What are your results with Sulfur 8?

Jewell

My mom used to apply Sulfur 8 to my scalp when I was little, but I have to admit, I haven't used it in YEARS. Right now, I am using BB Super Gro (which contains sage and sulphur). Just wondering how Sulfur 8 works for you ladies. Thinking about purchasing some this weekend and going back to it. Thanks in advance! ;)

Ashee

I must admit that I was having some crazy itching & that stopped after 2 days of uage!!!
I heard it helps in hair growth but I think that's just because it keeps the hair moisturized!
If anything I think the sulfer helps the sclap stay healthy & soothed!!:yep:

LiqueXX

I have almost a full jar, I do not really oil my scalp that much but I am thinking about using it for this last four weeks before I relax (I am 6 weeks out).

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I remember flaky scalp wasn't an issue when I used it. But the Sulfur 8 nowadays seems weaker than the one I remember using.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Sulfur 8 is the bomb! It is one of the products in my stinky challenge. My mom loves the stuff. It is a great help in growing hair. My hair started growing like a weed once i started using it daily.

EbonyEyes

I used to use it when I was younger and it got rid of dandruff plus increased hair growth.

But then I jumped on that "Don't use petroleum products - they're bad for your scalp" bandwagon and stopped using it.

I just started using it again and my hair is thanking me for it!

Ebony

candibaby

I use the Braid Spray at night (i'm in cornrows) and it's keeping my hair from itching.. cause usually after 3 days it itches like crazy!

Ashee

candibaby said:
I use the Braid Spray at night (i'm in cornrows) and it's keeping my hair from itching.. cause usually after 3 days it itches like crazy!
THEY HAVE A SPRAY?????!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Can I find it where they have the normal stuff???? :confused:

Jewell

Thanks for all the responses! Hey everyone, I used Sulfur 8 on my scalp today after washing and air drying, and I must admit, my scalp feels awesome. Its tingly and cool, and feels very stimulated. Maybe its the menthol that increases circulation (gives that cool, then warm tingly feeling) which helps with hair growth. The sulfur is also a factor with growth, of course. I think next time I won't be so heavy handed with it! I am going to use it every other night. :D

Diane71

I use the braid spray also and though I have'nt seen any new growth from it alone my hair and scalp stay moisturized as a result. I mix my Sulfur 8 spray with Daily Doctor and Surge 14 in a color applicator bottle and apply it to my scalp 2x's a day and I think that combination is making my ng come in faster.

azul11

Am I losing it? Maybe I have a different kind of Sulfur 8 because the one I have doesnt smell at all. Its smells like regular ol grease. I dont use it alone so I cant comment on how it makes me scalp feel..I do know using these products have reduced my shedding and my hair has felt soft. I also use Glover the ointment and sometimes BB super gro just for the smell. God bless you all.

Ashee

I FOUND THE SPRAY!!!!!!!!!
I use it everyday now that I have my braids & it's wonderful!!! A 16 FL Oz bottle!!!!!:woot:
Thanks!!:up:

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I use it on my scalp and ends when I'm doing protective styles and it keeps my hair moisturized and new growth soft.

mscounselor

I started using it for my dry scalp and it worked quickly...but maybe I didn't wash properly because the itching came back. :mad: Stop using it then. Thinking of just using Castor oil.
Which one is better?

Mizani_Mrs

Ashee said:
THEY HAVE A SPRAY?????!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Can I find it where they have the normal stuff???? :confused:

yea and they also have Sulfer 8 shampoo that comes in a spray. it's for braids also....

Phoenix

I use this off and on and I like it. Once, a few years ago, I had braids for a year and used Sulfur 8 every couple of days. I had no dandruff and my hair grew a lot. I think I prefer MTG though because it has more sulfur and it's an oil rather than a thick grease.

Ashee

Mizani_Mrs said:
yea and they also have Sulfer 8 shampoo that comes in a spray. it's for braids also....
The poo has a spray too!!:woot:
Oh boy, Christmas has arrived early with all the stuff I'm finding this week!!!!!! :lol:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
how do u mix Sulfur 8 with other products??? is it the Sulfur 8 grease, oil, or spray that you mix with other products??? :confused:

angellazette

I've mixed the Sulfur 8 grease with Glover's. The grease is pretty soft, and since the Glover's is liquid, it softens it up even more.

locabouthair

I have it in my bathroom. my mom uses it she says it's good for dandruff. i never used it because it had petroleum or mineral oil and i never have dandruff. but if its supposed to grow my hair then i will try it.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I mentioned in another thread that I used Sulfur 8 for the first time yesterday and it made my scalp feel nice and tingly!!! I plan on using it daily! I can't wait to see results in a few months or so!!! :yay:

Growingitlong

hey ladies
are you talking about the original sulfur 8 grease with the yellow label?
I have heard that the sulfur 8 has 2% sulfur.
Does anyone know of other greases which contain sulfur?

L

LaNecia

Growingitlong said:
hey ladies
are you talking about the original sulfur 8 grease with the yellow label?
I have heard that the sulfur 8 has 2% sulfur.
Does anyone know of other greases which contain sulfur?

Sulfur Solutions has Sulfur though it doesn't say what percentage on my label but it is partially torn off. However this product isn't really a grease either. :ohwell: Kinda but not quite, similar in texture to the ORS Temple Balm.

beloved1

Okay, with the sulfur craze on the board (i.e. MTG) I decided to atleast get my feet wet and start out with Sulfur 8. I wear my hair straight and swingy everyday and I don't necessarily want it weighted down, so I'm using it on my nape area which has a lot of catching up and that way I can gauge it well too. I used it on my daughter's hair today too (all over) and at first I was just going to do her scalp but I was surprised how soft it made her hair. It was nostalgic to smell it, and remember my parents using it.- my dad actually used it b/c he wanted his hair to grow. If this works, I may add MTG to the next jar I get.

Platinum

I used Sulfur8 in my mix earlier this year and got good results. Unfortunately, with the summer heat, it was too much to bear. (A little too stinky) I may try it again after it starts cooling down.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Am I losing it? Maybe I have a different kind of Sulfur 8 because the one I have doesnt smell at all. Its smells like regular ol grease. I dont use it alone so I cant comment on how it makes me scalp feel..I do know using these products have reduced my shedding and my hair has felt soft. I also use Glover the ointment and sometimes BB super gro just for the smell. God bless you all.

There is a regular (yellow jar?) and a light formula (blue jar). I always used to use the light formula.