairis

I'm really texlaxed....like, to the point that "friends" think I'm full natural. :nono: (clueless) Anyway, I love using and HAVE to use butters. I am currently using EQP Mango Butter but I also use Mizani H2O Rose hairdress which is heavy like a butter with a lovely rose smell and it's great for sealing. It's funny because being THIS texlaxed really makes me wonder if I could ever handle being full natural. I have so many days when I wish I was bone straight again....but I've already made the mistake before of getting discouraged with texlaxing and going back to bone straight. Over all, I prefer thick, full, healthy hair waaaay more than how my hair is when it's bone straight so I'll stick it out.

But yes, I have found that my hair can take more...but also it's a feeling that it NEEDS more...it NEEDS those butters to "perform" if you will. :lol: For it to have the right shine and hold the right curl, or lay down when I need it to, I've got to get in there and shingle in my butters....section by section.

I'm looking for great recs on other butters out there and any other styling suggestions for texlaxed hair so keep 'em coming!

MissYocairis

On a Texlaxed Styling Note: pre-pooing with a full egg/condish/evoo mixture weekly is amazing for texlaxed hair. It really keeps the moisture and protein in for styling so your hair doesn't break from the strain of detangling.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Some of the one's I'm using or have used:

Njoi Creations Ayurvedic Hair Butter and Njoi's Healthy Hair Butta' w/MSM
QB Amala, Olive & Heavy Cream and QB Burdock Root
SheScentIt Marshmallow Hair Cream
Purabody Naturals Capucua Hair Butter
Hairitage Hydrations "Clouds" *more like a cream tho'*
Afroveda Ginger Root Pomade
Komaza Califia Hair Cream & Komaza Scalp Butter
Darcy's Botancials Tucuma Hair Cream

I'll report back

Toy

I love Butters i use,

1.Qhemet root burdock butter.
2.Enso Naturals Olive & Honey Butter(need to find a replacement because of the Scandal).

Looking to add more to my Regimen.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I love Butters i use,

1.Qhemet root burdock butter.
2.Enso Naturals Olive & Honey Butter(need to find a replacement because of the Scandal).

Looking to add more to my Regime.

Toy I forgot about this one. Also one of my Favs.:grin:

I also like Enso's Marshallow & Honey and the other one they had.:sad:

Oh Yeah and Hairveda's Green Tea Hair Butter.

Dposh167

Some of the one's I'm using or have used:

Njoi Creations Ayurvedic Hair Butter and Njoi's Healthy Hair Butta' w/MSM
QB Amala, Olive & Heavy Cream and QB Burdock Root
SheScentIt Marshmallow Hair Cream
Purabody Naturals Capucua Hair Butter
Hairitage Hydrations "Clouds" *more like a cream tho'*
Afroveda Ginger Root Pomade
Komaza Califia Hair Cream & Komaza Scalp Butter
Darcy's Botancials Tucuma Hair Cream

I'll report back

IDareT'sHair
I just ordered SSI's marshmellow cream. What kind of consistency can i expect. I thought it was more of a creamy water based moisturizer. So its butter like then?

do u use the hairitage clouds often? i have my eye on the avacado cloud

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair
I just ordered SSI's marshmellow cream. What kind of consistency can i expect. I thought it was more of a creamy water based moisturizer. So its butter like then?

do u use the hairitage clouds often? i have my eye on the avacado cloud

@poochie167 It's a cross between a butter & a cream.:yep:

So, is the Clouds. It's Creamy.:yep: The Avocado & the Mango Tango.

@Toy you should try these.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Toy I think you'd like it. Either one. They're both about the same consistency. The Avocado Clouds or the Mango Tango.

They smell 'similar' too.:yep:

RossBoss

Nope, I tried it once, but I just prefer oils. I save the butters for my body. I wear my hair in rollerset curls so shea butter, which is my staple, would just weigh them down. I like soft fluffy curls and oils help me to maintain that.

prospurr4

I'm texlaxed but have never used butters. I like sealing with oil and have always felt that butters would just weigh my hair down too much.

frizzy

I use plain old unrefined shea butter on wet hair, after the leave-in and coconut oil are added to seal the hair. It's not greasy at all when the hair dries and I'm not stingy with the amount I use at all.

Britt

Butters r too heavy for me. I bought the Naturalista juicy leave in and its a bit too emollient and greasy for me. I'm currently 15 wks post and figured it would help me with my new growth but its too heavy and greasy.
Sent using Sprint HTC

LaidBak

Whipped butters are much better for relaxed heads than ones that arent. I cant use straight shea but when its whipped with oils its perfect.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Do you guys use anything water based under your butters and oil? Or do oils keep your hair "moisturized"? how long before you need to dc/cowash again?

RoseTintedCheeks

I prefer using spray leave-ins over butters. They weigh my hair down, which I don't mind if I'm bunning, but other than that it's a no go.

LaidBak

Do you guys use anything water based under your butters and oil? Or do oils keep your hair "moisturized"? how long before you need to dc/cowash again?

I always use a water based leave in. On wash days I use Roux Fermodyl 619, and nightly I spritz with something like Pantene light spray conditioner, or Aphogee pro-vitamin leave in.
The water IS the moisture, the butter and oils help retain that moisture.

Toy

keyawarren,I use S-curl and Proline softner Moisturizer under the butter then i seal with Oil...I condition wash/deep condition twice a week.

sbfairy

I am mostly texlaxed with some bone straight ends and I love butters! My favorite is the one from KBB. I also like SSI Mango Butter Cream and Hairveda Noi'Nah Fruit butter. I do use a water based moisturizer and just a dab of butter seals my whole head. I am a VERY dry 4b and my hair just eats up an oil instantly, I need something heavier.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i'm relaxed transitioning to natural(?) and i use butters... always have always will, especially during protective styling... i like to have my hair moistened then i apply my butters which is just a mixture of shea, cocoa butter and castor oil..